Conspiracy lunatic thread - people who believe in absurd nonsense are dangerous

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
It's almost local election time in New Zealand, and it's an extra minefield this year as the crazies have decided that they're going to run candidates in the elections, but not let on they're crazies. E.G. in my own city, there's a fellow running for city councillor. You would not know it by reading the bio he has supplied, but he is a host on a neo-nazi podcast and took part in anti-vax protests in the capital city earlier this year. Fantastic.

Unrelated, the candidates running for mayor of Wellington were asked a series of questions, and I thought I'd reproduce the answers for candidate Don McDonald here, because they're pretty good. They're sourced from here:
Q: What is the most pressing issue to be addressed in the first 90 days of the new term?
A: Gratuitous anti democracy gossip. Their truth anything but whole truth. No different voices. Blocks biography ads. Use up resources die. Get right with Jesus.
Q: How will you get the council working as a team to support you as mayor?
A: Don anti growth. Too much population make less. Too cars make less. Chop half. World disobey eternal laws. Science bite my ass.
Q: What is your solution for addressing Wellington's housing crisis?
A: Enough houses. Solution too population. Chop pop cars flites alcoh cigs movie concert noise /4. Spares houses $$mm.
Q: What is the key transport or infrastructure issue and how do you plan to resolve it?
A: Too much cars. I will park where I want. They will pay fines environment. Take up space. Climate. Bible knows your speeding mistake. Hurt.
Q: Which council policy do you believe should be either extended or scrapped and why?
A: Derelict fixs 340.0 text votes. He do 99% nothing. Lgoima eager billboards 12 weeks. Refuse answer. Inefficient councillor. Official information.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
1594908916051.jpg

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
He might be even more incoherent than Herschel Walker, either that or English isn't his first language.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
Don's great and regularly runs for council. Here's an article about him from 2019 when he last ran for mayor:
McDonald hasn't owned or driven a car since the 1990s and believes vehicles waste a lot of space in the city with many sitting idle for most of the day.
I mean, he's absolutely right about that. We need to have cities designed so you don't need cars to get around them.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Q: What is the most pressing issue to be addressed in the first 90 days of the new term?
A: Gratuitous anti democracy gossip. Their truth anything but whole truth. No different voices. Blocks biography ads. Use up resources die. Get right with Jesus.
Q: How will you get the council working as a team to support you as mayor?
A: Don anti growth. Too much population make less. Too cars make less. Chop half. World disobey eternal laws. Science bite my ass.
Q: What is your solution for addressing Wellington's housing crisis?
A: Enough houses. Solution too population. Chop pop cars flites alcoh cigs movie concert noise /4. Spares houses $$mm.
Q: What is the key transport or infrastructure issue and how do you plan to resolve it?
A: Too much cars. I will park where I want. They will pay fines environment. Take up space. Climate. Bible knows your speeding mistake. Hurt.
Q: Which council policy do you believe should be either extended or scrapped and why?
A: Derelict fixs 340.0 text votes. He do 99% nothing. Lgoima eager billboards 12 weeks. Refuse answer. Inefficient councillor. Official information.

I can't decide if it's funnier to read these answers in Mordin Solus's voice or Tor Johnson's.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I'm not sure it's all that unrelated, actually. Dude writes like the Time Cube guy. Why can't they all be this easy to pick out?

Nevermore

Citizen
Don's great and regularly runs for council. Here's an article about him from 2019 when he last ran for mayor:

I mean, he's absolutely right about that. We need to have cities designed so you don't need cars to get around them.
Is this a broken clock moment?

Paladin

Citizen

even for Q that's a reach.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
You've had decades, what have you done to make the world better?

But at least you, dennis, can make up for all of it in one action, and remember: it's down the street, not across the road.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
The news this evening made a big deal about Trump using a Qanon dogwhistle at his rally, but like... does Qanon actually represent any kind of threat beyond being followers of Donald Trump? If he's "hiding" references in his material, it's probably just to appease their desire to pretend they're in on something the rest of the world doesn't know about, not because he has anything to actually hide.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Here's the thing: trump isn't being a qanon threat. He's trying to act like a mob boss, and the qanon folks are taking advantage of the fact that by default trump quietly threatens people and organizations because of how he does business.

As for qanon itself: yeah, they are a threat, even if not an actual physical threat. I mean: some of them ARE a physical threat (like the nutter in the clown wig hunting democrats, or all that pizzagate bullshit.), but the sheer reach of their disinformation and the insidious nature they spread it, that's the actual qanon threat.

plus, you know, the assault rifles.

Top Bottom