War Sci-fi Fantasy Horror Mystery Crime Thriller

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
If you want some modern fantasy crossed with Japanese horror, looks up the Garo live action franchise sometime. It was a late night drama series aimed at adults, fair warning, but in more of an actual mature way. General concept is a secret order of knights with mystic armor protecting humanity from monsters created by the dark side of humanity, made manifest, called Horrors, who possess everyday objects that have been suffused with large amounts of negative karma, and who then use humanity's vices against them in order to devour them. Certain episodes get -really- creepy, like the manhole episode, the mermaid episode, and the tree episode. There's a few anime series too, that take it to other settings. Though tbf the live action doesn't have a dub, and I think the anime series do, but they don't get as dark as some of the live action stuff, or as creative, like with the movie theater episode in season 4(Makai no Hana).

The series design was done by Keita Amemiya, famous for his Final Fantasy boss designs, and considered the Japanese Tim Burton, if that tells you anything.

D6WyP93U0AAvFIL.jpg

A couple of the openings:

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
This was just a mediocre sci-fi flick but this scene made it worth watching:

That and the three-breasted girl.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I did not like horror movies. They were too scary for me. But I do remember seeing this part of a movie when I was visiting a neighbor:

Looked like a good sci-fi horror flick, with an unusually well-armed couple.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
G1 and G2 Transformers Marvel Comics is an excellent anthology of War, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror stories:

There’s even some Mystery with the “Man of Iron” story.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Hasbro scarred me with this:

They went full horror. It was cruel, deranged, sick, nasty, gruesome, and disgusting.

I couldn’t sleep. I had nightmares.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
The Terminator was scary when I first saw it:

The practical special effects and sound effects of that time made it especially creepy and chilling.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I see the live-action movies are staying true to form and making Optimus Prime into an unhinged psychopathic murderer:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Chess is a war fantasy game that I gave up on years ago.

Many people take it very seriously but it is still just a kid’s game.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I remember it AND talk about it, and I'm not nobody!

There was some pretty good GoBots action in there!

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
Robots in Disguise 2001 is a good War Sci-fi cartoon for kids; It’s very G1-like but humorous with a much lighter tone. However, this was a questionable scene. I felt it was a violation of Ultra Magnus. No means no:

Last edited:

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I felt so sorry for Carrie in this movie:

How could they be so mean to her? The problem with these horror films is they get an actress that is too attractive to make her having no friends believable.

ooo-baby

BANNED
Citizen
I haven’t read any of this but if I were to create a reading list my best guess would be:

War: War and Peace
Sci-fi: George Orwelle
Fantasy: Alice in Wonderland
Horror: Edgar Allan Poe
Mystery: Ray Bradbury
Crime: Sherlock Holmes

Top Bottom