Mey Hem RPG: Sword & Sorcery After the End of the World!

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
GSO: You would use Perception to search for something hidden, not Stealth. That said, you won't need a roll to find the disk since he didn't hide where he put it.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ah, sorry, i kinda muddled my post, the stealth is mostly for asking Friday to check it out, as well as surreptitiously hiding the disk so it can be checked before the YPNR guards take it back.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Sorry if I'm spamming the Micropiece thread. I've been working on these for awhile and the pieces are falling into place.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
No worries. Thats what micropirce is for. Building the world and just having fun with non main characters and NPCs.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
The interesting thing about Harue is that as the story progresses, it takes a hard turn to drama. If not quiet horror if you know some of her backstory before she joined the campaign. Her bad luck is really akin to a curse.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
This version of her is probably the least mentally stable one. Can't really say I gave too much thought about what her accidents might look like to people outside her circle when I started playing her.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
She’s a very tragic character. Her life being upended regularly because of not just how much injury she takes, but how other people see her bad luck.

Such as the medical guys friends seeing her as hurting herself deliberately to stay with him.

its puts a very different spin on all those stories you had her write. The bombastic Alphaman saving the magic girl. The Knight saving the cursed being. Makes it more bittersweet. Great stuff MED.

When Kage gets back on the groubd and finds her gone, he will go searching for her. :)

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
I don't know if it was intentional but when that book editor in Micropiece complained about open ended endings, I mentally noted that the Micropiece stories tended to be open ended.

This version of her is probably the least mentally stable one. Can't really say I gave too much thought about what her accidents might look like to people outside her circle when I started playing her.

Well, exact tone of the situation can affect things. Individual moments can easily be full of slapstick. The big picture is when the tragedy sinks in.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Waiting for others to post, unless you're waiting for me.

I should be good in the Micropiece theater for a bit. I had a few more shorts of Harue and her BF Thubtien (Tien for short) but I didn't like them enough to post, and don't feel like working on them for now. Her relationship with Tien was fast and messy. I tried to show them both having issues and a rocky relationship.

Random info dump:
Harue is actually my first RP character from my chat room days, and another one that shows up in different forms in stuff I make (though not as many as EB). In her original iteration, she ended up dating the first guy she sparred with. His name was Goten and he was basically Goten from Dragonball Z (the adult version shown at the end of the original run). He was a flirt, dumb, beefy, but still a decent guy (and also a Saiyan). They dated awhile, fought a lot, broke up once, and even ended up having twins. Sadly, Goten ended up dieing on a space mission while Harue was on Earth. In Goten's pocket, they found an engagement ring which he never got a chance to give to her...
After his death she started wearing a pink piece of cloth in her hair, which was cut from one of his old shirts (which is also a nod to Vegeta's pink shirt from DBZ).

For this RP version of Harue, her lost love's ultimate fate is unknown. Every time it seemed like she was writing/obsessing about Omega Knight, it was actually Tien. She sometimes called him Ten or Tenny, hence the "1s and 0s" she wrote while under house arrest.
He was a firefighter and presumably died on the day of the annual ball. The evidence seems pretty clear that he died, but they never definitively identified the remains.
Harue was a bit infamous for her frequent accidents, some which required fire trucks or police inquiry. Her frequent attempts to convince the authorities to reopen Tien's case fell on deaf ears. Hence, her decision to investigate on her own, and to disguise herself as a man to avoid law enforcement/hospital workers from recognizing her. After the piano event, she still enjoys dressing as a man sometimes, so she's gender fluid now. Just for clarification, the female version is Harue (with the cloth in her hair), and the male version is Haru (with the cloth around his neck).

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Looking back on Haru/Harue knowing this. It really does put a tragic spin on her actions. Were Kage to find this out, he would, without hesitation, investigate.

Your characters have so many layers MED. :)

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
All things considered, I was wondering if I was causing a bit of mood whiplash with my Micropiece stories since the majority are comedy. There was also the fact that I was going broad with things ranging from Ginny to greased narwalrus wrestling as opposed to focusing on one thing.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don’t though. I think the changing tones of the shorts make them more interesting and are what micropiece is for, right?

Short stories and the characters and world if Mey Hem that don’t necessarily fit into a campaign. Every character is going to be different. Harue is bittersweet, Ginny is a hyperactive kid. Roock and Beanuu are goofball comedians whose comedy comes from the innocent assumption that everybody else sees them as being as great as they see themselves. :)

And Friday is kindness without even a glicker of malice.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
@Zam: Don't worry about tone shift, it's not like the shorts all have to fit the same vibe at the same time.

@GSO: If he finds out. She may not be coming back except for in Micropiece.

Patch

Citizen
One thing about Ronny's gunshot... didn't he have a raygun when he first showed up?

Top Bottom