Post Pictures of your Transformers with Backdrops!

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Plus if you get him, you can make your own Mime Time comics!

Meanwhile... bit of a throwback.
3Z6Lw8xm.jpg

Er.
dtPoZw2l.jpg

This was from a while back, before the MP redeco even got a name. I'm kind of over how fiddly the T30 mold is, and am looking forward to the chonky Legacy one. I've since replaced the lower legs with ones from a new fodder Crosscut that didn't have scary creaky stuck joints... and then the original's started working a bit better, so now rather than toss it I'm trying to turn the "new" copy into a Screech.

Update:
Not a total success, but some pleasant surprises. Some unpleasant ones too. I've come to dislike things about this mold despite an earlier appreciation for it.

cNFqScH.jpg

(My phone surprised me by getting the color so rich.)

Funny enough, the scary tight knees cooperated well this time around. Maybe they loosened up, or maybe they're about to break for real. We'll see.

The real problem came when I forgot how I did Reboost, and tried to pull the arms out of the chest (I think for Reboost I just masked the hell out of the chest and left the arm posts plugged in). Left arm actually got out ok, but the right arm post... Broke. Managed to glue it together, but it didn't hold up once reinserted (couple of shoulder turns for posing broke it in the same place again). Currently reglued, waiting to see if I'll be able to find another junker with an intact arm.
On top of that, I just could not figure out how the hell to reassemble the springs in the right way to restore the spring-loaded shoulder guns. On Screech they keep wanting to spring back off the shoulders to hang in midair. I've reassembled it like a dozen times with the spring ends in the only two holes they can go in, keep getting the same thing. I am this close to just ditching the spring and making it a manual action, or maybe he just doesn't use them ever. So annoying.

(I also discovered I'd neutered Reboost's shoulder guns by losing the OTHER damn spring, which goes with the tab holding the guns in place. And I'd reassembled him wrong too last time, so had to do it all again just to get the guns in the right orientation. I'm a sloppy worker and a fool.)

I'm totally ready for the simpler WFC ish take on Skids in Legacy. I'm not even very attached to the MTMTE "I'm an improbably supercool popular fighter but decided to get myself killed because I got friendzoned" iteration this mold is inspired by. I dig the horribly beweaponed robot mode, and view it as a throwback to the days when they could afford to put that much in a deluxe. But the rough experience of customizing these, and the basic difficulty of getting him to stand even with the correct hip assembly and forward-tilted knees (because he lacks heels and his ankle rockers are... Backwards?), have really worn off the shine of this mold.

9o6jtUy.jpg

It... DOES look pretty dang good just standing there though (when it deigns to stand properly).

Last edited:

Suspsy

Citizen

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
On top of that, I just could not figure out how the hell to reassemble the springs in the right way to restore the spring-loaded shoulder guns. On Screech they keep wanting to spring back off the shoulders to hang in midair. I've reassembled it like a dozen times with the spring ends in the only two holes they can go in, keep getting the same thing. I am this close to just ditching the spring and making it a manual action, or maybe he just doesn't use them ever. So annoying.

I don't think you did anything wrong. I think that's just how it is. I have never figured out what makes my Crosscut's shoulder guns either spring out or lock into place.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Same, tbh (regarding not figuring out the workings). I wasn't really paying attention when I disassembled him, either, so more fool me. Took me a few tries to even realize there was actually a second spring loaded part below the guns (the hook that holds them in place -- triggered when the roof section is lowered).

I just figure there's something I missed about how the spring is oriented, or something. It might be that one end is inserted into the guide hole, then the spring itself is twisted around once before the other end is, etc. Whatever it is, it's likely way too finesse-y for my sausage fingers to manage.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Traded a bunch of G1 reissues and old Botcon exclusives that were just languishing in bins for a MISB CW Devastator over the summer!

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Very pleased to finally own this guy, although now it makes me wish I'd gotten Omega Supreme.

Ultra Magnus: *sighs and reminisces about the good old days...*

1637539620468.png

Top Bottom