The 3rd Party Toy Picture thread

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
xMRBP9Mh.jpg

COBRAAAAA
FQXo57th.jpg

"Bludfartz_69420 shall pay for implying Megatron's motherboard is of considerable mass!"
RXsvs8wh.jpg

Also damn, I love how clean the Decepticobra decal turned out.

Dake

Citizen
That helicopter is cool except for the neck and why does it have an Optimus head?

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
LX26JBN.jpg

Goddamn, this guy is nice. As far as I can tell from looking online, I do have one of the second run that should have the waist issue fixed, but I sure can't get it apart yet...

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
S0CYevKl.jpg

This guy looks awesome but is not fun to handle at all. All the long, pointy parts are on balljoints so they won't break but they're still long and pointy. Quite a bit too much gold as well. While I've finished painting the head, I'm thinking about doing the cannons in black, if I can figure out how to take them apart.

Dvandom

Citizen
What's this one called? It looks like another Metal Slug altmode, but it's not at all like the one from a few years ago with the more Bayformery altmode.

---Dave

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
The listing i bought from called it the CangDao SV-001 Metal Slug. It's an officially licensed item as I understand.

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, AliExpress has it as Zang Tao, but same thing (searching on SV-001 Metal Slug mostly gets non-transforming tanks). About a hundred bucks, hm.

---Dave

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
uFAbqaf.jpg

YJB1SVB.jpg

SEUjhgr.jpg

Kinda wish I had held onto the RotF Legends Wheelie toy for side-by-side comparisons, since their about the same size. Obviously MC03 "Little Monster" is way more detailed and articulated, though some of the joints are rather tight and the shoulder wheels don't seem to lock into place anywhere, which made me appreciate the dead simplicity of the old official toy.

0hZKBqf.jpg

Cybertron Roller Derby Team!

d1yJ3mO.jpg

That first transformation is a doozy since the RC car mode is so compact that it's impossible to tell how everything's connected. The fenders in particular threw me for a loop since they're attached to the wheels and not the truck body itself as one would expect. The split tires also rather confusing since it isn't clear how the two halves come apart yet you can't just ignore it since somehow the arm articulation is tied to it (FYI the fender-ring and the wheel-half (two parts) slide down towards the robot arm).

X668cKF.jpg

Oddly enough it seems those rollbars are c-clip compatible:
eeAansS.jpg

HREr4zp.jpg

I'm quite enjoying this series. Really hoping they tackle Frenzy.

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
UFSIKmLh.jpg

lSwljLZh.jpg

ArtqNiJh.jpg

oerBieDh.jpg

BxYr2Eyh.jpg

UlpSdP9h.jpg

YYYqSx5h.jpg

Monke to robot transformation is fairly predictable but the crotch mode transformation is ingenious. It uses a similar sliding rail system to Armada Overload/Stege Magnus to move the legs into the chest for crotch mode.
UXDYZbah.jpg

JShCThMh.jpg

Lord Megatron, I’m trying to destroy the heroic forces of the Autobots but I’m dummy thicc and the clap of my buttcheeks keep alerting the autobots!

Attachments

• 1675472863151.png
    1675472863151.png
    615.9 KB · Views: 75

unluckiness

Hello everynyan!
Citizen
Got some new orange paint in that I think matches the native orange better so I redid the head. painted the paws red as well since i had time to hug around with the pins. Considering doing the cannons as well but i don’t see any accessible way of dismantling them.
C5BDEA92-69CA-4933-8AF1-01032DA884AE.jpeg

Last edited:

Top Bottom