Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
They've said the story for this line is a multiversal crossover.

Does the plot device just give Prime characters noses?
It's the revenge of the mid-2000s! The story of Universe combined with a major gimmick from Energon!
So no Studio Series? Or are they getting a separate panel later?
We've already seen SS Starscream and Perceptor. That may well all be it until they start the hype machine for the next film (which will likely dominate the line next year)
Those are probably the core class Hot Rod, Skywarp and Iguanus
I'm terribly disappointed those and Blaster weren't shown. It's like, DUDE, they are ALL on the big promo pic! I get the feeling the new direction of Core class is fueled by the interest in 3rd Party Legends sized figures, and I'm disappointed they just didn't show the wave. I've been really impressed with the "mini me" Core figures done this year and I'm eager to see what they do with Rodimus.
What is Arcee's tire-weapon supposed to be?
The solid piece is a "blaster", while the translucent pieces are her arm blades that combine into a shield.

The Phazer

Citizen
No interest in Laser Prime, he is just ultimately the original but worse. Having said that he doesn't look terrible for modern part budgets. Scourge might be tempting if he's not miserable to get hold of being a Warmart exclusive. Dragstrip looked fine, but in lots of ways he's by far the easiest Stunticon to get right, so it remains to be seen if the rest of them are good. Kickback looked perfectly adequate, but he's kind of hard to screw up and they still did their best with the naff wing texture and giant energon tat that doesn't resemble anything in particular. Arcee is a pretty easy pass, though the mold might work as others. I don't mind the headsculpt if a transplant is easy to the Prime toy.

I think this line feels a little lost. The packaging looks pretty horrid, and the key art is naff too. Parts count continues to drag everything down. I think I'll probably pick up Dragstrip, Skids and Kickback, but that's it unless Bulkhead and Arcee end up on very heavy discount. Very silly to not show Blaster and the core class too.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
I was sort of hoping there would be another 'not really making sense but still fun' thing like the Weapon/fossilizers, that could work with anything. This line would seem perfect but nothing so far. And I still wonder what an Energon Monster is, maybe some sort of big but hollow and parts-count-few shell for a Core Class figure to be in?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was sort of hoping there would be another 'not really making sense but still fun' thing like the Weapon/fossilizers, that could work with anything. This line would seem perfect but nothing so far. And I still wonder what an Energon Monster is, maybe some sort of big but hollow and parts-count-few shell for a Core Class figure to be in?

I'm assuming that the Energon Monsters are going to be a cross between a fossilizer and Kremzeek. Colorful translucent zappy-energy-monsters that come apart into assorted energon weapons and/or blast effects and can be rebuilt into more humanoid "robot" modes.

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
-ZacWilliam, I wish we'd seen the whole first wave, all sizes. And that the line had a bit more story again.
Out of curiosity, did you watch the presentation, or just view the pictures? I ask because they talked about how all the non-Core figures will include a QR code that links to a page with a bio and tech specs. I lit up at the bio part especially. My next thought was, "ZacWilliam will be happy."

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Out of curiosity, did you watch the presentation, or just view the pictures? I ask because they talked about how all the non-Core figures will include a QR code that links to a page with a bio and tech specs. I lit up at the bio part especially. My next thought was, "ZacWilliam will be happy."

I did see that. Actually pointed them out to my brother before the presenters mentioned them. I am remaining cautiously optimistic until I can see what they end up linking to.

My brother scanned my phone when it was up on the screen and right now they just take you to a generic evergreen page with pics of Prime, BB, Megs and Starscream.

Real bios would be great. Bios with some "story content" would be even better. But I'm waiting to see what it will be.

-ZacWilliam, the fact that Core class isn't getting them threw just a little damper just be cause for the last few years there've been a handful of new guys who need bios the most at that level. Energon Monster and even Iguanus need bios a little more than Some of the bigger guys.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Out of the reveals, I'm passing on Acree & Bulkhead, neither look that good to me, Skids, Kickback, Dragstrip I'll get, OP, I'm not sure if I'll get him or not, but I can see a repaint furrier down the line into RID Scourge for that mold, to me, the G2 Optimus desgin suits Scourge better, it might be because I am use to looking at the original figure more than anything else

Sean Whitmore

Citizen
Just watching the video now; that animation of "then to now" toys really does Arcee and Bulkhead no favors.

I feel bad for the people who were looking forward to adding these to their Prime collection. But personally, as someone who's happy to consider that collection complete, I have to admit that the changes to these two make me more interested in them than if they'd been toon accurate.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Generally, I think its hard to top the original Prime toys, thou I do hope this rumoured Knockout actually knocks it out of the park in terms of desgin, I mean its the least faithful in terms of desgin to the character desgin in the show but that merely my view!

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
Dragstrip looks good, but the Stunticons were never really my thing.

Kickback also looks good but I'm happy with the legend scale (but they can be clones with Legacy being the originals). Did he really call Kickback the leader?!🤣

Arcee looks better then I expected, rumors are she'll be remolded into Road Rocket and I can see it.

i'm warming up to Bulkhead, maybe it was the pose he was in?

I think Laser Optimus looks great, his trailer was never going to be on par with the originals, will wait for a possible Scourge repaint.

-edit-
Disappointed they didn't show Iguanus.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The renders show Laser Prime has clear chest windows (though they're not the actual cab windows, no surprise there), and he's got a Matrix inside. That's a nice upgrade from the original toy.
The renders and posed shots all have a clear chest. I think the actual figure does as well, just the lighting or maybe the windows ended up a bit more opaque than the renders make it hard to see.

mx-01 archon

Citizen
The renders and posed shots all have a clear chest. I think the actual figure does as well, just the lighting or maybe the windows ended up a bit more opaque than the renders make it hard to see.

Two things between the photography and the renders - the renders tint all the details beneath the windows more blue than they actually become in real life, giving a different impression. And then in the photography, the Matrix is left out of the chest cavity for some reason, so you don't get its pop of silver and orange/gold peaking through.

ChessPieceFace

Citizen
It also looks like they misplaced the Matrix for some of the posed shots, which is another reason why I didn't notice it immediately... did they mention it in the video reveal? If so, I missed it.
F3061_PROD_TRA_LDR_OPTIMUS_0001_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpeg

Suspsy

Citizen
So far, Legacy is off to a good start. That packaging design is killer. Gonna pass on Kickback and hold off on Drag Strip, but I definitely want Skids and Bulkhead and possibly Arcee. Laser Prime is a maybe.

Kaon

I really do hope that this doesn't happen. there are hardly any GameStop's in my area anymore.

Transformers Legacy.PNG

Top Bottom