Random Thoughts From Out of Nowhere

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
I wonder if I made the first American erotic cartoon series could I actually get a famous woman animation director to production it? Some famous voice actors like Tara Strong. Wonder if I could get minority women writers to write some of the characters? What animation studio would produce something like that? Powerhouse studios maybe? If I actually had some serious money to throw behind it, like $100 million to make three seasons with 20 episodes each, each episode being like 30 to 60 minutes long.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
If you had enough money, sure. Define "erotic", though. A series like that may have been done already.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
If you had enough money, sure. Define "erotic", though. A series like that may have been done already.
Sexually explicit content. Like American style hentai. But done so in a way that is portrayed positively. With an actual decent storyline and character growth. To make it more humanized then objectified. I want it to be art.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
American mass media is incapable of handling explicit sexual content. Certain parties are too easily offended.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
American mass media is incapable of handling explicit sexual content. Certain parties are too easily offended.
Then my art will hit super meta levels of self awareness as the main protagonist will be a young woman that wants to start a sexual revolution to encourage people to openly express their sexuality in a safe and positive environment. While the antagonist will be a group of people trying to suppress explicit sexual content. The story will literally write itself after the first season.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
True. Scenes w/ topless women used to be more common. Kids shows these days have more gender identity/expression than many adult shows...

Castlevania had that one ep with the sex scenes, though they both ended up being tricks. And the one couple with the healthiest relationship is never shown having sex. XD

But yeah, maybe a network like HBO would be willing to hear the pitch, but they'd probably just turn it into a thinly veiled excuse to have hot young people hugging.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
If you want to go back a ways, there was Ralph Bakshi's stuff -- see Fritz the Cat and Wizards(though the latter didn't have any outright sex or anything - not sure about Fritz)

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Bakshi is also pretty batshit insane. Even when he's not getting screwed by the studio like Cool World.

Copper Bezel

Revenge against God for the crime of Being.
Citizen
France has Peepoodo and the Super [Hug] Friends, which is as sexually explicit as a thing can be and also sex- and body-positive, but while that's not hentai, it's also not American.

Andross Darkheart

God Emperor of Hell
Citizen
France has Peepoodo and the Super [Hug] Friends, which is as sexually explicit as a thing can be and also sex- and body-positive, but while that's not hentai, it's also not American.
I'm a fan of that show. I like how in season two they avoided censorship of streaming services by crowd funding and did a whole episode about how their supporters saved them from the prison satellite. The plant episode was probably my favorite one so far.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I know Amazon is dogshit but I kind of /had/ to use them today (need a new cable for my external hard drive + a case for my phone + a little something special for me) but you can pay for Amazon with cash now???

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
Cash? With Amazon? Like, not with credit or gift card, but with actual cash?

How? This is the first of heard of it. :confused:

Top Bottom