Am I the only one who liked Revenge of the Fallen and the Twins?

Chris777

Citizen
I liked the twins as a kid, and I still like them now and I think it was a shame they were pulled from DOTM.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
I actually liked the figures, even more so the Dark of the moon designs that didn't show up in the movie. Great figures though.

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, it was such a cool idea for a "combiner" but the characters were painfully awful.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They made people laugh a few times in my theater. The hate they got was definitely more of an online thing.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Let me echo that the characters are awful but the two bots becoming an ice-cream truck alt mode is wonderful.

I wish someone could scrape them off that alt mode and make a cool pair that could do the same thing.Maybe using the Reality jumping Skids and Screech from Japan.

-ZacWilliam, in the background of a comic or something.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I think that it's a shame the Twins were cut from DotM. The major moment planned for them was pretty awesome.

As for RotF? It wasn't horrible, but it was a sign of things to come with the films.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I love the special effects in RotF, but the story itself is disjointed and makes little sense. Plus the fact that it is basically contradicted by the first and 3rd movies making it irrelevant. The twins themselves could have been cool if they had been written better.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not really. I would argue that him just having the Matrix all along with no explanation is better than the explanation ROTF provides.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Not really. I would argue that him just having the Matrix all along with no explanation is better than the explanation ROTF provides.
The first movie showed us the inside of his chest with no Matrix. And the Matrix's ability to restore life to Transformers kind of works against Optimus's intent on sacrificing himself with the AllSpark in the first movie.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
HFTD Battle Blades Prime kinda fixes the first part of that by storing the Matrix lower in his abdomen. It rises into his chest if you want to see it or take it out but that's not where it normally is.

As for the second part, it's best not to think about his whole self sacrificing plan too much.

Top Bottom