Gobots and Machine Robo News & Discussion

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Thought we had a thread for this, but couldnt find it.

Discotek Media is releasing Machine Robo: Revenge of Cronos the complete series on Blu Ray next month. Preorders are up on Amazon.

I, for one, am excited. I have the 3 Central Park DVDs, and always wanted to finish the series. Its so divergent from what Gobots and even Transformers was back in the day, so it will be fun to finally see how the story unfolds!

Haywire

Citizen
Huh, I thought we had one since the new site, but I guess not.

Anyway, on the figure side of things, did anyone else get the Action Toys Jet Robo? What did you think? I thought it was a decent companion figure to Drill, but not my favorite in the series. The workaround for the jet nose was decent, but I worry about its durability.

I know Ive said it before, but I wish they would tap some show-only characters like the Leo Tribe or the hearse-black Limousine Robo. Also, Supercar Robo could come out any time.

Haywire

Citizen
So these just showed up on BBTS:
UNITROBORN
Supposedly part of the Machine Robo universe. There are some...interesting combinations, to say the least. I'll be interested to get my hands on a couple and see what they are like.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Those are....strangely fascinating.

Ah, the shark/vending machine. Natures perfect killing machine.

197caa38-3518-4c13-a3e3-1187de7d40bc.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
You see, this is a Predacon/Decepticon plot to destroy mankind through cholesterol and poor judgement. They put the snack machine next to the beach, so people eat too much junk and have heart attacks and die. If that doesn't work, the beach is RIGHT THERE so they can go in the water right after eating, cramp, and drown. And the shark is backup in case they have one of those floaty-tubes, it can pick off the stragglers.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Funny part is from the video above that’s less weird than the actual storyline, which best I can tell is:

Evil ghosts are trying to kill humans so magical singing television robots have come to earth to stop them. When the ghosts cause trouble the TV-bots use their magical powers to combine any two random items in the area into a robot that will save the day.

-ZacWilliam, “Apple! Lobster!” Is pretty damn hard to out-weird.

Haywire

Citizen
Funny part is from the video above that’s less weird than the actual storyline, which best I can tell is:

Evil ghosts are trying to kill humans so magical singing television robots have come to earth to stop them. When the ghosts cause trouble the TV-bots use their magical powers to combine any two random items in the area into a robot that will save the day.

-ZacWilliam, “Apple! Lobster!” Is pretty damn hard to out-weird.
Burger-Bulldozer is pretty out there, too...

I'm not sure they're meant to be ghosts? I think Machine Robo Rescue had some non-toy villains that seemed to exist just to cause chaos and destruction (and possibly even Confusion and Delay!), and the baddie kind of has a similar look? Also, the baddie doesn't look that different from the TV dudes, except it's got a flame where the TV has a musical note? Not that ghost-busting robots made from improbable combined objects isn't a unique take on the transforming robot genre...

I've got a couple on pre-order, may add a couple more. I wish I could go all-out and just order them all, but I also had to preorder some Super7 Godzilla reaction figures, and there's only so much a person can spend on non-necessities...

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Go-Bots/Machine Robo and Transformers always had a bit of cross-pollination. Often both lines would have similar (though not identical) ideas, which were then executed differently for an added layer of separation. I see these as almost Machine Robo's answer to Transformers BotBots.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
"Go home, Duocon designer, you're...well, ok, we're not actually sure, toxicology hasn't come back yet, it doesn't matter, go home."

Seriously, these are awesome, but is there any indication as to size? I doubt they 'scale' with anything including themselves, but I was just wondering how tall the robots generally were.

I wish I could get a half dozen of the lobster/apple ones, and arrange them like a snack platter.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, these are right up my alley. Preordered all but the non-transforming TV dude, and I'm looking most forward to Snacky Shark and Burgerdozer.

Top Bottom