The Caffeinated Equine Thread

Caldwin

Woobie Destroyer of Worlds
Citizen
Well, it's about time someone alphabetized the alphabet. Darn thing's been bugging me for years.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have a new sleep paralysis demon. This one is not even slightly humanoid. No discernable limbs, just feathery looking appendages from head to whatever, like a sea slug. But no eyestalks, just normal eyes on its "head". Humongous blue eyes with tiny circular pupils. Like bat eyes, just blue.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Dreams have been mostly uneventful lately. One thing I've been playing around with is music. Some things are hard to recall while asleep, but at least for me whatever part of the brain music is stored in seems to be completely accessible. I can recall it without distortion, but I can also mess with it. I can adjust different instruments to make it sound better.

It fascinates me. It's pure music, bypassing air, bypassing my ears. It's just in my brain. Sure you can do that while awake, but it's not the same. Imagination is so impaired while we're awake.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
I mean, your brain does have to process more external factors when awake, stuff you can't really change.

I miss the kinds of really weird outlandish dreams I had as a kid. Now it's mostly variations of travel, stressors, and stuff that's more rooted in reality. There's still weird elements to them, just not as fun.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel lucky. My Dreamlands haven't changed a bit. Same places. Same geography. Same architecture. Same cultural quirks. Same monsters. It's all a bit tamer than it used to be, but that's because I grew up. A lot of the same nightmare scenarios happen, but I'm no longer a kid. It changes things.

My worst recurring nightmare as a kid saw my family besieged by aliens in our own house. At the climax, they got in somehow (I never figured that part out) and we had to run for it. My family never made it. The ending varied. I had to decide whether to keep running or stick around and share whatever fate my family was in for. It was messed up.

The nightmare still tries to happen. The difference is I'm not a kid anymore, I have nobody but me to worry about, I am not running, and I have a Mossberg.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
ZJKNqc6.jpeg

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I have in fact, in a Shadowrun RP, ordered a drink and said "Hug me up."

I almost died.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Somehow I never failed my saving throws for drinks. And they were the only rolls I passed.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've noticed something. All of the computers in my dreams still use OS/2 Warp.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You know what's weird? Obviously I like coffee a little bit. But there's not a trace of it my dreams. No one drinks it or talks about it. There's no sign of it in grocery stores. I've never found a coffee shop.

So where does this setting come from? Where is my brain looking in itself to find content to build this setting, if it hasn't found coffee anywhere?

Caldwin

Citizen
The part of you that's screaming "too much, please for the love of mercy, cut down!"

Caldwin

Citizen
Well that's just great! Just show the drug addict a video about deep fried chocolate covered heroine why don't ya?

Top Bottom