Lego and other brick toys

Dake

Citizen
I haven't actively played with Lego since I was a kid (a couple of Kreo GIJoe sets aside). My wife loves puzzles but I'm terrible at them so I realized maybe a fun compromise would be a Lego set and since The Office is one of our standard "comfort shows", this seemed like a no-brainer. Well...

vI4Vs8k.jpg

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen

The next wave of Collectible Minifigures has been revealed! A lot of neat figures here: another color to add to the classic Space spectrum, and a Spacebaby! A Black Falcon falconer! An Orc! A suspiciously-Boba-Fett-colored Robot Warrior!
The Roccoco Aristocrat is probably the weakest, IMO, and even that has the white chihuahua to sort of redeem it.
The Newsie has my wife excited about this wave; she informed me I need to find enough for her, her mom, and her sister, in addition to any that I want.

Thankfully, this wave is still bagged instead of boxed, I should still be able to feel for the ones we want.

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
I've fallen back into LEGO in a hard way. My wife got me LEGO Optimus for my birthday this year in October and then the T-Rex Breakout for our anniversary in November. Then I grabbed the Horizon: Zero Dawn set. Last week we decided our family Christmas Present will be all the available Winter Village sets so we can start doing those on a yearly basis as a family. Now I've got the itch to buy the Home Alone set and I've gotta start budgeting for this relapse.

Last edited:

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I bought a third copy of the lego Sonic set, yet to decide what I'm going to do with that, but I'll try and expand the Zone some more but differenly to what I ready done which is just two kits setup and bits swapped around

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
In the past two months, I've added the Assembly Square, Birch Bookstore, and Corner Garage modulars, the Mandalorian N1, Medieval Blacksmith, and the Bond and F&F Speed Champions sets to the collection. I plan to pick up all the available LEGO modulars by the end of the year, and I've found a couple of really nice Bricks & Minifigs locations on the west coast for retired modular sets, like the Corner Garage.

This is getting out of hand.

Haywire

Citizen
Welcome to the sickness! 😁 I need to get the Bond and F&F cars, myself. Was hoping to pick up the new Galaxy Explorer when they went on markdown, but they went up after Christmas! 😰😨😱

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Drove six hours round trip Sunday, but got the Palace Cinema, Pet Shop, Detective’s Office and Brick Bank modulars for a ridiculously low cost.

I’ve started placing BrickOwl orders for some pieces missing in the sets.

Stepwise

Not Crew.
Citizen
There were some fun sets in that post-Futuron era. I went nuts the first time I saw Ice Planet sets with the adapted classic space logo.

The Spyrius recolor in there is fun, too. I only had a handful of the smaller ice Planet, Aquazone, and Spyrius sets, but there were some fun concepts in those series.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
I have that little Aquazone sub with the grabber arm and the Ice Planet quad bike (the "Ice Tunnelator", iirc)

I really liked the color scheme for Ice Planet, and all the skis made them fitting Christmas gifts, even if they were space explorers.

And it still amuses me that "transparent orange chainsaw!" became a meme on 4chan back in the day.

Haywire

Citizen
Yeah, all we need are some readily-available white (and Transparent neon orange) skis, Nexo-knights provided some weapons and canopies, we could have an Ice Planet Renaissance...

PiratedTVPro

Ancient Protoform
Citizen
Loved the Ice Planet stuff, would have been 1993-ish? Those skis, chainsaw pieces, and visors with little targeting computers were amazing. That's pretty much where my childhood collecting started to end. I went hard into M-Tron before that after my brother had done the same with the original space sets.

My Creator modular search is over. I've grabbed everything I really can at this point. Anything earlier than 2010 (and the Town Hall) just become prohibitively expensive to actively look for. Oh, except for the modular Diner. I just think it's ugly and haven't found anything worthwhile on Rebrickable to configure it into.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Lucked into an auction for a chunk of the rare Wave 1 Star Trek Kreons! 7 out of Twelve, with an extra Kirk and 3 (!) Gul Dukats.

KreOTrek.jpg

Of this set I just need Spock (TOS), General Change (STVI), Lt. Worf (ST:TNG), Quark (STDS9), and Andorian Soldier (Enterprise?).
*hint,hint*

Last edited:

Top Bottom