After the Velocitron 5000 - Next Walmart Line

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
This thread was inspired by a post by Diem on Twitter. So we know there's almost certainly a second Wave of Velocitron toys coming to Walmart.

But let's imagine for a second that Walmart wants another similar line afterward and Hasbro decides to theme it after one of the other Cybertron Colonies from fiction: Beast Planet, Giant Planet, Junk, Paradron or Planet X, etc...

Which would you pic? And what toys would you put in the line following Velocitron's template.?

I'd go with Beast Planet myself.

Leader: Scourge frm L. TM2 Dragon Megs

Voyager 1 (New Mold): BM Botanica

Voyager 2: Catilla frm L. BW Tigertron

Deluxe 1: RiD Steeljaw frm L. Elita 1 (new head obviously)

Deluxe 2: BM Skydive frm fossilizer Wingfinger

Deluxe 3: Pincher frm L. BW Scorponok

Deluxe 4 (New Mold): "Beet Papil" ladybug Deluxe Insecticon

-ZacWilliam, made some slight alteration from my twitter response after thinking some more. There are actually a TON more Beast Planet appropriate character I'd like new toys of...

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
I'd be into those new molds and the catilla, but this list is making me want to go find my Scourge
One of the few Cybertron toys I have and he's so beautiful

also walmart just got, and still have, a bunch of exclusive beasts so I don't know if they'd go for that

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Hmm, let me pick another planet.

"Scavengers of Junk"

Leader: Overcharge from Blitzwing

Voyager 1 (New Mold): Rum-Maj

Voyager 2: Daytrader from Legacy Bulkhead with new head, junk-trunk roof.

Deluxe 1: Glow in the Dark Freezon from Legacy Dead End

Deluxe 2: Junkion Nancy from Legacy Arcee

Deluxe 3: Glow in the Dark Natron from Legacy Wild Rider

Deluxe 4 (New Mold): Autobot X turning into some mismatched chopped together Mad Max looking junker car.

-ZacWilliam, hmm, this is fun but also making me wish too much that any of these could exist.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Overall, I've got to say I'm very impressed by the diversity of characters Legacy is pulling in and that Walmart's line is using.
I really have no idea where they're going to go from here and, honestly, that is super exciting to me. I'd like to see more Armada trio characters, specifically some of the Cybertron Defense squad. I'd also like to see a Sideways. Armada or Cybertron, both would be cool.
At the same time, I'd like to see Beast Machines get some love. How about a Tankor?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
They could go with Giant Planet as it has a construction theme, thou I see a new molds mostly, thou I could see a retool from Legacy Bulkhead into Quickmix and they could use the line as a excuse to do Minicons or Micromasters again, but with a construction theme and maybe a excuse for them to reissue the Titan class Devestator as he would fit in with the line, thou they could also put some Junkions repaints/retools in as the original plan for the planet in fiction was for it to collecting junk and recycling it to build, build, build!!

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I agree that it's time to throw in a little bit of Beast Machine love. Tankor would still be my first choice, even though he saw a release in Generations. I think that under the current conditions, something in at least a Voyager Class - but nothing smaller - should be the starting point. Beyond that, I'd like a better version of Megatron with his control harness. Also, I'm sure that they could throw in a Diagnostic Drone with one of those releases. And since we're dreaming, how about a Botanica, Stryka, and/or Obsidian?

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I’m not going to count on new tooling. I still don’t grasp how Hasbro was able to finagle TWO, completely new, molds into an exclusive line like this. I’m also not sure the “planet theming” is a sure thing. At the very least, I think it limits options.

I’ve got two ideas rattling around:
1. Escape the Alchemor! - Decepticons are trying to escape the prison ship, Alchemor! It’s up to Strongarm and her security cadets to capture the prisoners before they manage to escape.
Deluxe-
Strongarm (Retooled Crankcase)
Rabble Rousers- Repaints of a pair of Micromaster Sets. Probably the two military sets, though, if feeling excited, I could see Topshot getting remolded in a passable Fixit…
Treadshock (Gobot Treads homage, repaint Warpath)
Sandstorm (Rotorstorm repaint)
Loudpedal (Tracks repaint and retooled head)
(I wanted to do a Steeljaw, but I couldn’t find an appropriate mold that wasn’t already being used)

Voyager-
Checkpoint (Retooled Bulkhead, new head and replace wrecking ball with a gun weapon of some sort)
Sunstorm (ER Starscream recolor)

Leader-
Cyberwarp (Astrotrain retool)

2. Vok Invasion! - The inter-dimensional being called the Vok are invading! The mysterious Primal Prime must assemble a crack team to drive them back to their home dimension, hopefully before the Vok get some extra help…

Deluxe-
Cheetor (original mold FoxKids deco)
Tarrantulus (Legacy repaint as TM Fox Kids colors)
Air razor (Toy head redeco)
Storm Rider
Twinferno( TR Doublecross into the deco the RiD toy/character)

Voyager-
Dinobot (Fox Kids deco)
The Vok (Retooled Quintesson Judge)

Leader-
Primal Prime

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Maybe expand the roster of Cybertron colonies:

"Legacy of Gobotron"

Deluxe:
*Coptur from Siege Spinister, remolded head
*Speedbot from Kingdom Sideswipe, remolded head
*Mototron redeco from Speedbot above
*Buzzerbot redeco of Kingdom Waspinator
*Treads redeco from Kingdom Warpath
*Steamer (one can dream new-mold steamroller)
*Edit: Alternately, Pathfinder redecoed from Velocitron Cosmos (kinda can't believe I forgot the obvious one!)

Voyager:
*Cy-Kill remold from SS Wreck-Gar
*Hauler-bot from Legacy Bulkhead, remolded head, with Pteraxodon Battlemaster redeco

Leader:
*UltraZod and Renegade Scales Deluxe 2-pack redecos of Earthrise Allicon
*Alternately, Quickshadow vs Nightracer from Legacy Knockout, remolded heads

The Renegades would pair nicely with Velocitron Crasher, and the Go-Go-GoBots might be a good way to test the waters for some Generations Rescue Bots.

What do you think, sirs?

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Tried to come up with something the same "size" as Velocitron, but informed a bit by versus pairings. Not 2-packs, just rivalries referenced on packaging.

Don't have it in me to wrangle a theme at the moment, though. Idk, maybe the rivalries are it. Nova Prime has established a Cauldron-like fight pit near a wormhole and is enslaving new arrivals in gladiatorial combat? For the evulz?

Deluxes:
Aileron (Cosmos retool/new mold) vs. RID2015 Overload (Siege Impactor retool)
Energon Checkpoint (Siege/ER Ratchet) vs. Cyberverse Shadow Striker (Siege Prowl)

Voyagers:
Crumplezone (Siege Apeface) vs. Rapticon (Kingdom Dinobot)

Leader:
Nova Prime (Siege Galaxy OP)

Second wave:
Deluxes:
Skydive (Kingdom Wingfinger) vs. Mudfighter (Kingdom Waspinator)
Vok Tigatron (WFC Ravage) vs. Charger (Siege Sixgun)

Voyagers:
Ultra Magnus (white ER Op, Minimus Ambus alt head) vs. Sunstorm (ER Starscream, with conehead alt head for a slight Universe nod)

Leader:
Spacewarp (Siege Astrotrain, possibly with a Micromaster pair instead of the box of guns, idk)

Last edited:

Alexcoene

Citizen
Maybe expand the roster of Cybertron colonies:

"Legacy of Gobotron"

Deluxe:
*Coptur from Siege Spinister, remolded head
*Speedbot from Kingdom Sideswipe, remolded head
*Mototron redeco from Speedbot above
*Buzzerbot redeco of Kingdom Waspinator
*Treads redeco from Kingdom Warpath
*Steamer (one can dream new-mold steamroller)
*Edit: Alternately, Pathfinder redecoed from Velocitron Cosmos (kinda can't believe I forgot the obvious one!)

Voyager:
*Cy-Kill remold from SS Wreck-Gar
*Hauler-bot from Legacy Bulkhead, remolded head, with Pteraxodon Battlemaster redeco

Leader:
*UltraZod and Renegade Scales Deluxe 2-pack redecos of Earthrise Allicon
*Alternately, Quickshadow vs Nightracer from Legacy Knockout, remolded heads

The Renegades would pair nicely with Velocitron Crasher, and the Go-Go-GoBots might be a good way to test the waters for some Generations Rescue Bots.

What do you think, sirs?
Describing it as 'testing the waters' seems weird when the Rescue Bots are way more popular than the Playskool GoBots. But I love the ideas regardless, tough I feel like Leader-1 ought to be there too, maybe a Seeker retool.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Describing it as 'testing the waters' seems weird when the Rescue Bots are way more popular than the Playskool GoBots. But I love the ideas regardless, tough I feel like Leader-1 ought to be there too, maybe a Seeker retool.
In terms of popularity, yes, "testing the waters" may have been the wrong phrase. I was mostly referring to the age of the series and any nostalgia that might come into play.

I kinda hated to leave Leader-1 off the list, but I wasn't super-thrilled about a simple Seeker redeco. The robot mode silhouette would just be wrong.

Glitch

Citizen
Heralds of Unicron
Megatronus - retool of Laser Prime, uses Earthrise Prime trailer and has Giza Sword and Titanmaster Sawback's drone as a shield
Dinomus - retool of Kingdoms Dinobot, could double as Thrustor
Vespboss - retool of Kingdoms Waspinator, could double as Dirgegun
Darkarachnia - redeco of Blackarachnia, has a staff weapon.
Diablo Magnus - redeco of Shattered Glass Ultra Magnus, contains Nemesis Prime
universe ramjet - redeco of Armada Starscream
Galvatronus - a black Galvatron, upgraded from straxus Megatron. loses the Nemesis guns and matrix, instead has Dark Saber (Air Stirke patrol rpaints)
Elite Cyclonus - based on the gold one's seen in Unicrons body in Transformers Energon issues 22 and 26.
Black Scourge - based on the empurated versions from the recent script,

The problem there is three leaders and four voyagers.

Last edited:

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I didn't think the velocitron stuff would make it quebec, as we generally do not get store exclusive stuff out here. Consequently, I didn't bother doing any research into it.

Anyway, blurr looked cool enough out of three characters there that I bought him.

Top Bottom