Transformers Legacy toyline

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
New looks at wave 1 deluxes in stock photos and packaging, from JTPrime on our Discord.
69E0610E-57E4-4DB3-AE04-B4BA60739B06.jpg
67717880-E5E3-4452-9434-9D751213526F.jpg

Actually more excited than before for everything but Arcee. Skids in particular looks better to me now, not sure why.

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Skids and Kickback are 100% skips for me. Skids has never been a favorite and every time I buy one I skip it. I like the insect icons we just got a few years back, sticking with them until the other 2 are confirmed and I can see some comparison shots.

dragstrip….I’d really like to see Menasor first.

arcee is a possibility.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just want to see Iguanus.

-ZacWilliam, feels like Hasbro is kinda treeting Core class like they do the kid aimed lines and not bothering to preview or preorder it as much.

Agreed. I feel like Hasbro doesn't believe us when we tell them we really do like the Core class. We're not just being polite.

I'm unsure about my thoughts on new Insecticons. I was happy to have the complete set of Core/Legends ones, and I'm not sure I want to replace them all. Kickback looks good, but I'm not sure if he looks better enough. I'd be all over new versions of the Deluxe Insecticons (Venom, Barrage, etc), though.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
Skids and Kickback are 100% skips for me. Skids has never been a favorite and every time I buy one I skip it. I like the insect icons we just got a few years back, sticking with them until the other 2 are confirmed and I can see some comparison shots.

dragstrip….I’d really like to see Menasor first.

arcee is a possibility.
Regarding Dragstrip, you can always buy one and sell it later if you don't end up liking Menasor/Motormaster. If we learned anything from CW it's that combiner components (especially those from the original show) do well on the secondary market.

ZacDeath

WWOPD
Citizen
Dragstrip looks better than I expected. If they are doing Menasor, I hope they will also do the Aerialbots. I love my CW Superion and I will gladly take another if it looks as good as I think it will.

Telly

Sack of monkeys in my pocket
Citizen

no combiner mode, so i guess it really is just gonna go on a slab from motormaster

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Definitely getting Dragstrip, but hate how the combining for this set is going to be executed.

No Menasor on my shelf I guess, just the Stunticons.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I don't know, I think that I will be fine with the way that the Stunticons combine/peg on/whatever, as long as Menasor looks good.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I would hate it for anyone else, but since it's how Menasor was always portrayed in the cartoon, I'm fine with it. I'm not opposed at all to "better" combiner versions of Menasor, but I think there's room for both. Its a pity the actual Combiner Wars one had such a weak design so that there weren't two equally-good versions to choose from.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I'm looking forward to getting a better version of Menasor than was provided in Combiner Wars. We'll see how the final product turns out, but this looks alright. As others have said, since 'plug cars on limbs' was kind of his deal anyway, I can live with this sort of thing.

Shadewing

Citizen
Menasor's connection style is like Devastator's face; depending on who's doing the animation, they seem to have different reference sheets. So you get episodes where the cars are used as limbs vs where they're just sitting there, or Devastator has a visor vs those tiny derpy eyes.

LordGigaIce

words pain, funny man
Citizen
I'm sure Menasor will be fine for what he is. This team has a pretty solid track record so I'm confident it'll be stellar.

I just have no desire to re-do Combiners again. Menasor is tempting because his original CW outing was so weak but...I'd rather they give the Motormaster torso mould another crack then an entirely new combining scheme.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel much the same way (was very curious about those 3P Motormasters, but one was not worth the price in the end and the other seemed to have gotten canceled). But tbh I do like the no-combiner-peg-stuff-compromise Drag Strip. Not thrilled about the "he comes apart to match a meh combiner design" aspect, but the main figure is much better than the CW one got to be.

Top Bottom