Transformers: The Basics

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm always down for more G1 Steeljaw.

Something I wanted to make, but never got around to, was a Beast Wars version that was like the Maximal counterpart of Ravage.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
No Basics video this week, but I did find something else interesting.

A few weeks ago, Chris was interviewed on an episode of the Transmissions podcast, talking Transformers and more:

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
An era which should not be forgotten -- and not solely remembered by the snarky asides Simon Furman puts in his Earth Wars scripts....

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
The Dreamwave era of TF comics is the most important, because it gave us a updated style look to many of the G1 characters, plus the most complete guide to the G1 cast of characters at the time and pretty much is the Bible a lot of later stuff is built upon, of course, the art back then, looks a hell of lot better than what Marvel was in the 80s

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Okay, I'm curious now...
Alas, I didn't take the opportunity to record direct quotes, but the Earth Wars game has had over its long storyline some instances of post-Shroud dimension-hopping (which is how one is able to acquire Laser Rod Optimus and Armada Megatron, as well as Tonbot from an alternate Beast Wars). The Dreamwave universe was recently called out and described as a "haunted realm of abandoned plots" to which none of our bots desire to go....

Last edited:

Blot

Citizen
My favorite funny Dreamwave thing was how the house style was infamously comically bloated robots, and then there was Energon Optimus Prime, a design that was an infamously comically bloated robot, and then in the Dreamwave Energon comic Guido Guidi drew him like

gXT34RD.jpg

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I always thought their Energon Prime looked good. Maybe too good, considering the toy.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Just finished the ep I love DW era I was working at a Comic book shop back then

I was always hyped to get a new issue

Ah well it was a fun ride while it lasted

PAY YOUR ARTIST PAT

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Chris Chris!!! What did I win!!! woooho Im rich what off shore bank account do you want want my info in lol
(Primus I hate these scammers)

aqa3wa.JPG

Top Bottom