Transformers Collaborative thread (Transformers X TMNT - Party Wallop)

NovaSaber

Citizen
Megatron, Bumblebee, and Soundwave all came with major GI Joe characters and not with the HISS, AWE Striker, and Thunder Machine's original drivers.

I figure Optimus Prime would come with somebody like Hawk or Duke no matter what vehicle they made him.

Magnusblitz

Citizen
Not exactly news, but Hasbro Pulse was updated with new pictures of Thunder Machine Soundwave, and figured they were snazzy enough to be worth posting here:

15hhx7301clc1.png44rdd9101clc1.png499mmu401clc1.png

kn9y6vwz0clc1.pngmou79u601clc1.pngo16knxqz0clc1.png

pg0r9suz0clc1.pngw70bh6tz0clc1.pngzednp7zz0clc1.png

Blot

Citizen
I know being as close to the original Joe vehicle took priority, but they really didn't even consider letting us optionally partsform the big antennae so it goes from Soundwave's butt to his shoulder or something?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I am really thinking about that Soundwave. He looks really nice!
I own the HISS Megatron, but still have never opened him as I really enjoy the packaging. The same reason I have never opened my JP1 Crossover set. However, both pieces value is basically non-existent since they're both on heavy clearance in a lot of places. Once I'm finished re-designing my display area, I'll probably pop both of them open to display.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
He's very cool, Gizmoboy - you should do it! I've picked up each of the G.I. Joe crossovers so far, and IMO, Soundwave is the best; he looks good in both modes. I initially felt like the Thunder Machine was the wrong choice of vehicle, but after having it a while, it sort of works. Plus, my inner 8-year-old does backflips every time I transform it.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Target Collaborative Optimus Prime w/ Autobot Bullseye

I have to say...I really dig the the Optimus deco. I can leave the trailer and Bullseye (Siege Ravage redeco), but the black/dark blue and red Optimus looks pretty sharp.
Even the Target logos are pretty restrained and easily ignored or covered up. I'll have to keep an eye for sales, but I REALLY like that deco.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I guess they realized kids won't know what a cassette is anymore and tried to do something else with Bullseye, but I'm not sure what. Is he supposed to be a sign board?

I'd also comment on them not realizing the mold is supposed to be a jaguar, not a dog, but it's not like that mistake doesn't happen all the time anyway.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Target Collaborative Optimus Prime w/ Autobot Bullseye
T_012.jpg

T_011.jpg

T_013.jpg

T_014.jpg

It's ironic that the intended use for the Volvo Prime (Amazon Prime) was supposedly cancelled due to Hasbro not wanting to favour one retailer over others, but it's fine to do so for Target?

Regardless, THIS is the type of "shop exclusive" figure (alongside the upcoming comic editions of Shockwave and Grimlock) that should be retail exclusives (rather than actual "new" releases of established characters, IMO.

These are the type of recolours that many of us can both appreciate and/or take them out leave them without FOMO.

Also:

- is Bullseye meant to change into a Target giftcard?
- Optimus' abdomen logo perhaps isn't the best one?

11.-Larson-Bummer-of-a-birthmark-Hal.jpg

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Honestly Bullseye is the best part of this IMO. The trailer with the side art is the third best. (The box is the second best.) The Optimus is the boring part being just kinda generic ok.

Bullseye turns into a Target Mailing package /flat pack to be delivered by the Optimus truck. And Hasbro absolutely knows Ravage is a Jaguar, it's just an abstract metal jaguar at that tiny size is pretty much indistinguishable from a dog so it works fine as a repaint.

-ZacWilliam, now wants a Bullseye G1 tape...

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Definitely like the deco on Prime. Bullseye is fun, though the trailer is a bit on the bland side (well, the inside of it at least). Not sure its a "preorder right this minute" sort of thing, but I may pick it up if i run into it in the store.

Shadewing

Citizen
Definitely like the deco on Prime. Bullseye is fun, though the trailer is a bit on the bland side (well, the inside of it at least). Not sure its a "preorder right this minute" sort of thing, but I may pick it up if i run into it in the store.

Yeah, any kind of interior deco would help the trailer a lot. I kinda want this set, but mostly only for Bullseye. Blaster needs another cassette.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Honestly Bullseye is the best part of this IMO. The trailer with the side art is the third best. (The box is the second best.) The Optimus is the boring part being just kinda generic ok.

Bullseye turns into a Target Mailing package /flat pack to be delivered by the Optimus truck. And Hasbro absolutely knows Ravage is a Jaguar, it's just an abstract metal jaguar at that tiny size is pretty much indistinguishable from a dog so it works fine as a repaint.

-ZacWilliam, now wants a Bullseye G1 tape...
I'll buy the Optimus off you if you don't want it ;)

Top Bottom