Anime

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
So, I have recently been watching a lot of anime with my son, Haywire3, including season 1 of Pokemon, 2004 Tetsujin 28, 80s Shin Tetsujin 28, 60s Gigantor, and took a sidestep for an episode of Megas XLR which led to hunting down Star Blazers: Quest for Iscandar, all of which he has really loved. He's also seen Speed Racer, Porco Rosso, My Neighbor Totoro, and Laputa.
He IS 5-1/2, and a little sensitive about people dying (sort of), so we haven't tried Macross/Robotech or some of the other Ghibli films, and it will be quite some time before I let him watch City Hunter, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Space Adventure Cobra or similar shows, but I'm kind of wondering what other classic anime I can introduce him to? Thinking about Astro Boy, which I've never seen myself, and Patlabor (though I hate the dub), mayyyybe Irresponsible Captain Tylor (it's kind of borderline). Anyone have any suggestions?

Voltron, if you go with the dub, which cuts out much of the death and presents the monsters as robots, thou the vehicle series has the monsters that are truly machines, if you choose to watch the 80s series, you could go for Samuari Pizza Cats as well

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Gundam Build Fighters or Build Divers is good for a kid. It's all just a game there.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Gundam Build Fighters or Build Divers is good for a kid. It's all just a game there.
Maybe not Build Divers Re:RISE, though, as it gets a bit more serious in the later parts.

Like when an entire city gets glassed because they all thought it was just part of the game and Kazami can't shut his hole.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I just finished my rewatch of Dairugger XV, AKA Vehicle Voltron, while most of the cast is fairly static in terms of personalties and not really learning much, but the series has a strong message about war, its consquences and the reprocussions of it, as well as what happens to nature if one is not careful, the most fleshed out character, would be on the loosing side, as he is presented as the one who would rather avoid confict, yet many of those under his command, would rather fight than talk things out and make peace, even openningly defying his command and getting away with it as they had the backing of those above him, in short at times, he was commander in name only!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Shows I finished:
A Sign of Affection: Super cute and sweet romance. It did end up going the predictable route with the supporting chars, but it was still a feel good show.

Bravern: I def need to rewatch this sometime. The twists threw me for a loop, but overall very satisfied with this show.

Mr. Villain's Day Off: Slice of life show on a tokusatsu villain trying to enjoy his days off. Quite cute and I want more.

Fluffy Paradise: The general premise of isekai'ing into a fantasy world of creatures is fun, but the MC is def OP and some things feel too easy. More serious than I thought it'd be.

I'm also caught up to Detective Conan. Well, minus a huge chunk of eps in the middle that I couldn't find anywhere. I'll admit that I didn't always pay full attention to the filler eps (which is 90% of the show).

Top Bottom