Transformers Legacy toyline

Cybersnark

Citizen
Beast Machines is one of the lines where I'd actually want the RED series to cover it. The Vehicons are one thing, but no physical toy will ever be able to capture the transmorphing of the Maximals (and given the plot, I kinda see show-accuracy as important here; the Maximals were something completely new, not just another line of folded-up-robots).

I'd be perfectly happy with articulated figures in beast/robot two-packs.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
FWIW, and YMMV, but our 2 nearest Walgreens both finally got some Minerva stock in. Oddly (or not so oddly) enough, the price tag was for Kingdom Red Alert, but one store had 5 Minervas stocked there. The other store had 5 Red Alerts and 3 Minervas. Neither store had these at Christmas time, and the first store had them in a "seasonal" aisle with summer goods, while the second had them on an end cap near the pharmacy, several aisles away from the normal toy aisle. If you're still trying to get Minerva, you might check your local Walgreens again, and just kind of look around...

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Meanwhile I just ordered her off the website this morning for in-store pickup.

With my luck, whenever she arrives at my local Walgreens for pickup, they'll have 50 of her on the shelves.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I really do like her deco more than I expected to. Although I don't like the vehicle mode as much for her (works much better as the intended Elita-1), the robot mode is pretty nice - even with the loss of the headmaster feature. Glad to hear that she's finally hitting the shelves.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Beast Machines is one of the lines where I'd actually want the RED series to cover it. The Vehicons are one thing, but no physical toy will ever be able to capture the transmorphing of the Maximals (and given the plot, I kinda see show-accuracy as important here; the Maximals were something completely new, not just another line of folded-up-robots).

I'd be perfectly happy with articulated figures in beast/robot two-packs.
I agree about the Maximals. They would come out much better in a RED capacity than trying to make actual toys that match the look of the characters. BlastPunch primal was the only toy of the Maximals that actually pulled off the look and feel of the cartoon.

I have to admit though, the Vehicons are what I'm really wanting. Imagine that. :geek:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
BlastPunch primal was the only toy of the Maximals that actually pulled off the look and feel of the cartoon.
A pity he was stuck with Optimal Optimus's colors instead of his own proper cartoon colors.

I am still baffled that not even Takara gave him the right colors in their Beast Wars Returns release.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
I really do like her deco more than I expected to. Although I don't like the vehicle mode as much for her (works much better as the intended Elita-1), the robot mode is pretty nice - even with the loss of the headmaster feature. Glad to hear that she's finally hitting the shelves.

Yeah, her alt mode is the one thing I don't really like about her. And its not that she's not a porche or anything; its just that the car mode just doesn't look that good at all imo.

Glitch

Citizen
Legacy Evolution Wave 2
Grimlock is like Classic Pretender Grimlock, a brick.
Crashbar, Prowl and Shrapnel are nice figures, it's great to see Animated get some love.
Metalhawk could have done with some extra deco on his chest and a metallic silver sword.
Can't wait for Skyquake to arrive.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Well, this came out of nowhere. Ariel and Dion War Dawn 2-pack.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Speculation is that its Legacy Arcee and '86 Kup for the retools, which... that won't stop me from buying this, but man does that sap a lot of my enthusiasm. Already have Legacy Arcee, Flame War and Orion Pax, so I've had my fill of those molds.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I absolutely love how many Pre-Earth Cartoon designs we've been getting. I am going to need this to make a display with Orion, Alpha Trion, BB, Jazz, (hopefully) Guardian robot, and maybe WFCs Soundwave and Laserbeak.

-ZacWilliam, they need to do the Dropkick drones and their Shipping Crate Warriors to complete War Dawn

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Embedding the pics:

rTVfc1l.jpg

XPaMII0.jpg

Top Bottom