A Very Cappy Christmas

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
How is everyone holding up in the big freeze?

I thought we were going to sit this one out, but it's 47 degrees and I have had no electricity for several hours, and the power company says it'll be over another hour at least.

I like doing these blogs in Allsparkle. Pip inspires me, I guess. I'll have to draw Night Cap taking selfies at some point. But I can't right now, because I'm sitting here in the dark.

I filed a ticket at 4:29 PM. I want to remember this.

Maybe I should get some kind of notepad type app for my phone. I'm kinda surprised it doesn't just have one. They go through the trouble of bundling so much bloatware but don't include basic things like that.

Last edited:

Cybersnark

Citizen
I was lucky enough to be on the last train to escape Toronto on Thursday before the storm hit

At my mom's house now, and we had a few power flickers, but it looks like the worst is behind us.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
dfl4fjp-31c15bc7-6bc6-4628-8479-3b21103bdc18.png

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The lights flickered a couple of times over the last fews days, but otherwise we were all fine.

Even had everyone in for a big dinner last night, turkey with all the sides and a massive boston creme cake for dessert.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Didn't have work Friday so I stayed inside. The cold was terrifying but since we didn't lose power we were fine.

Dvandom

Citizen
I ended up staying in (except to feed the strays) on Thursday, which was our worst day. And...I just realized I never turned off one of the faucets from dripping, be right back. Okay, sorted. (My house has a guest bathroom I almost never even go into, but I'd set it to drip since it was also the farthest from the water main.) Anyway, I did go out Friday to pick up some prescriptions and refill my gas tank, it was unpleasant but not so bad with the wind having died down.

---Dave

Top Bottom