Sunbow and Marvel Script/Storyboard Archive (TF sections)

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
I'll second that. It's cool to look back and see this part of the franchise history - thanks for all your work on this.
It's also cool to see the connection to Dune, and how there was a a case of "huh, the idea doesn't quite fit there, we'll tweak it and use it somewhere else . . . "
And - it took a minute to read the handwriting at the top. I could've sworn that it said "Not YOUR copy."

Greebtron

Citizen
It is mind blowing, both that these scripts survived this long in the first place, and that they're being collected and preserved.

When I get my life back I am going to take my time and read every page you have. This is wonderful.
Well, if time is a factor, there's always the storyboard galleries (linked further back in the thread). Can easily break down viewership into chunks with those.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I like to do things in distraction-free binges, especially when I'm learning something. This is the kind of site I could lose myself in for days at a time. I'll be looking at the non-Transformers stuff too. Some of this stuff might not get documented anywhere else, and that's wild to think about.

Greebtron

Citizen
With thanks to Sharon "Tut" LaBorde and tfwiki mod Monzo, the Sunbow Marvel Archive now plays host to 108 voice actor audition sheets from all four years of the G1 cartoon. With thorough notes from voice director Wally Burr, it is perhaps not an exaggeration to say that some of the characters present have more dialogue on a single sheet of paper than they do in the entire show

To view them all in gallery format, head to: The Sunbow Marvel Archive: Transformers Voice Actor Audition Sheets (1984-1987)

Roll Call

Abominus, Afterburner, Air Raid, Apeface, Arcana, Astrotrain, Beachcomber, Blast Off, Blot, Blitzwing, Bombshell, Bonecrusher, Brawl, Brainstorm, Breakdown, Broadside, Bruticus, Bumblebee, Caliburst, Cerebros, Chromedome, Cliffjumper, Computron, Cosmos, Crosshairs, Cutthroat, Dead End, Devastator, Dirge Divebomb, Drag Strip, Fireflight, Gort, Grapple, Gravedigger (Scrapper), Grax, Hardhead, Haywire, Headstrong, Highbrow, Hoist, Hook, Hound, Hun-Grr, Inferno, Ironhide, Jazz, Kickback, Krunk, Lightspeed, Megatron, Menasor, Metroplex, Mindwipe, Monzo, Motormaster, Nightstick, Nosecone, Onslaught, Omega Supreme, Optimus Prime, Perceptor, Pipes, Powerglide, Predaking, Prowl, Ramhorn, Ramjet, Rampage, Red Alert, Rewind, Rippersnapper, Rodimus Prime, Runamuck, Sandstorm, Scattershot, Scavenger, Scrapper, Seaspray, Shrapnel, Silverbolt, Sinnertwin, Skydive, Sky Lynx, Slingshot, Slugslinger, Smokescreen, Soundwave, Spoilsport, Starscream, Strafe, Superion, Sureshot, Swindle, Tailgate, Tantrum, Thrust, Tracks, Triggerhappy, Trypticon, Vorath, Vortex, Warpath, Wheeljack, Wideload, Wildrider, Wreck-Gar, Zarak

Attachments

• Transformers_Audition_Sheets_A-M_Page_01.jpg
    Transformers_Audition_Sheets_A-M_Page_01.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Transformers_Audition_Sheets_A-M_Page_51.jpg
    Transformers_Audition_Sheets_A-M_Page_51.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Transformers_Audition_Sheets_N-Z_Page_05.jpg
    Transformers_Audition_Sheets_N-Z_Page_05.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Transformers_Audition_Sheets_N-Z_Page_52.jpg
    Transformers_Audition_Sheets_N-Z_Page_52.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 110

Greebtron

Citizen
From a variety of sources, the Sunbow Marvel Archive now hosts character models, equipment models and background art from 22 episodes of the G1 cartoon. Many items or characters central to an episode often either having an early name or appearance that was later discarded. In some cases, these early appearances have been depicted in the available storyboards.

First are background layouts and equipment models from a continuous run of 19 Season 2 episodes:

• Autobot Spike
  • Changing Gears
  • City Of Steel
  • Attack Of The Autobots
  • Traitor
  • The Immobilizer
  • The Autobot Run
  • Atlantis, Arise!
  • Day Of The Machines
  • Enter The Nightbird
  • A Prime Problem
  • The Core
  • The Insecticon Syndrome
  • Dinobot Island Part 1 and 2
  • The Master Builders
  • Auto-Berserk
  • Microbots
  • Megatron's Master Plan, Part 1
To view all of these, head to: The Sunbow Marvel Archive: MP 700 The Transformers, Part 1 1984 - 1985 (Sunbow Productions/Marvel Productions)

For season 3, the Archive now has 29 models and backgrounds for Chaos, 15 backgrounds for Webworld and a key panoramic background for The Return Of Optimus Prime, Part 1

To view these, head to: The Sunbow Marvel Archive: MP 700 The Transformers, Part 2 1986 - 1987 (Sunbow Productions/Marvel Productions)

700-19 BG 1.jpg700-22 BG 1.jpg700-23 BG 3.jpg700-115-SiliconValleyLab.jpgChaos model 8.jpgChaos model 12.jpgPages from 700-101 Webworld BG-2.pdf_Page_1.jpgPages from 700-101 Webworld BG-2.pdf_Page_2.jpgPages from 700-101 Webworld BG-2.pdf_Page_3.jpgPages from 700-101 Webworld BG-2.pdf_Page_4.jpg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm continually astonished that this stuff exists after all this time, let alone that it's being collected and preserved online.

Greebtron

Citizen
As enough time has probably passed, I've put up the storyboard samples from the late Wendell Washer, off his now-deleted website, that I saved a couple years ago.

Specifically from MTMTE, Part 2 (Also GI Joe and MLP boards in the other thread)

4024 (1)_Page_1.jpg4024 (1)_Page_2.jpg4024 (1)_Page_3.jpg4024 (1)_Page_4.jpg4024 (1)_Page_5.jpg

Greebtron

Citizen
With thanks to Ryan King, the Sunbow Marvel Archive now hosts it's eighth full episode storyboard set from the G1 cartoon: Aerial Assault.

With this set in place, the Archive now hosts the full story on all 12 episodes written by Doug Booth, whether via script or storyboard.

With plenty of deleted scenes covering Skydive and Slingshot's journey across the desert, early Combaticon designs (and some plain made-up designs), along with some gorgeous Keith Tucker art, the storyboards can be found in gallery form at: The Sunbow Marvel Archive: The Transformers MP 700-57 Aerial Assault full storyboard

Or in PDF format at the main Season 1 and 2 page: The Sunbow Marvel Archive: MP 700 The Transformers, Part 1 1984 - 1985 (Sunbow Productions/Marvel Productions)

356069334_637284515101652_77550550050664035_n.jpg356197064_637284568434980_1853192567054696810_n.jpg356113588_637284535101650_4793283125866098859_n.jpg355914507_637284588434978_4979077335287385521_n.jpg

Greebtron

Citizen
The Sunbow Marvel Archive now hosts a sizeable chunk of Transformers paperwork that once belonged to G1 voice director Wally Burr. Some revised items are awaiting full scans, but in the meantime there is:

Full scripts and call sheets for Five Faces Of Darkness, Parts 2-5 and The Killing Jar.
Handwritten dialogue for John Moschitta Jr's ADR session on FFOD Part 3, covering Blurr, Wheelie and a Quintesson Judge
A second set of TF audition sheets
Non-TF audition sheets for roles won by the following Transformers alumni (in chronological show order): Michael Bell, Corey Burton, Susan Blu, Peter Cullen, Gary Chalk, Scott McNeil and Tara Strong
Additionally, major items that formed part of Wally's collection and have resided at the Archive for some time are also gathered together. Such as the major influx of audition sheets at the beginning of this year and the full Transformers The Movie storyboards.

To view them all, head to: https://sunbowmarvelarchive.blogspot.com/2023/07/the-wally-burr-collection.html

336172415_6054955674592900_4315237481808075311_n.jpg

336576701_1405801056838846_7102492769365912552_n.jpg

Pages%20from%2091%20The%20Killing%20Jar%20full%20script%20(2nd%20revision).pdf.jpg

Transformers%2Bthe%2Bmovie_Storyboards_Sequence%2B009_0001.jpg

Greebtron

Citizen
This was all the relevant stuff that was bought by an ebay store from the family's estate sale. There was quite a bit of Hanna-Barbera audition sheets from the mid-80s to the early 90s, quite a lot of mainstream brand commercial work.

I'm beginning to get the picture that the mammoth amount of material Wally brought to conventions in the 2000s is long gone and this is what's left.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm grateful to have any of it. No one knew we'd still care all these decades later.

Top Bottom