2022 Game of the Year

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
No, I'm not going to do a poll and announce the winner, mainly because these boards don't have polling options. Still, always fun to discuss. So what games would you put forward.

It's kinda hard for me because...well...

Most of the games I've been played this year are collections/upgrades or remasters, and I just don't count them. TMNT Cowabunga Collection, Portal collection, Life is Strange remasters, Last of Us Part 1

I personally liked Saints Row but feel like I'm in such a minority that I wouldn't even think about putting it forward. Plus I'm kinda salty that it's buggy nature has me locked out of that final trophy between me and the platinum.

Technically, Horizon Forbidden West is a beautiful game and every bit as much of a marvel as the first one. But I personally just couldn't get into it.

So for me, the only ones I can put forward are TMNT Shredder's Revenge and Legends Arceus.

Edit:
Oh, and Stray! How could I have forgotten Stray?

Last edited:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I'm not exactly up on new releases but this year I've really enjoyed Spider-Man Miles Morales, Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, God of War on PS4, Hades and Tunic.

-ZacWilliam, my 8 year old daughter absolutely adores Unpacked.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Shredder's Revenge, Cultic, and Tunic are all pretty solid. Probably Shovel Knight Dig, too, I just haven't really gotten deep into it yet. Special mention for Powerslave Exhumed in regards to remasters.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I really enjoyed Destiny 2's Witch Queen expansion and the Destroy All Humans remakes, but beyond that I haven't really played anything.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
"Most of the games I've been played this year are collections/upgrades or remasters

About the same for me one of the few new games I played this year is def not a game of the year contender and thats Bayo 3

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
I really enjoyed Elden Ring. I did three playthroughs (though one was a speedrun on New Game+ for a trophy, technically) so they must have done something right.

Stray was another game I loved, being a sucker for cats and robots.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The only new game I've actually played this year is "darktide" and while it was fun, the core game loop and mechanics are obviously geared towards microtransactions with the story being tied to character level, so there's no grand story to discover as you play. You do each mission once and you've basically done the entire game. The only thing left is grinding like hell to get weapons and trinkets to do the exact same missions on harder difficulty.

Okay, well, grounded 1.0 dropped in 2022, so... grounded for GOTY?

Top Bottom