2019 Ongoing IDW Comics Thread

LiamA

Citizen
I do like how they made Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge separate characters instead of how they were originally created.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Started reading idw2, finished the first volume yesterday, despite not being done with idw1
My bias is well known, but I'm still going to say that the ending to IDW1 is MUCH more interesting than ANYTHING in IDW2. Personally, I would get on finishing IDW1 ASAP.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This reminds me, I really need to look into some prices/sales on post-IDW1 after I get paid.

I really wish they had a period they were still allowed to sell the books they already made, but just can't make any new ones.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Javelin was in the most recent issue I read which got me thinking about the rest of Thunderclash's crew and Roadmaster in particular.
What an absolute unit, so dreamy 😍

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Sorry for double posting, but just wanted to say I owe Anna Malkova my life!
20220815_131717.jpg

In the middle of volume 4, and the overall story still hasn't wowed me, but the women... the women have been amazing

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
IDW2 Pyra Magna was a improvement over IDW1's version, I'll admit that. She doesn't get a LOT to do, but her character was more interesting.

And there definitely was a effort to include more female Transformers basically right from the start.

Nevermore

Citizen
This might be overkill, since I've talked about this book before, but one last time can't hurt.

The Best of Rarities one-shot came out today. Mostly reprints of old G1 UK Marvel stuff, and some stuff that was planned for the UK Volume 6 trade collection that will never happen from IDW, now. And probably most notably a few never-before-seen newspaper style strips that never saw print anywhere else. You can see a list of the contents below:

It's a nice little package. And it's probably the reprint book that is most worth picking up. If you're not familiar with G1 Marvel UK...You're going to be confused, just because of the Straxus-Megatron stuff, but it's a fun nostalgia trip if you ARE familiar with these stories. And some of these stories are legitimately hard to find, even just scans online.

It might be for hardcore fans only, especially at the price, but it's a solid special.
I just purchased a digital copy Best of the Rarities from Amazon, and discovered that the Milton Bradley mini-comic is not, in fact, an entirely new translation, but rather directly based on the fan translation from 2013 that was posted on the old, pre-haXX0red Allspark (a mirrored copy is still available at TFW2005). The only part that is indeed given a new translation is the introductory paragraph. The comic is relettered from scratch, but with the exception of one newly added error (a misspelled "lifefroms"), the translation is mostly left untouched. The original Dutch (or Spanish) version has been referenced, though, and any deviations from the original(s) present in the fan translation are changed to a more accurate rendition. Well, except for the hyphen between the two parts of Roadbuster's name that is present in both the Dutch and German versions of the original mini-comic. (The German version was previously printed in IDW's "Classics UK vol. 5", while Ben Yee of BWTF uploaded high resolution scans of the Dutch version to his website earlier this year.) Additionally, both the fan translation and the new IDW translation of the introductory paragraph also explicitly spell "Road Buster" as two words, even though both the Dutch and German versions spell it as one word.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So, if I wanted to find all the trades of the stuff that came out after the old continuity ended on ComiXology, are there any good search terms? I keep getting singles and other odds and ends thrown my way.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Are you talking about the new continuity? It's all collected in a six-volume hardcover set.

Volume 1: The World In Your Eyes
Volume 2: The Change In Their Nature
Volume 3: All Fall Down
Volume 4: Declaration of War
Volume 5: Horrors Near and Far
Volume 6: War's End

If you talking about stuff outside of that continuity, there's

Beast Wars volume 1-3
Shattered Glass
King Grimlock
Transformers '84: Secrets and Lies
Transformers/Back To The Future
My Little Pony/Transformers: Friendship in Disguise
My Little Pony/Transformers: The Magic of Cybertron
Transformers vs. The Terminator
Star Trek vs. Transformers

And I think everything else was during the pre-unicron era.

Top Bottom