Hasbro PulseCon 2021 October 22nd & October 23rd

Xellos

Citizen
Was a bit surprised that the Galvatron is not out earlier. Got all the Transformers and Power Rangers Lightning stuff ordered/preordered. I have plenty of time to change my mind on most of them anyways.

Now if the chat on the livestream was not far more cringe than the lines the hosts had to perform, it would be a far more entertaining experience. Ended up turning it off instead of spending time blocking spammers like I had on previous Pulse streams.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
My full thoughts on Legacy:
Packaging is a bit busy to me, but I give them credit at doing something fresh with Transformers packaging. It's a wild display of color, but I feel confident that it will stand out at retail shelves.

As noted, I'm disappointed at the absence of the core class.
Deluxe-
Skids: looks better in posed shots and "in hand" than the first images. I like he has a good variety of weapons, and the axe/blaster is a great piece. I'm a fan of the character, but we'll see what Selects or exclusives bring us.
Kickback: Looks fine to me. I've got the entire crew at the old Legends size, but I think they've done some interesting things this time around. I like the organic wing sculpting and the Energon blades. Not sure if he's a necessity after the prior figure.
Dragstrip: He's a Stunticon. We've done the combiner thing before, and I'm not a particular fan of the group so he has not real interest to me. Love the accessories, and I'd be curious if we were to get a "Masquerade" redeco set of these guy. But not a needed purchase by me.
Arcee: She turned out a LOT better than Bulkhead (which I didn't mind to begin with!). Great sculpt and design, love the Energon weapons, as usual. I find it odd that while most of the other figures have solid pieces for "major character weapons", Arcee has none of her own. The blaster is a mess, and her "iconic arm blades" are relegated to a translucent line gimmick rather than an integral part of her design. Again, I broadly like the figure, I just find that design decision...peculiar?

I've already talked about Bulkhead, and the "in hand shots" are doing the figure good. LOVE the abundance of ports he apparently has on his back legs (and the bed of the truck mode).

Laser Prime...I'm so conflicted! The original figure and prior homages have had varying degrees of "dullness". The most exciting permutation was the Reveal the Shield version which deviated a good bit in the design. That said, I like what they're doing here. The more muted color range and increased details work well together, and by doing some simple things like painting the window panes in a different color do WONDERS to break up the robot mode. The base mode is basic, but I'm glad to see the assorted ports. The matrix feature is nice and the accessories are just fantastic. Definitely seeing some AoE in the shield and sword, and it even looks like they might combine as in that film (Was Hasbro rewatching AoE for Studio Series and some of that bled into Generations?). Scourge is all but given...but I'm might be tempted with deal or price markdown.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Also, I guess we're finally seeing impact from shipping delays. Pulse AND Entertainment Earth is setting release dates for NEXT SUMMER for Legacy stuff.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Got Ravage and Arcee ordered. Decided to skip G2 Prime (I might dig my RiD Scourge out of the box it is in, though).

Dragstrip was flat out sold out though.

Echowarrior

Citizen
Lucked out and ordered Ravage. Also preordered the fancy Galvatron plus Arcee, Bulkhead and Laser Prime.

Kup

Citizen
Ordered Ravage and Galvatron. Was gonna try and split the accessories with someone, but decided I have a display idea for the main figure so all is good.

Had to order them on two separate orders though due to an oddity with potentially moving and the two different availabilities.

Kaon

I ordered Galvatron since pulse sent Hasbro sent Ravage.

The rest I will get off of BBTS.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
Picked up Ravage and Galvatron today.

Still not sure I even want Galvatron, but I figured I better at least order him before he sells out, so I can at least take a little longer to decide.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I'm surprised Ravage hasn't sold out yet. Was expecting him to be gone within the first premium-only hour like previous years' PulseCon TF exclusives. Especially since he's listed as "Add to Cart" instead of "Pre-order".

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I'm a little surprised that Ravage did not sell out yesterday either. It's a good thing though, as it likely means that anyone that really wanted one could have gotten one. I picked him up, then saw that Legacy wave 1 was available, so I added Dragstrip, Kickback and Skids to the order. I wasn't interested in Bulkhead, Arcee or Prime, but I think that they each look good for what they are.

Octavius Prime

UT Enthusiast
Citizen
Agreed; I am astounded that Ravage, as of this moment, is still available. Even Behold! Galvatron has sold out (along with the G1-based deluxes). I guess it's the price. I effectively bought three leader class toys yesterday: Laser Optimus, Behold! Galvatron, and Ravage 🤦

I should just be happy, I guess, that Galvatron was reasonably priced

BlitzwingHaz

Citizen
Is there scheduled to be any more figures unveiled today? I really wanna see the new blitzwing but he's not out till wave 2

Xero

Citizen
Got Ravage, so that's cool. Preordered a couple of deluxes, but I think the figure that I am most intrigued by is the guy who had Boba Fett's armor...and I don't even know his name. Still waiting for dad bod Boba Fett in the black line.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Any chance that Galvatron could be restocked later? I wasn't able to preorder him last night.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Any chance that Galvatron could be restocked later? I wasn't able to preorder him last night.
I've heard them say a few times that all the PulseCon exclusives would not be restocked. I don't know if they ever clarified exactly which products that applies to, but I don't see any listing for Galvatron at BBTS, so my best guess is probably not.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Well Ravage has shown up in multiple places outside Pulse in areas outside the US. Maybe he is just in stock already and Galv isn't

Top Bottom