Transformers Legacy toyline

MrBlud

Citizen
How so? At least you know that Pulse carries Pulse exclusives and ships them out if you order them.

Walmart, Target, and Amazon are relative crap shoots (both on-line and in-store) these days…

Shadewing

Citizen
CoffeeHorse probably just doesn't want an Action Master-colored Thundercracker released in the SG line because it would be more expensive/harder to come by than if it were sold in another line.

Yeah, but SG also is willing to go the extra mile in their subline, so he'll likely look the best there, where as a regular might have have to cut something to fit the retail price point budget. Plus the last time we got a AM Thundercracker it was in SG, so that's likely be where he'll be next released.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
I'd think that the barrier to doing AMTC is the headaches paint budget and parts layout would cause compared to the potential returns. He has a ridiculous number of colors that probably don't translate well to the way toys are manufactured currently.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I have a compromise for that! Just give me a glow in the dark Starscream and call him a ghost, without all the clear-plastic issues. Almost no paint involved, and then his deco budget can go to his same-mold wavemate!

And while I'm dreaming, I'd like a pug puppy, I'll name him "Snort" so he will be one of the few dogs who can say his own name...

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Yeah, that vehicle mode is a whole lot of not good. But, yeah, it's pretty clear she's a pretool of Side Burn.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
OOF.

That vehicle mode is…oof
The whole thing is oof. It's Legacy Prime Bulkhead and Knock Out all over again.

This is a figure for no one. It tries to be everything it possibly can be all at once, ultimately being none of them.

It wants to be Cyberverse Shadow Striker, but completely fails to do so from the neck down.

It wants to be Universe Shadow Striker, but instead has RID'01 Side Burn's blue/red/silver colors for some reason.

It even wants to be ROTF Shadow Striker with those red windows, but nobody asked for that.

It's basically Dragon Ball Evolution made manifest as an action figure.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Even without accuracy into account, mold looks pretty bad. car mode is half of a pair of dress shoes, stick arms, barrel chest, no abdomen. Bleh. It’s partly due to being based off RID Sideburn who had funky proportions too but given how simple this looks, IDK why the proportions couldn’t be altered to be more balanced.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And, honestly, why is she blue? Like, that's straight up just Side Burn's deco covering the majority of the figure. She won't have to be redecoed into Side Burn, she already IS Side Burn!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Looks fine to me.

I don't care much about her but it looks like a combo of the two Shadow Strikers in a way that clearly invokes both. Car is a made-up mobile but seems a perfectly reasonable one. Looks worlds better than Legacy Hot Shots car mode imo.

I'm psyched that we're likely getting a Sideburn/Speedbreaker. While the car isn't quite as sleek as I'd like ideally for him just getting a him is awesome.

-ZacWilliam, really struggling to see why anyone has any issues with this.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
And, honestly, why is she blue? Like, that's straight up just Side Burn's deco covering the majority of the figure. She won't have to be redecoed into Side Burn, she already IS Side Burn!

She's not? I mean those pics look pretty purple to me.

-ZacWilliam, a blue-ish purple but solidly purple, not even in the same family as Side Burn to my eye.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
She looks pretty damn purple to me and I'm struggling to see a real major difference between her colors on this toy vs her Cyberverse toys/character model.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
What is this selects-ass toy doing in the mainline? This is just a Side-Burn toy with a Shadow Strike head and color scheme. It's incredibly disappointing. Just like Prime Bulkhead, you take the head and color scheme away and you'd have zero idea this was Shadow Striker. What the hell is even the point?

Just do Side-Burn and put this figure in selects as the inadequate "better than nothing" compromise that it is.

I'm pretty much hitching my future in the toy part of the fandom to whether or not Strongarm is as disappointing at this, now.

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
I think the mold is quirky. I like it. I don't hate the amalgamation of Shadow Striker designs, but considering the mold its using, Universe colors woulf have been cool.

I'd love to see it in actual Side Burn/Speedbreaker colors. I can't wait to see Prowl/Mach Alert and X-Brawn/Wildeider. I love those RID figures but they were always so fiddly, Side Burn in particular.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen

She's not? I mean those pics look pretty purple to me.

-ZacWilliam, a blue-ish purple but solidly purple, not even in the same family as Side Burn to my eye.

She looks pretty damn purple to me and I'm struggling to see a real major difference between her colors on this toy vs her Cyberverse toys/character model.

Finally, Legacy Alternators Shockblast.

Top Bottom