A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.... - Star Wars General Discussion

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Disney's grand Starscruiser experience is closing by September. No reason given, but I'm inclined to cite logistical difficulties and issues with the pricing. I wonder what Disney will do with the facility. They put a LOT of money into that to just abandon it. I could see them turning it into some sort of "space expansion" for Galaxy's Edge if they can nail the transport issue. Maybe some sort extended day trip thing?

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm sure they'll find a use for it, but then from what I gathered, the whole execution of it was extremely poor, on top of the silly price tag, much like Galaxy's edge, not well thought through, Disney has this mind set of, sticking labels on things and people will lap it up, but that doesn't work in the long term, what made Star Wars popular, wasn't just the idea of a war in space but the characters and the character department is where they have been failing badly of late, in Marvel, they were using Antman 3 to setup their next big bad villian for Phase 5 & 6, yet, they negelected their hero character, all of the shills talk was about Kang, Kang, Kang, Kang, they barely talked about the movie its self, which is apart of the reason it bombed and that is also after a lot of subpar content prior! So with this former Hotel, I expect it to likely get converted into something else or made into a more or less standard hotel or something, unless it becomes a day trip thing based upon Star Wars, but then Disney doesn't even know what the heck they are doing these days outside of moving money from their right pocket to the left pocket and back again, to look like they are making money on their films and TV shows, when they aren't!

AgentOrange

Citizen
IMG_20230518_173804.jpg

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
It's a videogame, but there isn't a thread for it there, and I don't want to make one just to say this: But in Jedi Survivor, they finally FINALLY fixed the Bounty Hunter bug! I can ACTUALLY DO BOUNTIES!

And if you have no idea what I'm talking about. Since game launch there's been a bug where A: You can start the Bounty Hunter Side quest and it'll randomly stop giving you new bounties to hunt during it.

Or B the issue I had: You can just never start them period. I couldn't even unlock the menu. Finally fixed letting me play this large chunk of the game. Finally!

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finally. I’ve been holding off on buying Jedi Survivor because of the different bugs and issues it’s suffered since launch, even though the game itself and the story look awesome. Looks like I can finally pull the trigger.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
I'm not sure the performance issues are all gone. I've heard people talk about the framerate switching between 30 and 60, but I can't confirm. I honestly don't notice anything.

I've tried watching youtube videos where one half is 30 and one is 60 and I can't see what's different. Only that one side seems to be slightly behind the other, but I'm not able to catch how.

In any case I suggest looking to others just to make sure.

wentwood

Citizen
This will be the first time to see all 9 episodes of Star Wars together starting with Episode I The Phantom Menace.

I saw all 9 but not together.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Far as I can tell the "Canceled" rumors are Disney haters/bigots trying to will their dreams into reality.

-ZacWilliam, far as I can tell at least, no credible source...

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Its hard to say that its canceled or not, but its likely to be another disaster for Disney when it comes out, Disney had a prefect storm of problems that stacked up over the last few years and finally come home to roost and they have lost about a billion dollars at the box office in the last year or so and they are in full panic mode, because next year, they got to buy the remaining third of Hulu from Comcast and its not cheep, from what I understand, the parks are down, movies are failing, they aren't getting as much money as they use to, thus the mass firings and two high profile people have exited the company, the CFO (chief money officer) and the person who created their reimagine tomorow program which been responsible for a lot of the bad choices they been making of late, when their role is pretty much a fake job! Anyway, with Star Wars, there is leaks of the plot for the Rey movie and its more the same stupidy, thou Disney denys it, the fact they are trying to cover up the leak, points to some truth to the rumours as Disney is clearly a house, that has no clue what the heck they are even doing aside from trying to look profitable by saying "Look, I got a tenner in my left pocket, I'll put it in my right pocket and I got twenty!" When really they still got just a tenner!

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Disney's biggest issues are that they are over-relying on Marvel(seriously over 30 MCU movies since 2007, audiences are getting tired of trying to keep up with the MCU) and they seem to have forgotten how to run a proper marketing campain for their non-Marvel projects. Their biggest two missteps, as far as Star Wars goes, is lack of a unified vision, especially as far as the movies go, and trying to oversaturate the market with Star Wars like they did with Marvel. Franchises, even long running ones, need some room to breath.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Disney's biggest issues are that they are over-relying on Marvel(seriously over 30 MCU movies since 2007, audiences are getting tired of trying to keep up with the MCU) and they seem to have forgotten how to run a proper marketing campain for their non-Marvel projects. Their biggest two missteps, as far as Star Wars goes, is lack of a unified vision, especially as far as the movies go, and trying to oversaturate the market with Star Wars like they did with Marvel. Franchises, even long running ones, need some room to breath.

One of their general problems during the Iger era, is that there has been very little in the way of creative talent coming into the company and that is before they went on a spending spree, the reason they bought Pixar was to revive their flagging animation department in the form of John Lasseter, but he got outsed because he was a hugger and when he left, he got picked up by Apple and Skydance, they are planning a mainstream animated movie for cinemas that I am aware of! With Marvel & Star Wars, the original intent was to corner the boys toy market, but then the original owner of Marvel at the time of buying, effectively got sidelined because he was pretty much asking the questions nobody wanted to ask, mainly in regards to money, like "So your film made a billion dollars at the box office, but what is the real pay out, how much did we actually earn after production costs, marketing, the cinemas take?" so with Marvel, until End Game, there was a general sense of direction and plan, but afterwards, everything began to fall apart, the actors playing the Avengers were moving on and finding out that, their reps, mean very little outside of the Marvel films!

With Lucasfilm, everything pretty much began snowballing right out of the gate and Iger listened to Kennedy when it came to the park side of things, when he should of listened to the imagineers who know the parks better than so woman who is a glorfied assistant and only got her place, on the backs of great men! So with Disney, all they really have done, is relied to heavily on Marvel being a sucesss along with Pixar, but chasing off creative talent and hiring inexperienced writers, directors, hasn't helped them, of course, not many talented people want to work for Lucasfilm any more, last I checked, they had about sixteen projects that they planned to do or had people attached to and pretty much all of them have fallen through with the most obvious excuse of "Creative differences!" or "Not finding the right time!" which points to the CEO of the company being the real problem, the outlook for Indi 5 isn't good and it could well be that Disney doesn't have a single sucess this year and maybe for the next few years until they go back to making good content that people actually like but by then, it might be to late and the company could be in a state where it simply collapses due to mismanagement!

Darth_Prime

Citizen
I don’t care which team the actors play on or what they identify as or what they want to be called. I just want a good finished product. I miss the days when we could just get a show without making a big deal about who was put it based on that.

wentwood

Citizen
Max has dropped a ton of DCEU stuff for new projects.

Also Paramount may be doing the same.

It would seem to me in both cases they want to wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

As for Marvel and Star Wars maybe finishing up final loose ends and maybe starting fresh to save money.

Dake

Citizen
Hasbro is dropping hints about the next Haslab - all signs point to the Ghost (hopefully TVC)!

356220660_647841830714812_7889881109178249607_n.jpg

The Aurabesh translation:

Ship Diagnostics Complete.
Laser Cannon Turrets, Ready
Forward Cannons, Ready
Rear Cannons, Ready

Top Bottom