Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
The oranges, reds, and yellows really pop in person, too. Apparently that's all it took for me to bite after watching ThatToyGuy's review.

Shame that folks from the US can't buy from Amazon Canada since they've been selling this for below deluxe MSRP, which makes it a solid deal

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not seeing as many Backdrops as I thought I would. Come on folks, didn't any of you get the SS86 figures?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've kept of few of the ones that are good "generic backgrounds" but have been traveling/working a bunch and not able to get any good photos. Here's an old one using one of my favorites "Cybertron" backgrounds:

53032037614_705474cac0_b.jpg

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I started keeping mine when they came out, then quickly realized that was unsustainable and unnecessary.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
While I have kept my 86 backdrops, they are up in the roof currently and that is in chaos due to all of the shifting around I have done over the last couple of weeks, thou I am sort of planning a picture, but when I get around to it, thou the background will not be exactly normal in some ways, thou if I get around to it and get in the mood

Dake

Citizen
The inserts are just too small. They can barely fit one figure of their size class in a standing at attention pose.

This has sadly been my complaint as well. I wish they'd figured a way to do connectible backdrops... A generic Cybertron city-scape, or Planet of Junk-scape like Extreme Sets makes, that could be notched together.

Even the large package inserts aren't very big by themselves. I've used a couple of them in displays...

Oazpwoj.jpeg

R31pE1K.jpeg

But when I did this Rock Lords one not too long ago, I had to use one of the old backdrops that came with a GI Joe vehicle years ago.

wQ2kb4i.jpeg

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I had a generic war backdrop one before but roof leaked and it got damaged. Currently looking into a concrete textured foam card of 2x2 feet.

all else fails, could set up an aquarium I guess. Aquascaping without the aqua.

Last edited:

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So... in what can only be described as pure serendipity, I happened to be looking for a certain type of background to help me with an unrelated project (three guesses, first two don't count, and neither does the third if you pay any attention to my signature and the linked thread therein), and just happened to come across a handy little resource for G1 backdrops.

This might get me a side-eye or two, but eff it. For the thread!

Per Superquad7 there:

TFW2005.COM's OptimusTimelord has done some tremendous work with creating some backgrounds to use with figures. He's taken several key scenes from the Generation One show and extrapolated the backgrounds (often with having to do some heavy editing and such) to create the images that you'll see following this introduction and his methodology below. Basically, in the following links, you'll simply need to read through and choose the desired background(s) and then print them off either at home or at a print shop of some sort.
  1. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part One
  2. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Two
  3. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Three
  4. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Four
  5. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Five
  6. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Six
  7. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Seven
  8. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Eight
  9. G1 Cartoon Backgrounds to Use for Backdrops - Part Nine

(I added the last two links myself.)

If nothing else, I imagine if you have a good-sized monitor or TV that can display images from the innerwebs, then you can probably sit something in front of it for your figures to stand on and snap away.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not seeing as many Backdrops as I thought I would. Come on folks, didn't any of you get the SS86 figures?
I typically just scan them and toss them these days. Before I took to throwing them out quickly, I would up accumulating quite a bunch -- fortunately, a local friend was willing to take them off my hands (just had to arrange delivery).

Sometimes things work out and I open something with a relevant backdrop and there's relevant stuff that hasn't gone into storage yet, and we get fun stuff like this.
8uv39W2.jpg

I think I do still have the packaging for this team, including this box insert -- but it's not much of a backdrop.
VtXpaqC.jpg

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
So... in what can only be described as pure serendipity, I happened to be looking for a certain type of background to help me with an unrelated project (three guesses, first two don't count, and neither does the third if you pay any attention to my signature and the linked thread therein), and just happened to come across a handy little resource for G1 backdrops.

This might get me a side-eye or two, but eff it. For the thread!

Per Superquad7 there:

(I added the last two links myself.)

If nothing else, I imagine if you have a good-sized monitor or TV that can display images from the innerwebs, then you can probably sit something in front of it for your figures to stand on and snap away.

Oooh, I stumbled across those once some time ago and forgot about them. Thanks for reminding me!

Top Bottom