Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
p7bwcxznna7.jpg

That Bumblebee remains one of my favorite versions of him ever. Netflix 'Bee is great for being an actual VW and Origins is amazing and something I never thought would actually exist, but Classics BB was just a fantastic update/re-imagining and a fun toy.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Big Convoy may not have been the tallest, but he always had massive shelf presence, with the giant cannon and huge shoulder pads and all. Still lived up to the name to me.

Zephyr

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
That Bumblebee remains one of my favorite versions of him ever. Netflix 'Bee is great for being an actual VW and Origins is amazing and something I never thought would actually exist, but Classics BB was just a fantastic update/re-imagining and a fun toy.
Yeah, even without fancy things like wrist swivels or ankle tilts or a waist joint, I don't think anything will ever top this 'Bee for me. He's just a little guy, with his big ol' hoodie and Kingdom Hearts shoes. Plus, once movie 'Bee came a year later and solidified the black stripes look forever on not-solidly-G1 versions, it made this one all the nicer with the white stripes.

unluckiness

Now with pinchy claw action!
Citizen
I don't mind them too much but yeah the feet are detail less planks and the legs are just plain stumpy. It's not unfitting per se but it's doesn’t go far enough to be a modern Brawn with exaggerated proportions and not G1 enough to be Studio Series.

I'd probably feel worse about it if I got it at full price
Yeah, that Brawn was disappointing to me. The top half of robot mode looks good, but the lower body needed to be left in the oven a while longer. I know that his legs look that way because of transformation. However, they're ugly and choppy, and those floaty little feet just look weird.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Big Convoy may not have been the tallest, but he always had massive shelf presence, with the giant cannon and huge shoulder pads and all. Still lived up to the name to me.

That is very true, my copy stands upon my mixed shelf of MOSTLY large bots, thou how he placed, he pretty much eying up his rivals

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I'm not sure I ever saw Snarl in the wild. Sludge is everywhere still (in fact, I picked up my spare Sludge-to-become-Paddles during one of Target's sales). I've taken to ordering most everything I buy as the stores in my area rarely have much.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I never got this obession with this Paddles by some people as to me, it just screams about the dumbest Dinobot alt mode as they would be limited to the sea, but then to me, its not really a G1 character

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I never got this obession with this Paddles by some people as to me, it just screams about the dumbest Dinobot alt mode as they would be limited to the sea, but then to me, its not really a G1 character

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with Paddles in particular, but I've always been a big fan of the Dinobots and love seeing new members added to the team.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, that Brawn was disappointing to me. The top half of robot mode looks good, but the lower body needed to be left in the oven a while longer. I know that his legs look that way because of transformation. However, they're ugly and choppy, and those floaty little feet just look weird.
I mean, compared to his original feet...

1706681215356.png

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen

Brawn's lower legs give me SUPER third party vibes. Cannot unvibe. I've held off on getting one. The only other one I delayed getting was Beachcomber, because that was such a lateral move from the POTP one. But I went and got even that ahead of Brawn.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I was trying to recall the other day which old 3p version had a leg transformation similar to the SS86 one (I want to say that it was maybe iGear, but I can't be bothered to check). But yeah, it's clever engineering, it just doesn't translate to a particularly pleasant-looking robot mode.

Top Bottom