SDCC 2022

RichardT519

Citizen
Hasbro isn't revealing D&D's first ever toy line...

9538a3c29d104c545d418ecafab6ca5b--cool-toys-awesome-toys.jpg

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Rocky Horror Magic Academy?
Miss Cackle's Academy for Witches from the 1986 HBO television special "The Worst Witch."

It's my wife's very favorite Halloween movie, so it's required yearly viewing. It features a cameo appearance by Tim Curry as the Grand Wizard, who does a musical number that cannot properly be described. It must be seen to be fully understood.

I recommend this article as it both includes the full video of the song as well as a general breakdown of the best bits.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Isn't the reveal panel supposed to be happening right now? 7/21 at 1PM PDT, right? I haven't seen any news yet about anything there.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Whoops, posted these in the wrong thread:

Pics of new figures revealed at SDCC are up. Mirrored here (not mine, I found them over on TFW)

View attachment 7821View attachment 7822View attachment 7823View attachment 7824View attachment 7825

Skullgrin looks fantastic. Love these new mini-pretenders.

Dead End is pretty much what I expected. Not bad, by any means, just no surprises.

Crank Case is a Skids retool, which I wasn't expecting.

Pointblank looks great. I love that they named him "Autobot Blanker" as though someone was self-censoring themselves while referring to the fact that this character has a bit of a reputation when it comes to their relationships with Autobots.

My exposure to Beast Wars is pretty limited, so I have no strong opinions on TM Megatron.

The Phazer

Citizen
What a genuinely bizarre panel. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Hasbro are a totally disorganised mess but what in the world was going on there.

Future_Erika

singularly focused
Citizen
Yeah... seems like it was pretty sparse, but then again I've been away for a bit and am used to the bigger infodumps of old

Saving alt mode reveals for a month is baffling

The Phazer

Citizen
It's completely baffling for Inferno and Starscream, when they sent out PR shots of the alt modes to retailers two weeks ago with no embargo.

Top Bottom