Recommended Switch games? (Other than BotW and Hades)

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Absolutely. I decided to get it because the graphics are the most beautiful art ever. I proceeded to get my butt handed to me so thoroughly that I just couldn't even enjoy how pretty it was.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, I finished the epilogue of Hades. The story is done. I still want to do a few side quests (like unlock one weapon and get the autograph) but I'm done, whew.

51ish attempts before escaping the first time
111 attempt before getting the epilogue

Not bad?

Going Breath of the Wild next.

Thanks to all your suggestions here! That was a ton of info, hehe

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I do wish Cuphead had a "super-easy baby mode" for those of us who just want to marvel at the animation.

They can even make fun of me for it in the game dialogue itself. I don't care.
I was so thrilled when I saw that some recent games like the Uncharted Collection had a “Story Mode” or “Narrative Mode” with reduced difficulty so people (like me) who are in it for the story can do so without being bogged down by sucking at the gameplay.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Having the optional mode was definitely one of the high points of Tunic for me (tho it's not currently a switch game). Got deep enough in and didn't want to get derailed for a few hours learning a boss, boom, god mode.

Caldwin

Citizen
I got Splatoon 3 last night. I'm not a huge die-hard fan of the series but I have played all three games. They're pretty solid.

If you haven't played the first two, I would say just get the third one and don't worry about it. The first two are good, but probably not different enough for a casual fan to worry about going back for the others.

That said, the third one does some very welcome streamlining and quality of life improvements that makes it worth checking out.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Having the optional mode was definitely one of the high points of Tunic for me (tho it's not currently a switch game). Got deep enough in and didn't want to get derailed for a few hours learning a boss, boom, god mode.
Well, I'm glad to be wrong now after that Direct.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, I said I wasn't going to do it but I ended up doing all the extra stuff in Hades. I just need to get three more fishes to get everything done in the Codex. I did the 32 Heat run to get the Skelly statues. Hypnos was the last god I needed to forge a bond with. I'm not going to grind for Gems to get all the decor tho, that's too much.

Anyhow, I'm trading Hades with a friend and borrowing one of his RPGs, just to get out of my comfort zone.

Do I choose Final Fantasy Maxima or Ni Na Kuni?

(Also downloaded Fortnite cuz it was free. My friend held my hand while he and his party hunted down the others. I got 1 kill, haha)

Caldwin

Citizen
I've never played Maxima, but with the Final Fantasy name, how bad can it possibly be.

I played Ni No Kuni a little bit. I got distracted from it, but what little I did play was pretty good.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Honestly, both are solid choices. I think you'll have fun with either one you choose.

World of Final Fantasy is kind of a crossover with the older Final Fantasies. If you've played a few of those it'll probably mean more to you. I think you can follow the story well enough if you've never played the older Final Fantasies, but it definitely HELPS if you know your Final Fantasy lore.

Ni No Kuni (I'm assuming it's the first one, not the sequel, though both are good games) has a Studio Ghibli like quality to it's artwork. It's a original story, so you don't need to know anything outside of the game itself.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I've not personally played either, but WoFF has been heavily recced to me by a friend, and it does look pretty charming from the screencaps/clips they shared.

Top Bottom