Customs Kingdom Soundblaster

Dvandom

Citizen
Got a spare Core class Soundwave today, drove out as many pins as I could (bent a pin punch in the process) and dyed most of the blue parts black. Had to paint the fists. The shoulder joints got SUPER stiff, I suspect the ball parts warped a bit in the scalding dye.
KingdomSB1.JPG

Not sure if I want to do any more paint touch-up, but if I try to fix the gouge mark I'll need to do a lot of painting...I may have a dozen gold paints, but as noted in the image I don't think I can match the "silver dyed gold via black" thing.

---Dave

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'd love to see if you can match that gold. I can't think of any Soundblaster that's ever had gold like that, but it really looks like it belongs.

Dvandom

Citizen
I'd probably start with the tape door trim, since if it didn't quite match it wouldn't be as jarring. (ETA: but I wanna finish another project before going back to this.)

---Dave

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
That looks fantastic! I just picked up a second Core Soundwave, and I was thinking of doing either Soundblaster or Marvel Purple Soundwave. Soundblaster black looks really good on it, and yeah, that silver-turned-gold really fits!

Top Bottom