LGBTQ+ Transformers fan thread

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
I hope this is relevant and isn't offensive. I apologise if my post uses any incorrect language. Please let me know if I need to make any changes/remove this post and I will.

In that spirit, I've popped my main text behind a spoiler, in order to avoid upsetting anyone in advance, which I hope is due diligence.

I just noticed that Road Rocket is/was a male bot with an (arguably) "masculine" figure that now has a "feminine" sculpt (and/or is now a female), whereas Burn Out is a female character which had a (fairly?) "feminine" figure but now has a boxy, "masculine" body.

Burnout and Road Rocket.png

What does anyone think? I rather liked having a few "butch" females, like that 3P version of Strika (itself a remold of Roadbuster) and even some slimmer male figures (Rattrap?) but for me, Road Rocket is always a beefier male, whereas I like the slightly more feminine/lithe sculp of the previous (and MP) version of Burn Out.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
For me, it depends on the media portrayal. Like, I have to see it in a cartoon.

Like, I absolutely adore Clobber in Cyberverse. She's so sweet for a thug and she had fun chemistry with Hot Rod. She was a main character for a while so I got to know and loved her. I know she should have been Lugnut (my absolute fave in Animated) but, well, what can you do.

I hated that Cosmos was a cute female cuz they kept the name. They should have used the other female Transformers from the comics. Buuuuut no doubt I would have liked her if she had more than one episode and was practically a cameo.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Welp.... Not exactly a revelation to me(I've known for over 3 and a half decades), but MIGHT be to some of you, but I'm a closeted trans lesbian.
Please excuse me, but doesn't being closeted, at the very least, lead to many LGBQT+ people having far superior wardrobes? ;)

(I'm get my drab, hetro coat...)

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Thanks for your support. I've got a LOT of stuff to work through before I can even begin to come out IRL. Mostly anxiety, but also decades worth of unhealthy coping mechanisms to unlearn(lot of avoidant tendancies, etc.).

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
I hear ya. I've still not told anyone outside of here and my partner (my family and coworkers don't know) and haven't really pursued much public out-ness in how I present myself.

Ya just gotta take it at your own pace and know that you are who you are by default. You don't lose queer points for being cautious or hesitant.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Well, now you have a great reason to restock that wardrobe with better fitting garments.

Spoken like a true Doctor!
jeremyenecio_bbc_home_web.jpg

- https://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-best...es/#worst-the-second-doctor-patrick-troughton

And to keep the analogy more on-topic (or for those unfamiliar with DW) :

- https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/sci-fi/doctor-who-positive-lgbt/

- https://www.cbr.com/russell-t-davies-doctor-who-lgbtq-representation/

- https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Queer_representation_in_Doctor_Who

...You don't lose queer points for being cautious or hesitant...

There's a scoring system?

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Great news for old (rich?) peeps in the UK

5554.jpg

‘I knew I wanted to stay here for the rest of my life’: How London got its first LGBTQ+ retirement community.

...Tonic Housing is the UK’s first LGBTQ+ affirmative retirement community run by and for the community. As well as the roof garden with riverside views, the building – designed by Norman Foster – has a lounge, floating garden, cafe, restaurant and roof bar, too. Since its first resident moved in a year ago, five of the 19 units are now occupied, and three more retirees are moving in this month...

Research conducted by Tonic found that of 624 LGBTQ+ Londoners aged over 50 surveyed, only 1% would consider moving to a general retirement scheme; but more than half would be interested in LGBTQ+ specific provision. And while in this country the idea still feels novel...[t]he Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Germany, the US and Canada already have similar housing options...

(Full story: - https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...ndon-got-its-first-lgbtq-retirement-community )

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
There's a paranoid part of me that thinks that might be a VERY bad idea. Gives those who want to do physical harm to the LGBTQ+ community a massive target for an attack.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
In other news... (Spoiler'd as it might be potentially upsetting)

Japan PM sacks close aide for his anti-LGBT remarks.

Japan-lgbt-law-human-right.jpg

Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida said Saturday he has sacked a close aide after discriminatory remarks he recently made against sexual minorities came to light...

...Kishida, who has recently struck a cautious note about legally recognizing same-sex marriage, had told reporters earlier Saturday that the comments by Masayoshi Arai, who serves as one of his executive secretaries, "cannot but force" the Cabinet to consider his future.

"Executive secretary Arai's remarks totally contradict the government's policy and are inexcusable," said Kishida.

Arai later apologized and withdrew the comments after Japanese media made them public. He said the remarks did not reflect Kishida's own thinking...

Last edited:

The Doctor Who

Now With Sheffield Steel!
Citizen
It's not necessarily a bad idea to create retirement housing for LGBT folks. Like, it's probably going to be less LGBT-only and more 'be nice to the gays if you want to live here'. The main threat these sort of organizations usually face aren't violent, but political and economic.

Bigots will fight the construction of the facilities, use social pressure to deny it funding, invent/engineer incidents to make it unpopular to the public. All the usual BS that minority groups who try to carve out some safe space always face.

Still worth trying, though. Like, the more you push, the more likely it'll stick eventually.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
...The main threat these sort of organizations usually face aren't violent, but political and economic.

Bigots will fight the construction of the facilities, use social pressure to deny it funding, invent/engineer incidents to make it unpopular to the public. All the usual BS that minority groups who try to carve out some safe space always face...
From the limited amount of the articles that I read (above), one of the main reasons for such housing was economic. This was due to LGBQT+ people being refused housing by bigoted landlords/banks/etc in the "regular" (sic) housing/economic market.

Personally, I think having LGBQT people anywhere is always a "plus"... ;)

Top Bottom