. . . . .

Attachments

• caution__schadenfreude_by_toastwizard_d3l8kyl-350t.jpg
    caution__schadenfreude_by_toastwizard_d3l8kyl-350t.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 69

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
This is going to end with Elon broke and sodding off back to South Africa, isn't it?

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He's been a billionaire. Even if he fails spectacularly, he'll always be able to raise millions for his next venture simply because he has money or has contacts from when he had money. Once you end up in the club, it's REALLY hard to get kicked out, no matter how hard you fail......

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Just ask Donald Trump! He spent his whole life doing literally nothing BUT losing money, and still manages to pass himself off as rich enough that he just needs a little more to accomplish his goals, but don't worry, he's good for it, honest.

Shadewing

Citizen
Going against him, is all the loans he took out to have the money to buy Twitter, loans that are paid in Tesla Stock. So if Twitter fails, he's got to sell off control of Tesla to pay back all those guys. Trump largely convinces his supporters for money, if his stuff fails he usually doesn't have to pay people back. I'm not saying this will ruin Musk, but no matter what; this is gonna hurt hard finacially just about any way it's gonna go.

Kup

Citizen
^ Would he thought? Wouldn’t it depend on how he borrowed the money (personal vs maybe a business loan)? And if his Tesla stock is the opposite, could he retain control of Tesla while losing Twitter

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Right wing asshats are coming back. I also expect Donald's return soon, though he may give token resistance to stay with his "Truth" network. We'll see what the next couple of days bring, whether or not Twitter can actually stay running.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Surprisingly, Musk has given a hard no to unbanning Alex Jones, so I guess there is a limit but trying to incite a bloody revolution to overthrow the government doesn't meet it?

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
With others, like Jordan Peterson or the Babylon Bee or even Trump, you can make an argument for freedom of speech or even acquiescing to celebrity. There is nothing like that with Alex Jones. Just insanity and slander trials.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I do hope Elon enjoys these moments with the majority of right wingers and boot licks absolutely kissing his ass on twitter. When the honeymoon is over, this marriage is going to go bad quick.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I just realized, the best thing that could come of this is that he has to pull the plug on that tunnel nonsense he's been working on.

Top Bottom