Activision-Blizzard Thread: Just announced the Layoffs of 1900 jobs.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I suspect the Spyro Trilogy is what turned my sense of humor so dorky. I sank so many hours into it. It messed with my head.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The trouble is, even if they sell it, the short-term result is more money for the bastards responsible for this mess. I'd sooner let it all burn.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Pick a smaller cast, maybe one per element. Other characters could be unlockable in game or through DLC.

MadameVixen

Cat outta Hell
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah! Spyro would be in excellent hands, and no doubt be afforded the same kind of care as Kid Icarus, Star Fox, and F-Zero!
Psst Star fox got lot more love than the other two. That game crossed over with starlink; battle for atlas with a campaign dlc

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Psst Star fox got lot more love than the other two. That game crossed over with starlink; battle for atlas with a campaign dlc
More than just a campaign DLC, the base game has Starfox story if you have the Switch version. The game itself is basically a Starfox game too - it's fairly obvious that's what it was trying to be, and they either weren't sure they'd be able to get Fox himself or the devs had to make a version with the Starfox stuff removed so they could sell it on other platforms and move more units(since it was TTL originally).

In a way I'm kind of disappointed the TTL part of it died so hard, since it would have been nice to get the other pilots as actual figures, and to get official stands for all the ships. They look good enough for display even without the game part, but the only stands you can really get are 3D printed ones.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well aware of Starlink, I got to visit the devs before it launched. (And given how things have gone in that company since, don't ask me how I feel about it now.)

That said, I feel like that's more of a credit to Ubisoft than to Nintendo.

Now, if you want to make the proposal of Spyro going to Ubisoft... well, I feel like we'd just be right back where we started.

In a way I'm kind of disappointed the TTL part of it died so hard, since it would have been nice to get the other pilots as actual figures, and to get official stands for all the ships. They look good enough for display even without the game part, but the only stands you can really get are 3D printed ones.
I'd love a Falco figure for it.

That said, I just use the controller grip to display mine.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
So Blizzard's newest empty gesture: censoring old content.

Because clearly these are huge concerns.

Ironbite4

Citizen
Welp one down, 2 to go. And honestly, anyone who thought that this one was gonna go any other way is a fool.

EOC's basically a joke. A literal sop thrown to the masses to make it seem like something was going on. This "fine" that they've been hit with? Less then a percentage of their total earnings.

Ironbite-I'm more interested to see where the California and SEC things go.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I feel like if you're literally the government, allowing your defendant to settle out of court shouldn't even be allowed. They should have to make their pathetic excuses before a real judge, as quickly as possible, and get taken for all they're worth.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Settling out of court definitely makes it easier for these companies to get away with minor penances, but it does allow the victims to get some recompense.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's not exactly just a fine.

The Diablo and Call of Duty maker, which denied any wrongdoing, will create an $18 million restitution fund for affected employees as part of the agreement.

It's small change for Activision, but not for the victims. Also:

and it will be subject to future audits from the EEOC.

So hopefully the EEOC will keep them under a microscope.

Ironbite4

Citizen
So since Blizzard settled with the EEOC, they went to California and went "so now that we've settled one lawsuit we're just gonna go ahead and destroy the evidence we're sexual predators and all the other evidence you've been looking for and that's cool right?" and California had a collective aneurysm over that request.

Ironbite-I really think this is worst then we thought.

Top Bottom