Food Thread - Post pictures of Food

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Depends on the state. Here in RI, only liquor stores can sell booze. Some other states do allow general stores to carry it. Not sure about 7-11 specifically, though.
I was thinking more along the lines of an official Coke can containing alcohol?

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
20230520_173301.jpg20230520_174252.jpg

Filled Wool Roll Bread, taken off of this Imgur post. Filling is 3.5 Tbsp brown sugar, 4 TBSP soft butter, 3.5 tsp cocoa powder, 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Sorta followed the poster's suggestion and did 4 pieces rolled and filled horizontally rather than vertically into spirals.
Decided to get bread flour for this one. It's very airy and the filling isn't too sweet. Didn't bother with a glaze.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Since Bed Bath and Beyond started going under, I was eyeing the KitchenAid stand mixers. Sadly I wasn't able to get one at a discount that seemed good enough, but I got a 4.5qt one at Target anyway. There's def cheaper ones around, but I like the possibilities with all the attachments. Would like to get at least one of the pasta rollers. I heard about the metal bowls having residue that got in food even after washing, so I scrubbed that sucker multiple times with baking soda paste. Tried out a basic bun recipe, and it didn't stain. However...

20230618_175730~2.jpg
I think my yeast might be dead, and/or I didn't mix the dough right. The mixer worked wonderfully, but the buns barely rose. What was supposed to be light and fluffy buns turned into dense bread that had the consistency of gnocci. I mean, it's still good, just not what I was aiming for. I think I'll need to look up videos so I know what the dough should look like in the bowl. XD

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My favorite pizza place closed a long time ago. After many sad years I have finally found a place that is not only a replacement but is actually even better. It is impossible to use too much garlic but they almost manage to do it. It's great.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My favorite pizza place closed a long time ago. After many sad years I have finally found a place that is not only a replacement but is actually even better. It is impossible to use too much garlic but they almost manage to do it. It's great.
I kinda get you. I liked going to Pizza Hut when I was a kid -- please, let me finish -- but it's been a long, long time since the experience has been what it once was.

I've found that Boston Pizza scratches a lot of those same itches for me. It's not a perfect replacement, but in some ways, it is better.

moses.chastain

Citizen
This is aguachile recipe sauce which is typically served as a ceviche-style dish. You can also add additional toppings like avocado slices or serve it with tostadas or tortilla chips for a delicious appetizer or main course. I want to warn you that Mexican aguachile sauce is spicy and has tangy flavors which isn't the best combination with fish.

aguachile.jpg

Last edited:

Top Bottom