Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My Thrust is sitting in my PoL on BBTS waiting for Jolt to show up.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
I know this Road Ranger is based on the E-Hobby RR, but was there ever a reason given that he wasn't in the original Road Ranger's colors? This one does look good, but as one of those kids who subbed in the original as Prime once I lost mine, I'd dig the red and blue scheme.
He is based off the hobby that’s why he’s black

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Sometimes I miss e-Hobby, but

I love that they went to the trouble of giving every version of the Huffer/Pipes mold different headsculpts. Even when the characters are based on the same original toy sculpt, they go with slightly different interpretations to really sell them as different characters.

Yeah. These are absolute nobodies but they still got a better treatment than 'easy filler repaint'. There was some effort here.

And for normal prices.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
I’m really hoping we get the rest. We already have a new warpath mold and we’re getting a new cosmos

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Something I cooked up this evening with one of my two new arrivals:

51552519905_8f2d709638_b.jpg

51551607711_831bcb2801_b.jpg

51552519885_37c71b7c19_b.jpg

51552323524_33ab1ee848_b.jpg

51552323499_219918a3b0_b.jpg

51552323479_b19913bae0_b.jpg

Can you guess the references in Hot Rod's singing/thoughts? 😁

Noideaforaname

Stone and Sky
Citizen
It's pretty disappointing how Road Ranger is marketed as us finally getting a GoBots crossover, but he looks nothing like the actual GoBot that's supposedly crossing over. We've gotten a couple 'proper' GoBot homages over the years, surely a red-and-blue semi truck isn't out of the question (even if the exact details might be). Kiiinda feels like maybe it's less a legal thing and more a "just blindly copying the Wiki" thing.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Like Bug Bite before him, the homage is not to the Tonka Gobots and designs, but to the eHobby "Minibots in new color schemes as Gobot characters" pack. And that's totally fine by me. It's not so much "blindly copying" as a deliberate effort that just goes in a different direction.

Wish we'd get the rest. The Warpath mold is right there!

(I do get the disappointment with going so hard on the "finally a crossover" angle. Then again they did push Victory Saber by saying it's "the first Japanese canon Transformers figure by Hasbro" and a venture into "the Japanese anime side of Transformers that has never come to the U.S. before.", which is... uh.)

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Like Bug Bite before him, the homage is not to the Tonka Gobots and designs, but to the eHobby "Minibots in new color schemes as Gobot characters" pack. And that's totally fine by me. It's not so much "blindly copying" as a deliberate effort that just goes in a different direction.

Wish we'd get the rest. The Warpath mold is right there!

(I do get the disappointment with going so hard on the "finally a crossover" angle. Then again they did push Victory Saber by saying it's "the first Japanese canon Transformers figure by Hasbro" and a venture into "the Japanese anime side of Transformers that has never come to the U.S. before.", which is... uh.)
It's especially odd since they were so coy about Bug Bite's origins in his Hasbro Pulse description completely neglecting to mention anything about his past altogether.

MorganDfX

Photographer/3H Fan
Citizen
It's especially odd since they were so coy about Bug Bite's origins in his Hasbro Pulse description completely neglecting to mention anything about his past altogether.
Cause this isn’t fully gobot Bugbite. And who gives two shits about the descriptions off pulse lmao. Anyways, More fans want the Ehobby set re done than just plain old gobots. Below will be my Gobots so far and the Ehobby 6 pack CA2C1353-8F96-4235-9D3D-D20CA22A0941.jpeg26D3AA59-69D4-4C5D-8210-F0354FCC9C72.jpeg2EC72A1A-3029-41F4-9CAC-39D47F462886.jpeg

The Phazer

Citizen

I wondered if they had at least tried to get VW to approve the Bee tooling instead and had been vague in the hope of being unobjectionable.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Selects Bug Bite is just such an oddity overall, also somehow ending up with the only use iirc of the Mercenary packaging. Kinda cool actually.

Top Bottom