Ghostbusters General

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
While true, it would be nice if they'd give us greedy little collectors something to hold us over until the next movie: comics, toys...something. Like seriously, it felt like no sooner did the Afterlife Bluray make its way onto store shelves than the toy were taken off.
There were comics...

Once.

Okay, so actually twice. Still.

Some of them were pretty damn good, too.

MrBlud

Citizen
What a shite article

Guess how many times Ernie Hudson is mentioned in this article about the surviving cast of Ghostbusters signing on for an “Afterlife” sequel.

Go on, guess…

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Come on.... Hudson is probably the OG cast member MOST invested in the franchise(Even Aykroyd, who came up with the thing, probably doesn't have the same level of passion for the franchise as Hudson these days). They've been leaving him out of promotional pieces for the films for nearly 40 years and it's a royal shame.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Yup leaving Hudson out of that piece is demeaning as heck. He deserves so much more credit and always gets the short end it seems. Heck if they keep him out of the next one when his character is the main funder of the team now is just utter BS.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
As it should be the 2nd GB HasLab is the Ghost Trap and Afterlife PKE/ Taser. $299.99 is a bit much but I was all in if they did this after the pack.

The tiers are a tad meh. First tier is a classic GB Logo patch, blueprint printout, and stickers like Ray’s Occult Books logo.

2nd Tier is a belt holster for the Trap and a HasLab GB Patch

3rd tier is the PKE holster and a mini puff GB No Ghost patch.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Theres something oddly appealing about that Haslab patch...
It’d be ok if it didn’t actually say HasLab across it and was just the caution stripping.

Of course I would find a Patreon Group the same day with 3D print files for most GB gear the same day this pops off. I’m tempted to see if I can get my brother to help me make an RGB PKE meter. Always liked it better than the Movie version. Sadly I’ve yet to see a good Extreme GB Trap. Always liked the yellow dome trap.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
What is this about a Haslab patch? I don't see that anywhere on the products in any of the pics or the video. Am I just that blind or were they showing something else before today?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Nah, nah, it's there man, just keep scrolling down.

Frankly, I find it to be fairly meh, and the one I bought years ago at the montreal comic con (and is STILL on my backpack!) to be a better rendering.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well it went past initial funding this morning. With 40+ days left it’s probably going to hit the stretch goals.

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Bumping this because the talk of the recently released teaser reminded me of how much fun it was talking about the old comics, games, etc. Ghostbusters are awesome!

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
For those that might have missed it

Im getting a Real Ghostbusters vibe from this, not sure why tho. Maybe it feels refreshing to have something not (immediately) tied to Gozer.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The teaser was intersting, thou the title, that kind of leaves more to be desired, hopefully it will be good, Afterlife was fairly desent, I can't judge 2016 has I not seen it but I hear its bad and a bad copy of the original film

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
The teaser was intersting, thou the title, that kind of leaves more to be desired, hopefully it will be good, Afterlife was fairly desent, I can't judge 2016 has I not seen it but I hear its bad and a bad copy of the original film
People keep ragging on "answer the call" but every time I've seen it I've genuinely enjoyed it for it's own sake. It's not a bad movie... okay, the CGI ain't great, but everything else is perfectly fine.

Top Bottom