He-Man, and also the Masters of the Universe

Dake

Citizen
Possibly. I'm just saying I haven't seen it.

You may not have noticed it on the original figures because they weren't painted, but the left arm bracer was bigger than the right's bracelet. The confusion comes from some of the rereleases which gave him the same bracelets on both arms.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I want one.
oh-my-it-is.gif

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Beautiful...but I can't help but think I could put a dent in my credit card debt for that.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2070.JPG

Got this from Big Bad Toy Store today. I ordered it 10/28 and got it 11/5. So really the shipping speed itself was decent. I do wish that BBTS would give you an estimated arrival date when you order though. Even if there's a couple days margin of error, something would be nice. But hey, I got it!
IMG_2071.JPG

Never mind the shield/staff/hood of the normal Teela. I did my own coloring on those. But things of note, the staff is a bright yellow instead of the brown of the others.

IMG_2072.JPG

Note also the white fluff on the boots, the lighter yellow and whiter whites on the clothing and bracers. The knees are also the later styled that you can also see on the green Teela. And hey, she's finally got her sword.

IMG_2073.JPG

The actual ponytail is a nice addition instead of the bun. Something else I just noticed looking at the pic, the tiera is more swept back and gives you a better look at her ear.

IMG_2074.JPG

Not sure how much of this is an age thing and how much is a design thing, but the Origin wings are more rubbery, making them more bendable. Colors are brighter too, though again, not sure how much of that is an age thing. You can tell how the patters are also different where the different colors meet.

IMG_2075.JPG

They didn't do much as far as reworking the flapping mechanism. They're virtually identical. But with the wings being more rubbery, the flap is automatically better. Though again, not sure how much of that is an age thing. There is no added articulation in the head or feet. Aside from the paint just and the more movable wings, very little has changed. One thing I will say, the old vintage one is easier to make it stand on its own whereas the new one is impossible to get to stand on its own.

IMG_2076.JPG

I probably won't keep it in the harness. I just wanted a comparison pic. The older one is darker. Other than that, they're really close to being the same. Maybe some slight witdth differences on some parts, but nothing really noticeable unless you put them side by side.

IMG_2077.JPG

And here she is on her stand.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
View attachment 10447

They didn't do much as far as reworking the flapping mechanism. They're virtually identical. But with the wings being more rubbery, the flap is automatically better. Though again, not sure how much of that is an age thing. There is no added articulation in the head or feet. Aside from the paint just and the more movable wings, very little has changed. One thing I will say, the old vintage one is easier to make it stand on its own whereas the new one is impossible to get to stand on its own.
Isn't this from a line of reimagined figures, even Battlecat for a new, more articulated mold?

If so, why is Zoar still the same as the original toy?

Caldwin

Citizen
Isn't this from a line of reimagined figures, even Battlecat for a new, more articulated mold?

If so, why is Zoar still the same as the original toy?

Origins, yes. Veela is done in the more articulated way like the rest of Origins. This is just theory, but maybe the wing-flap mechanism made it so they couldn't add the articulation to Zoar like they do other figures. Though that wouldn't explain why they can't at least make the head move, maybe even the feet. *shrugs* I was kinda disappointed in that myself. But hey! New shiny Zoar!

Is that Mike Young/20XX Teela?

Who's Mike Young? With Google I see some comedian, some politician and a car dealer. Sooooo...not getting the reference, though I'm guessing you didn't mean the car dealer.

Caldwin

Citizen
IMG_2165.JPG

I found this at Wal-Mart today.

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2167.JPG

Side by side with vintage. As you can tell, the vintage has a pump type thing for the mouth to help the suction. Origins just has a normal suction cup. But the head doesn't move at all on the vintage, So there's that.

IMG_2168.JPG

They still seem to stick the same.

IMG_2169.JPG

I don't see myself trying to stick it to too many surfaces, so I'll probably just keep it with the alt-head and hands.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I was watching trdq on YouTube and saw this... Stinkor with beastman's head in the background. Who is that? Google was no help.

Screenshot_2022-11-29-07-18-30-775_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Caldwin

Citizen
A31C2160-CE29-45D7-B827-78C674986FA8.jpeg

Sorry (not sorry) about including Transformers in this He-Man pic, but I wanted to show you how awesome my friend is. Meadowhaven (has an account here but I haven't seen her post yet) got these for me for belated birthday/early Christmas. The two smaller ones she actually got me a few years ago, but it felt appropriate to include them in the picture.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

Top Bottom