Transformers Legacy toyline

Shadhausen

Citizen
Buzzworthy RotB Airazor is a paint job and new head away from BM Silverbolt, so I'm guessing some BM toys are planned for down the line.

Post-BayTransformersFan

Citizen
Machine Wars was a wave or two of the relatively less popular late G1 molds with random colors and legacy names slapped onto them. Add on to this, it was only sold exclusive to one retailer and with no official release in other regions. I doubt they'd go out of their way to make the Machine Wars specifically but they'd probably not miss out on making Selects redecos for the recent Skyquake for example or a hypothetical Thunderclash.

Also, IIRC, didn't the Machine Wars Botcon set do particularly badly? Probably not the best metric but if even the nichest collection of superfans didn't like it very much, I'd expect Hasbro to take notes.
The set was a bit of a flop. But it featured a MW Hoist that barely resemble the original, two random BM Vehicons, and an inaccurately colored MW Skyarp. Not to mention getting ANOTHER Mirage instead of a MW Prowl. Plus the missed opportunity to use Cybertron Defense Red Alert as MW Soundwave. And nothing is too niche after the Powerdashers

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They made every possible wrong decision with the set every step of the way. Then when they got called out on their decisions they played the "Uh, I meant to do that" card. They declared it was never supposed to be a Machine Wars set and we just didn't understand their great creative vision. Then when the set failed they blamed us for not liking Machine Wars enough. Not their great creative vision. They did that part right of course. It was Machine Wars' fault. Even though they said it wasn't Machine Wars and we never should have thought it was.

Post-BayTransformersFan

Citizen
They made every possible wrong decision with the set every step of the way. Then when they got called out on their decisions they played the "Uh, I meant to do that" card. They declared it was never supposed to be a Machine Wars set and we just didn't understand their great creative vision. Then when the set failed they blamed us for not liking Machine Wars enough. Not their great creative vision. They did that part right of course. It was Machine Wars' fault. Even though they said it wasn't Machine Wars and we never should have thought it was.
I'm not denying their vision. But there's no way it wasn't MEANT to be MW. Every deco (except the random Vehicons) were, for the most part, direct translations of the original colors. But BotCon learned and rebounded with what I think was their best theme of the 2010's: Pirates vs Knights

Echowarrior

Citizen
I'll be honest, I'm buying the regular Insecticons, but I don't really care that much about like my third modern set of them. What I care about is the Deluxe Insections. Give me a decent Chop Shop, Barrage and Venom and then I'll be happy.

-ZacWilliam, insert requisite request for a Beet Papil homage here...

Same. I'm satisfied with the Insecticons we got during the Prime Wars trilogy, but I eagerly anticipate more of the Deluxe Insecticons. And odds are fair that we'll get at least one more before too long.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
We're getting "G2 Universe" Orange Jazz at some point. There was a comment a while ago about the possibility of a yellow and blue Sideswipe in the same series. (Sorry, that's a clumsy link - I don't know how to directly link to that shot in the main Sideswipe page.)

We've seen the crazy watermelon Mirage - any verification of Sideswipe?

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I'll be very surprised if we don't get at least a Selects MW Starscream from Skyquake. Its the easiest redeco in the world.
While everyone wants MW Starscream because it makes the most sense, I have to wonder if Hasbro will copy Botcon and release a MW Megatron repaint from Skyquake.... Just cause it's Megatron, I guess.

Or maybe they'd do both at some point.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
While everyone wants MW Starscream because it makes the most sense, I have to wonder if Hasbro will copy Botcon and release a MW Megatron repaint from Skyquake.... Just cause it's Megatron, I guess.

Or maybe they'd do both at some point.
BotCon's was Megaplex, though.

Either way, I'll take King Atlas over all other Skyquake reuses, please and thank you.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Off topic but Robosen pays Hasbro for the permission to make stuff that looks like Transformers characters. This has no bearing on what Hasbro does.

Making second runs of Haslab stuff sounds like a great way to tank future campaigns.
It fascinates me how so many people don't seem to understand the relationship between licensor and licensee.

And I'm not even talking specifically about anyone here, or even this fandom. This just reminded me of that...

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Also, I'm making my way through Cyberverse, still in season one, and that Shadow Striker figure does a fine job of representing her before, well, if you know, you know.

I'm ashamed I slept on this show. If the next two seasons only get better I'm real excited.

It really does only get better!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The rumor was that Bombshell was going to be a Kickback retool. Someone got their hands on a copy and... I would have never guessed he was a retool.

Front paged!

RichardT519

Citizen
Chop Shop and Barrage are probable, since they'd be retools of Shrapnel and Bombshell respectively. I'm also hoping for them.

I don't know what they'd do with Venom though...

Shadewing

Citizen
I could see them maybe making Venon from Shrapnel, in one of those extensice retools they seem to do occasionally.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Ahh your right, appropriately enough I've always mixed up the two.
It sure doesn't help that their original toys had each other's box art.

Megatron, the blue jet, had the silver jet box art, while Megaplex, the silver jet, had the blue jet box art.

And then the cross-sell on the back of the Basic class toys' packaging showed Megatron as a purple-ish blue jet, and Megaplex as a very dark blue jet.

CGEMIzS.jpg

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I've had multiple copies of all of those molds over the years, yet never any of the actual Machine Wars versions.

Top Bottom