2D/3D art The most accurately coloured G1 animation models online!

D.M

Citizen
All the G1 cartoon model refs anyone would ever need in one place! AND in colour! The most accurately coloured models online! Product of a long time sampling of Toei's cel-vinyl colours and of painstaking analysis of DVD screengrabs + available scans of animation cels! :)

So, first off...

-The sheets looking like this showcase final models with final colours and, when available, final transformation charts:
xSWCo6d.jpg

The ones coloured per production colour guides (many of which were unearthed by James Eatock: https://twitter.com/cerealgeek) will be marked with an asterisk. Those that aren't may be updated at some point in the future.

-The sheets looking like this showcase reproductions of the, at times very odd, colour schemes that Akom used:
i539SGL.jpg

-The sheets looking like this showcase the early colour schemes. Ones coloured per early colour guides are marked with an asterisk:
m33pioa.jpg

Special thanks to James Eatock, Walruslaw and UndertakerPrime for providing material and Chris CHCHCHCH for helping out. As well as to Gundamlnu for acquiring and digitizing colour charts utilized by Marvel Productions & Toei Doga.

Now lets begin...
SEASON 0 (pre-show commercials)
AUTOBOTS:

DECEPTICONS:

SEASON 1
AUTOBOTS:

Gallery:

DECEPTICONS:
Gallery:

SEASON 2
AUTOBOTS:

Gallery:

DECEPTICONS:
Gallery:

HIcpFFv.png

Gallery:

SEASON 3
AUTOBOTS:

Gallery:

DECEPTICONS:
Gallery:

NEXT: SEASON 4

BONUS:

CHANGELOG:
12-Feb-'22 - MASSIVE UPDATE! A member of Dragon Ball fandom has obtained and digitized HUGE portion of Toei's colour palette. In light of this, ALL sheets have been updated. (Well, all except the size charts. I'll get to those at some point in the future)
20-Feb-'22 - Quick update, corrected a small error on early Soundwave colour schemes sheet.
09-Mar-'22 - Daniel in a exosuit sheet updated to feature final model of the vehicle mode.
09-May-'22 -
NEW STUFF:
1. The pre-show models used in the early commercials.
2. S1: "More than Meets the Eye" (the two workers from part 1), "SOS Dinobots" (dinosaurs + memory component), Space Bridge Transport Vehicle.
3. S2: "Megatron's Master Plan" (The Mayor, Guards, Berger...), "Desertion of the Dinobots - Part 2" (Ancient Autobots & Decepticons), "The Key to Vector Sigma" (Centurion Robot, Drone, Vector Sigma and The Key)
4. TF:TM: Early Arcee, Early Hot-Rod, Akom Galvatron.

Removed: TF:TM colourings and models utilizing a different colour chart (Prowl, Blitzwing, last two Rodimus figures, last Blurr figure, last two Kup figures). These turned out to be for the Japanese picture books, not for the movie.

The scale charts are now in the Imgur galleries.

11-May-'22 - Fixed the season 1 Autobot scale chart. I accidentally made some of the Autobots too big and forgot to add Gears.
18-Feb-'23 - A colour chart featuring DOZENS of missing Toei cel-vinyl colours has showed up which necessitated update and re-evaluation of some sheets. So, the following's been updated:
SEASON 0 - Decepticons:
-Seeker sheets

SEASON 1 - Autobots:

-Chip Chase
-Cybertron modes
-Swoop
-Hound
-Ironhide
-Early Ironhide
-MTMTE Workers
-Ratchet
-Sparkplug
-Spike
-Akom variant of Spike & Chip
-Trailbreaker
-Early Bluestreak
-Early Brawn
-Early Optimus
-Scale charts
NEW:
-Optimus Prime's energy ax

SEASON 1 - Decepticons:
-Generic Decepticon sheets (seekers and tapes)
-Rumble
-Thundercracker
-Akom variant of Thundercracker
-Scale chart
NEW:
-Megatron's energy flail
-Megatron's buzzsaw and gun "hands"

SEASON 2 - Autobots:
-
Alpha Trion
-Auggie Cahnay
-Poplock, Raoul & Rocksteady
-Blaster
-Carly
-Cosmos
-Moonracer
-Prince Jumal
-Warpath
-B.O.T kids
-DESERTION OF THE DINOBOTS part 2
-HOIST GOES TO HOLLYWOOD
-MEGATRON'S MASTER PLAN
-Early Tracks
-Scale chart
NEW:
-Autobot X

SEASON 2 - Decepticons:
-Astrotrain
-Blitzwing
-Blast Off
-Brawl
-Bruticus
-Onslaught
-Swindle
-Dirge
-Thrust
-Early Thrust
-Dead End
-Motormaster
-DESERTION OF THE DINOBOTS part 2
-MEGATRON'S MASTER PLAN sheets
-WAR DAWN
-Scale chart

THE MOVIE:
-Arcee
-Early Arcee
-Cyclonus
-Early Cyclonus
-Daniel
-Hot-Rod
-Early Hot-Rod
-Allicon
-Bailiff
-Quintesson Judge
-Quintesson Prosecutor
-Ratbat
-Rodimus Prime
-Early Rodimus
-Ultra Magnus
-Unicron
-Wreck Gar
-Early Wreck-Gar
-Character scale chart
NEW:
-Executioner
-Battle damaged Megatron
-Battle damaged Optimus Prime
-Deactivated Optimus Prime

SEASON 3 - Autobots:
-Broadside
-Early Broadside
-Carly
-Metroplex
-Akom Metroplex
-Six-Gun
-Rodimus Prime
-Akom Rodimus
-The Witwickys
-Chase
-Freeway
-Goldbug
-CHAOS characters
-Scale chart
NEW:
-Beta

SEASON 3 - Decepticons:

-Octane
-All Predacon sheets
-Early Predaking
-Skuxxoid
-All Terrorcon sheets

26-Apr-'23 - UPDATED: Early Arcee (recently uncovered model added) and Early Wreck-Gar (better quality line art for the robot mode) sheets.
NEW: THE COSMIC RUST sheets in S2 Autobot gallery, THE GAMBLER sheets in both Autobot and Decepticon S2 galleries

20-Jun-'23 - All galleries have been moved to Imgchest due to functionality issues at Imgur (gallery reordering was broken, galleries would automatically get labeled as NSFW with no option to counter that, uploads failing etc, none of which the current management of the website seemed to care to fix).

Anyway,
NEW stuff:
-Pre-final sheets for Grimlock, Slag and Sludge. All 3 based on their first commercial appearance.
-Pre-final Reflector sheet
-Pre-final Unicron sheet
-Pre-final Ultra Magnus sheet
-Pipes
-Swerve
-Tailgate

PLUS, as a bonus, I've added a link to index gallery of other model sheet galleries that I've done over the time. :)

23-Jul'-'23 - An error has been brought to my attention on Gear's main sheet. The back is now correctly coloured.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I didn't realize there were so many differences between seasons. This is fascinating.

GAUGE

Citizen
Unicron puzzles me a little honestly. There are animation cells out there showing some differences in his colors.

Attachments

• EVuFhZtXkAIGR2B.jpg
    EVuFhZtXkAIGR2B.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 199

D.M

Citizen
Unicron puzzles me a little honestly. There are animation cells out there showing some differences in his colors.
Some scanners can throw colours off. Some little bit, some a lot. Here's a same cel scanned with two scanners:
9F6XbR6.jpg

8iFCfDi.jpg

In fact, here's a cel of Unicron from same sequence as Protoman's:
JBTmUGO.jpg

3rWVDTL.jpg

Occasionally I revise some colours on the chart as more well scanned Toei cels come in (mainly the rarely used colours), but as far as Unicron goes, I've got the colour guide for him and I'm pretty confident there's no further work required on him.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Some scanners can throw colours off. Some little bit, some a lot. Here's a same cel scanned with two scanners:
9F6XbR6.jpg

8iFCfDi.jpg
Are we certain that the differences in color between these two are strictly the fault of scanners and not just the two already being of different color quality? Comparing the two Ravages, the top one with the cooler colors has a warm-colored pinkish-purple Decepticon symbol, while the warmer-colored bottom one has a cool-colored grayish-blue Decepticon symbol. That doesn't strike me as an effect of scanning.

D.M

Citizen
Quick update - see change log.

Are we certain that the differences in color between these two are strictly the fault of scanners and not just the two already being of different color quality? Comparing the two Ravages, the top one with the cooler colors has a warm-colored pinkish-purple Decepticon symbol, while the warmer-colored bottom one has a cool-colored grayish-blue Decepticon symbol. That doesn't strike me as an effect of scanning.
It's literally the same exact animation cel.

Dito50

Citizen
All the G1 cartoon model refs anyone would ever need in one place! AND in colour! The most accurately coloured models online! Product of a long time sampling of Toei's cel-vinyl colours and of painstaking analysis of DVD screengrabs + available scans of animation cels! :)

So, first off...

-The sheets looking like this showcase final models with final colours and, when available, final transformation charts:
xSWCo6d.jpg

The ones coloured per production colour guides (many of which were unearthed by James Eatock: https://twitter.com/cerealgeek) will be marked with an asterisk. Those that aren't may be updated at some point in the future.

-The sheets looking like this showcase reproductions of the, at times very odd, colour schemes that Akom used:
i539SGL.jpg

-The sheets looking like this showcase the early colour schemes. Ones coloured per early colour guides are marked with an asterisk:
m33pioa.jpg

Special thanks to James Eatock, Walruslaw and UndertakerPrime for providing material and Chris CHCHCHCH for helping out.

Now lets begin...

L3OC2Ey.png

qqd20CS.png

Gallery:

Size charts:

vgMAYq3.png

Gallery:

Size charts:

d2Gi5pX.png

qqd20CS.png

Gallery:

Size chart:
(NOTE: Aerialbots are omitted because scale chart for them has yet to show up online. Same goes for season 2 minibots)

vgMAYq3.png

Gallery:

Size chart:
(NOTE: Stunticons are omitted because scale chart for them has yet to show up online.)

HIcpFFv.png

Gallery:

IYNZ6RH.jpg

LFKhC3H.png

qqd20CS.png

Gallery:

vgMAYq3.png

Gallery:

eJCrTG8.jpg

NEXT: SEASON 4

CHANGELOG:

14-Oct-'19: Updated early Ravage sheet. Had to revise a set of Toei colours as better samples showed up online.
06-Dec-'19: Updated Spike (normal and Akom variant) and Sparkplug due to revision of YR1 colour (used for their shirt)
10-Dec-'19: SEASON 2 models added!
11-Dec-'19: Fixed Devastators size on the season 1 Decepticon scale chart
13-Dec-'19: Due to revision of a set of colours, Ariel, Elita One and Karen Fishook have been updated
14-Dec-'19: Due to revision of ANOTHER set of colours, the following have been updated:
Early Ironhide
Early Optimus
Akom Optimus
Early Ratchet
Skyfire
BOT cast
Carly
HOIST GOES TO HOLLYWOOD cast
Prince Jumal
Early Megatron
Ravage
Early Ravage
Early Shockwave
Early Starscream
Akom Starscream
Early Thundercracker & Skywarp

01-Jan-'20 - Revised Constructicons
29-Feb-'20 - Revised Ratchet (head shots added) and added his transformation chart
16-May-'20 - Updated Wheeljack and Moonracer due to revision of colour "I-1" (light green).
17-May-'20 - Updated Early Brown and Sentinel Robot due to revision of colour "O-1" (light grayed blue).
15-Jul-'20 - Updated Bluestreak (final & early) and early Cliffjumper due to revision of colour "B-2" (light pinkish orange).
20-Jul-'20 - Another update due to colour revision. This time around CB 1, 2 and 3 (the light grayish blue). Anyway, the following are updated: Huffer (final and early sheet), Early Hound sheet, Sideswipe, Early Ravage sheet, Reflector, Rumble, Early Soundwave sheet, Air Raid, First Aid, Groove, Poplock - Raoul & Rocksteady, Chromia, Skids and Decepticon Warrior Robots (War Dawn).
28-Jul-'20 - TF:TM models added!
Also, I've added generic Decepticons to season 1 Decepticon gallery.
09-Aug-'20 - Added Early Sharkticon sheet and I've revised the following: Wheelie, Quintesson Judge, Quintesson Prosecutor.
13-Aug-'20 - Added "the welcoming committee" and the "rainmakers" generic Decepticons to season 1 gallery.
09-Oct-'20 - Just a small fix on upper view of Starscream's plane mode.
13-Apr-'21 - TF:TM sheets updates: Updated colouring on toy like Kups, last figure on pre-final Blurr, two last figures on pre-final Rodimus sheet, alt Prowl and added alternate colouring for Blitzwing.
20-Jun-'21 - Updated Arcee. Now her "skin" perfectly matches the animation cel.
28-Jun-'21 - Added pre-final Springer and Wreck-Gar.
30-Jun-'21 - Made a slight update to Wheelie sheets and early Sharkticon sheet.
23-Jul-'21 - Fixed Buzzsaw (I forgot to change the beak to yellow).
10-Sep-'21 - Updated the early Blurr sheet.
11-Sep-'21 - Due to revision of colours RP-4 and RP-5 the following have been updated: Alpha Trion, Prince Jumal, pre-final Smokescreen, Dead End, Menasor, Arcee, pre-final Rodimus Prime, Kranix, Lithonians.
14-Sep-'21 - Due to revision of colour X-61, the following are updated: Hoist goes to Hollywood sheet (also updated Harold's shirt), Prince Jumal (yeah, again).
10-Oct-'21 - SEASON 3 SHEETS ADDED
16-Nov-'21 - Season 1, 2nd Generic Decepticon Seekers sheet has been revised due to an error.
12-Feb-'22 - MASSIVE UPDATE! A member of Dragon Ball fandom has obtained and digitized HUGE portion of Toei's colour palette. In light of this, ALL sheets have been updated. (Well, all except the size charts. I'll get to those at some point in the future)
20-Feb-'22 - Quick update, corrected a small error on early Soundwave colour schemes sheet.
What about Outback, Pipes, Tailgate, Swerve, etc.? Especially Outback

FanofCoolStuff27

Citizen
What about Outback, Pipes, Tailgate, Swerve, etc.? Especially Outback
The line art for them hasn't surfaced yet and the models that were published in The Ark books were some of the many that Bill Forster traced and/or made touch ups on to make more presentable for the books, so the line art isn't original and kinda iffy. In the case of Pipes and Swerve, the models for them that were published in The Ark books also weren't their finals, so there's a lot more needing to be found. So far the only trace we have of Swerve and Pipes' final models were from an old auction, but they were the coloured cels not the line art.
G1-Pipes-model-comparison.jpg
G1-Swerve-model-comparison.jpg

RodimusKyiv

Citizen
Thanks for the awesome work! I coloured a lot of G1 character models myself here https://www.transformers.kiev.ua/index.php?pageid=g1encyclopedia (not all pictures are of the same quality, since I do not know Photoshop perfectly) But now I don't have time for that at all. And I am glad that someone has completed all 3 seasons of G1.

But what about A3 (young version of Alpha Trion) and Beta (A3's second in command, female bot) from the episode Forever is a long time coming? Primacron is important character too (Grimlock's new brain). And characters from the transformers past (Five faces of Darkness, pt 4)

Also it would be great to have models of Alana, Nightbird, Deceptitran and Nergill from the season 2.

D.M

Citizen
New updates! See the change log. :)

Thanks for the awesome work! I coloured a lot of G1 character models myself here https://www.transformers.kiev.ua/index.php?pageid=g1encyclopedia (not all pictures are of the same quality, since I do not know Photoshop perfectly) But now I don't have time for that at all. And I am glad that someone has completed all 3 seasons of G1.

But what about A3 (young version of Alpha Trion) and Beta (A3's second in command, female bot) from the episode Forever is a long time coming? Primacron is important character too (Grimlock's new brain). And characters from the transformers past (Five faces of Darkness, pt 4)

Also it would be great to have models of Alana, Nightbird, Deceptitran and Nergill from the season 2.

Out of all of those I only have a low rez scan of Nergill. I might try to Ai upscale it and if that goes well I'll include it in next batch of updates (whenever that may be).

FanofCoolStuff27

Citizen
I take it you're saving a lot of the s3 AKOM colour schemes for your s4 releases alongside their Targetmaster partners? (e.g. final Kup in pre-final colours, Hot Rod in pre-final Rodimus colours, etc).

Top Bottom