Transformers Legacy toyline

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
At least this one looks like he can stand. I love just about everything about T30 Sandstorm except for his tenuous balance.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At least this one looks like he can stand. I love just about everything about T30 Sandstorm except for his tenuous balance.
This I completely agree with. Better rear extensions on his feet would have made a difference.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sandstorm is certainly more G1 accurate than his Thrilling 30 counterpart. However, it is tough to beat the Thrilling 30 mold. I will probably be sticking with that one instead of this new one. I do like it though.
I mean, he was built off of Springer, The Greatest Transformers Toy Who Ever Lived and Can Be Anyone at Anytime.

Of course he's tough to beat.

The only reason he never got a Thunderclash repaint is that the greatness would fold in on itself, causing a spatial collapse and dragging out entire planet into a black hole, where it would suffer a quick yet agonizing death from being deprived of its sun.

You don't topple forces like that easily.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Ordered Filch. The others I can wait and see. And either get them or not. But I needed Filch.

-ZacWilliam, wanted them to do her for years and never thought it would happen.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Yeah, the Star Raiders are up for preorder at Walmart and Hasbro Pulse, with Filch being the one I've seen sellout.
Pretty good odds at her being short packed like Cosmo was (though, I can AT LEAST understand it, here). Not shipping until this summer, so I'm being prudent and taking a "wait and see" approach.

No need to tie up money in stuff that I have an even chance of getting easily later on.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Well crap. Looks like Filch is going to be an eBay exclusive. Stupid scalpers, ruining the hobby for everyone else...

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I doubt Filch had anything to do with scalpers. No reason they'd go after her more than the others. I'm guessing Filch was shortpacked.

Annoyingly, she was the only thing I truly wanted out of this set and I was thinking of grabbing Lockdown and Cannonball while I was there. Guess I won't bother grabbing anything now.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Been a crazy day here, so I completely forgot about the Stream today. Managed to get on Walmart in time to order Lockout and Ferak, but missed out on Filch. Cannonball I don't think I'll order. I have the original, so I don't NEED this new one. I may get him if I run into him in a store, though, and the mood strikes me right.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's funny seeing people so interested in Ferak when, back when the BotCon 2014 version was first unveiled, everyone and their mother considered Ferak to be the biggest waste of plastic that Fun Pub had ever made up to that point.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
It's funny seeing people so interested in Ferak when, back when the BotCon 2014 version was first unveiled, everyone and their mother considered Ferak to be the biggest waste of plastic that Fun Pub had ever made up to that point.
Might be because this Ferak has some new tooling, rather than a straight repaint?

For those that didn't watch the livestream, they confirmed wave 2 United preorders next week...unless you find them at retail first.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Filch is the only maybe for me, and I can wait and see if I ever manage to find one in person. Ferak is less than cannon fodder and I already have perfectly good toys of Lockdown and Cannonball.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
In today's stream,
  • Mark called Lockdown a Weaponizer.
  • Ferak's face is based on Floro Dery's early Cyclonus face design, which was used for the Marvel version of Cyclonus.
  • And a few mistakes were made: Mark repeatedly said Filch is from Cyberverse, and both he and BMac repeatedly mispronounced Ferak's name as "Fer-ROCK" instead of "Fair-ack".

Last edited:

Onyx

Citizen
Wave 2 is Sureshot, Gears, the Rock Lord (name?), BW Silverbolt and Sandstorm. Right? Wonder if they may slip SS86 Swoop in there as well.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Are people interested? He hasn't sold on out pulse while the three deluxes did, and he and Lockdown are still available on Walmart.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Maybe it's to stop it sounding like the Star Wars curse word?
You jest, but when I made the same post elsewhere, that board actually censored the "Fer-ROCK" part of my post because the auto-censor thought it was too close to the F-word (because I had spelled it as "Fur" at first and had to change it to "Fer" to get it uncensored). :LOL:

Last edited:

Top Bottom