Transformers: EarthSpark

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
Alas, it perhaps should have been specified that that was 7 PM Eastern Standard Time. Canada is a big place, after all....
Yeah, I shouldn't have made that assumption that most folks were in the Eastern and Pacific time zones (since YTV runs a west coast feed, too).

I have to imagine it will be repeated or put online in the near future

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
I suppose since Cybertronian mechafauna have been intermittently a thing since the Sunbow cartoon and Budiansky's "atechnogenesis" origin (back in Marvel #1 of 4), one could conceivably have a whole taxonomic scheme in parallel of Terran cladistics.

The Grand Cybertronian Taxonomy, alas, had nothing to do with that.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At long last, after waiting all day long, all ten episodes have finally been uploaded to KimCartoon. Now anyone anywhere can watch them.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
So I like this direction for the series, it's a bit less action oriented at times by the Terran aspect is something to explore more of.

My only complaint so far is the Smoke and Explosion animations. It doesn't mesh well at all with the rest of the series look.

But I'm liking this. They had a lot of us worried when they said things were going to be more comedy focused, but thankfully it's less Teen Titans Go or Spongebob and a bit more grounded family fun.

Deathy G1

Citizen
This is not my bag. I think it’s the voice direction and faces mostly, but I couldn’t get through the premiere episode. For literally the first time ever (including Beast Machines and the Netflix trilogies), I don’t like a Transformers series.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
toy and new character talk
Very happy Nightshade is one of the BAF deluxes. Hope we get all the terrans at deluxe even though Thrash's warrior toy looks pretty decent.

After seeing the actual show it's funny how out of scale deluxe Twitch is. All the Terrans are basically micromasters, and she's the smallest of them, but nope gotta squish everyone into the same size class these days

If they do a 2nd BAF I'd really want a Frenzy.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At long last, after waiting all day long, all ten episodes have finally been uploaded to KimCartoon. Now anyone anywhere can watch them.
Forget what I said about KimCartoon. That site's pop-up ads have become way too infuriating to deal with (the videos won't play at all if any adblocker is turned on). Luckily, all ten episodes are also now on WatchCartoonOnline (wcofun.net), a much more generous site with significantly less frustration.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Alright, so I've watched half of whats there so far, and I'm enjoying it. The smaller scale, the prime-ish art style, and the almost comic book like special effects, the story, the characters, yeah, it's good. I want more.

I do have one question though, and I'm asking keeping in mind that they might still answer this in the episodes I haven't seen, or in the ones they haven't aired yet.

Shadewing

Citizen
Thoughts so far:

I REALLY want to know exactly what it was that made Megatron, and apparently NO OTHER Decepticon at all, decide to ally with GHOST and the Autobots.

Optimus really seems to be speedrunning the 'path to hell, paved with good intentions'

I thought that GHOST agent sounded familiar, and of course he's a by-the-books asshole; he share the voice of Bradford Buzzard from Ducktales. Which makes me trust him even less. Which also isn't helped by how little Optimus and Megatron seems to trust the Organization as whole.

I know this will most likely be answered; but really curious as to WHY Bumblebee needs to be hidden.

Can't tell if Arcee is just a master bullshitter or is actually legit trying to teach lessons through experience.

Really like Punk Rocker Girl Frenzy, A bit confused about Ravage at the end. If the real ravage is with Soundwave, who is the one what was with Frenzy and Laserbeak? Kinda want to see Rumble get a similar make-over to Frenzy, maybe as a drummer as that'd kinda fit his name.

I had first thought Mandroid had captured Tryptacon or someone, but no just a giant mecha spider.

Not sure I care for the name 'Hashtag', it feels too... 'trying hard to appeal to kids' Also feel Nightshade is gonna reignite the whole 'Robots shouldn't have genders' debate.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Thoughts so far:

I REALLY want to know exactly what it was that made Megatron, and apparently NO OTHER Decepticon at all, decide to ally with GHOST and the Autobots.

Optimus really seems to be speedrunning the 'path to hell, paved with good intentions'

I thought that GHOST agent sounded familiar, and of course he's a by-the-books asshole; he share the voice of Bradford Buzzard from Ducktales. Which makes me trust him even less. Which also isn't helped by how little Optimus and Megatron seems to trust the Organization as whole.

I know this will most likely be answered; but really curious as to WHY Bumblebee needs to be hidden.

Can't tell if Arcee is just a master bullshitter or is actually legit trying to teach lessons through experience.

Really like Punk Rocker Girl Frenzy, A bit confused about Ravage at the end. If the real ravage is with Soundwave, who is the one what was with Frenzy and Laserbeak? Kinda want to see Rumble get a similar make-over to Frenzy, maybe as a drummer as that'd kinda fit his name.

I had first thought Mandroid had captured Tryptacon or someone, but no just a giant mecha spider.

Not sure I care for the name 'Hashtag', it feels too... 'trying hard to appeal to kids' Also feel Nightshade is gonna reignite the whole 'Robots shouldn't have genders' debate.
As soon as they addressed the they/them thing wiht Nightshade, I immediately thought "That's gonna stick in some folks craws" and I hate that I had to think that in the first place.

A part of me dislikes that the MacGuffin is another of the "Prime sacred relics" but it's at least one we hadn't ever seen yet.

I do like that this Megatron legitimately feels like he could have been an ex-miner turned revolutionary(particularly in the cassettebot episode) and not a gladiator robo-Hitler who happened to be a miner once.

I think I'd prefer the "master bullshitter" part given we already had a teacher Arcee, though revisiting that wouldn't be bad.

I have a sneaking suspicion they made Frenzy purple this time just to troll all the old Rumble/Frenzy arguments, given Rumble was purple and not blue in the G1 toon... especially if we do get a red-and-black Rumble later.

I also like the reveal that the mom had a prosthetic leg - there's like no clues before, but it makes sense given her history. I also kept expecting that GHOST agent guy to recognize her finally, given GHOST set up her employment in the first place, but nothing ever really came of that mention in this half-season at least.

I like that they dipped back to the UT Cybertron toyline for the Swindle/Hardtop setup -felt like a bit of a deep cut there.

The "Love Live Laugh" picture with Mrs Malto and Megatron just cracked me up too... I really wanted to snip and post that, but didn't want to risk spoilers, even though it doesn't really spoil anything the trailers didn't already.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Thoughts so far:

I don't love the name, but I feel like Hashtag just follows on from Twitch lol
I think all the Terrans are being subconsciously named by the kids, and Robby is very much a gamer.

And luckily my online presence is curated enough that I barely see those kind of debates anymore. I mostly just see people being excited.

Blindmouse

Old-timey Allsparker
Citizen
I also like the reveal that the mom had a prosthetic leg - there's like no clues before, but it makes sense given her history.
I don't remember which episode it was, but there was a scene where she was walking around the front yard in shorts, and for a brief moment you can see it. No one says anything about it, but I remember thinking it was an interesting detail.

Shadewing

Citizen
I don't love the name, but I feel like Hashtag just follows on from Twitch lol
I think all the Terrans are being subconsciously named by the kids, and Robby is very much a gamer.

And luckily my online presence is curated enough that I barely see those kind of debates anymore. I mostly just see people being excited.

Twitch is an actual word seperate from gaming/internet. And it fits her being the hyperactive one. Hashtag... only really means something in online lingo.

tec

Maystor missspelur
Citizen
Saw the two parter and I gotta say it was a lot of fun

Also Cybertron Hardtop was great even has his Cyberkey gun at the start

Prime still haveing a bad day was great

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
My top three favorite characters so far are Alex, Dot, and Megatron.

Alex is the most relatable character on the show, Dot is the awesomemest character, and Megatron is the most interesting.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Watched the first two-parter. Not bad. Not as much of an attention-grabber, but decent. They were kind of laying it on thick the Megs/Mom (don’t remember her name) relationship though. Thought that would be more sparsed out through the series instead of being quadrupled down on in the first ep. Like, yes, we get it; Megs is a good guy now and fanboys this human. Cus reasons. Anyway, hoping for some more leveling out as the series goes on.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Loving this show so far. My favourite dynamic is the Alex/Bumblebee relationship, but pretty much everything from the music to the character designs to the voice acting to the animation to the writing and every other aspect of the show is top notch.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
My, my, what's this? A STREAM?

tumblr_inline_mkepxuWMYr1rz2rtq.gif

How positively deLIGHTful...

https://freemovies2021 DOTkomm /tv/watch-transformers-earthspark-full-movie-90136

Last edited:

Top Bottom