Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The talk of Junkions and seeing that Fossilizer makes me a little disappointed we haven't gotten some sort of Weaponizer Junkions yet...
It's possible that we could have gotten them in the line that ultimately became Kingdom, had Hasbro not decided to add in all the Beast Wars toys that split the original TFTM-themed line between Kingdom and Studio Series 86.

Glitch

Citizen
What about Weaponizer The Last Knight Bumblebee? complete with the hammer he used to defeat NemOptimus Prime? Sounds naff but it would be semi accurate to that odd scene in the fifth film where the TRF shoot him to bits and he reassembles himself.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
That is quite the G1 Collection. I always thought Omega Supreme was much larger than that. Looks to be the same size as Ultra Magnus.
He comes in around that size. Scaling wasn’t really a thing back then. Metroplex, Omega, combiners. All the same ish size.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
He comes in around that size. Scaling wasn’t really a thing back then. Metroplex, Omega, combiners. All the same ish size.
That's why I joked that the reason they made Ultra Magnus the City Commander is because he was the guy big enough to boss around an entire city in Metroplex.

Which reminds me of my other joke about Metrotitan being in Ultra Magnus's colors as a way to honor him with a new city... but he couldn't deal with that now, and so a dejected Metrotitan joined the Decepticons instead.

Demovere Xeno

HALLELUJAH
Citizen
The talk of Junkions and seeing that Fossilizer makes me a little disappointed we haven't gotten some sort of Weaponizer Junkions yet...
At the very least, it would've been nice to get some of the existing Weaponizers in Junkion colors.

LegacyKnockOut01.jpg

"Heh, I don't know what we'd do if you weren't around to patch us up, Knock Out!"
"......Indeed, Breakdown."

Shelfcanon: Knock Out is the Stunticons' assigned medic - a job that he finds taxing, given the team's aggressive fighting style that often leaves them needing extensive repair work. As a result, Knock Out's bedside manner with them tends to be quite snide and sarcastic... except when it comes to Breakdown, for some reason.

It might be just me, but Legacy Knock Out feels rather light in my hands - which I can't say fills me with confidence, especially given the further price increase on Transformers as of late. =/ Also, I find that the design and tolerance on several of the tabs that keep parts of either mode together kind of odd: the tabs keeping his knees pegged into the front of his legs are rather loose, but the tabs that keep his feet together as the vehicle mode trunk are super-tight, even though the rear windshield is already holding them in place.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Bone Age! Complete Action System!

52323655205_34fee3aa4f_b.jpg

Other than a Burger King Kid's Meal promo, Bone Age never really had anything that resembles a Mastodon, so I made up a couple of configurations.

Build Master Dominus's bones into a Rocket Powered Hover Sled!
52323217761_748aff1b0f_b.jpg

Or a Scythe-armed Battle Walker!

52323217096_ce496b813a_b.jpg

lightsyder

Citizen

52323655205_34fee3aa4f_b.jpg

Other than a Burger King Kid's Meal promo, Bone Age never really had anything that resembles a Mastodon, so I made up a couple of configurations.

Build Master Dominus's bones into a Rocket Powered Hover Sled!
52323217761_748aff1b0f_b.jpg

Or a Scythe-armed Battle Walker!

52323217096_ce496b813a_b.jpg
Totally awesome! I picked up some extra Fossilizers at Power Con just to try this kind of stuff out

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen

I think the Fossilizers could have been more popular with collectors if they were sold as "drones" (similar to the BM "Deployers"). After all, as they're just bones, they're not really "all there" to begin with. Sculpting more guns and other weapons into the parts, or even vehicle parts, could make them more attractive as "Weaponisers for BW figures", rather than strange, frail, out of place bones attached to chunky metal G1 robots". The inclusion of vehicle parts would be great for smaller BW figures, such as Rattrap, to ride too. They should have also made each mold in metallic, clear plastic, etc versions, for both Maximals and Predacons, plus small, "Targetmaster" styled ones that transformed from small skeletral creatures into weapons.

Such wasted potential...

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think the Fossilizers could have been more popular with collectors if they were sold as "drones" (similar to the BM "Deployers"). After all, as they're just bones, they're not really "all there" to begin with. Sculpting more guns and other weapons into the parts, or even vehicle parts, could make them more attractive as "Weaponisers for BW figures", rather than strange, frail, out of place bones attached to chunky metal G1 robots". The inclusion of vehicle parts would be great for smaller BW figures, such as Rattrap, to ride too. They should have also made each mold in metallic, clear plastic, etc versions, for both Maximals and Predacons, plus small, "Targetmaster" styled ones that transformed from small skeletral creatures into weapons.

Such wasted potential...

I'm a pretty big fan of them as-is, but I do agree that maybe molding in a few vehicle bits like some of the old Bone Age figures did would have been great both for all the reasons you mention. Like, as an example, the old Stegus figure had 4 rolling wheels that "convincingly" became part of the skeleton:

5a3039b6fb54a39995ee80db41c247c57856f08f.jpg

d9bc9bb3a66cc1bb12819b90a9db8a11.jpg

I definitely would have welcomed something like that.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Totally awesome! I picked up some extra Fossilizers at Power Con just to try this kind of stuff out

Thanks! I've been having a lot of fun with the Fossilizers. They're one of my favorite new things to come out of the brand in a while.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I'm a pretty big fan of them as-is, but I do agree that maybe molding in a few vehicle bits like some of the old Bone Age figures did would have been great both for all the reasons you mention. Like, as an example, the old Stegus figure had 4 rolling wheels that "convincingly" became part of the skeleton:

5a3039b6fb54a39995ee80db41c247c57856f08f.jpg

d9bc9bb3a66cc1bb12819b90a9db8a11.jpg

I definitely would have welcomed something like that.
I'm surprised they didn't paint the wheels purple...

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I think the Fossilizers could have been more popular with collectors if they were sold as "drones" (similar to the BM "Deployers"). After all, as they're just bones, they're not really "all there" to begin with.
Transmetal 2 Dinobot is a raptor skeleton, and he's definitely no drone.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
7HeCxRy.jpg

Liking this guy a lot more than I expected, and I already expected a lot. Since I didn't go in on Laser Prime, he's my first go at the mold, so to me it's wild just how different it feels with only really changing the top half.

Right? I was holding out for this version of the mold as well, and I have to say that I love it. I'm not an RID fan, so any color differences from the original Scourge don't bother me at all. It's beautifully colored and just a ton of fun to play with.

Top Bottom