Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Color would go a long way on these designs. This is looking like the least colorful movie cast yet, and that is the exact opposite of what's needed right now.

SHIELD Agent 47

Citizen
Color would go a long way on these designs. This is looking like the least colorful movie cast yet, and that is the exact opposite of what's needed right now.
Oh god, it just hit me that this movie could apply the sepia filter to things in Peru because Peru = Mexico in movie stereotypes.

I really hope the final result is as balanced as the trailer makes me hope.

Fenix Twilight

Citizen
I definitely like how RotB Airazor looks over the Studio Series toy, though that might be because I'm going to headcanon her as TM2 or maybe BM Airazor.

Now RotB Cheetor, something kept bothering me about him, familiar but not Cheetor and I couldn't figure it out until I remembered a tweet about Tasmania Kid imagining himself with a cheetah mode from the first episode and well... https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tasmania_Kid#Beast_Wars_II_cartoon

Just needs some Beige? White? Cream? Whatever color that is, you get the point.

The Phazer

Citizen
There is NO US Toy Fair in February, anymore. It’s been moved into a late September spot (likely because most new stuff for a new year starts shipping BEFORE Toy Fair is traditionally held).

Presumably, Hasbro will have some sort of presentation is show off the slate of products as we saw with the Indiana Jones stuff last week. Entertainment Earth’s “Drop Zone” indicates a “beast of a drop”, so I’m hoping it‘s a bit more on the nose than some of the other hints they’ve given.

Then again, they also have Dungeons and Dragons which has quite a few “beasts” of their own and their movie is sooner to see release.

I think it's highly unlikely Hasbro will be making any D&D announcements in the near future.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I think it's highly unlikely Hasbro will be making any D&D announcements in the near future.
Except for the fact they have partnership with Paramount to promote the multimillion dollar movie due in a couple months.
Regardless of the mess Wizards of the Coast is making right now, the toy guys still have cartoon and movie toys to try and sell to fans.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Silver Optimus has posted more information on the toyline, mostly from his native country. But it does help “fill in the blanks” on some details. He’s also reporting information regarding a “Beast mode Optimus PRIME”.

Humorously, Hasbro seems to have a Core Deluxe (aka, not Studio Series) Bumblebee on the docket. Should make for a fun comparison with the (IMO) iffy Studio Series release.

The Phazer

Citizen
SS Cheetor. https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/01/24...se-of-the-beasts-studio-series-cheetor-473999

Hasbro's decision to delay announcing this toy by a week paying dividends again I see...

I think the mold looks fun, but in a way he actually transforms even less than the average Cheetor figure, and, well, Hasbro must have had a lot of brown plastic lying around this year. In a way, that's good - again, I will just be looking for toys in this line to use as new characters, so the less this looks like Cheetor the better really, but who knew the movie line's disdain for anything looking the way it's established to look would extend to species of animals at this point. He's a brown panther rather than cheetah.

This guy in particular is *very* transmetal if you put a bit of shiny paint on his alt mode somewhere.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hm. Much like the Airazor, I vastly prefer the mainline figure to the more movie-accurate Studio Series. This one is very off putting to me in some way that I can't quite put my finger on.

Lobjob

Citizen
Its a wild interpretation of Cheetor, and I'm here for it, but i can't help but think future uses of these figures are gonna have to have more distinct color schemes.

Robogeek1973

An oldie but a goodie!
Citizen
I was never a fan of standing a beast up and putting the head in the chest for "transformation" when it was done on a Deluxe figure.

I'm liking it even less on a Voyager one.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I was never a fan of standing a beast up and putting the head in the chest for "transformation" when it was done on a Deluxe figure.

I'm liking it even less on a Voyager one.

That pretty much how most beast formers are from Beast Wars, only a few bots don't do that, unlike vehicles, they intend to make use of the beast mode legs where they can, sure it seems like cheating but if they were real living machines, I'm pretty sure they would use beast mode legs, if the land is very rough, a vehicle mode, wouldn't be ideal for exploring such rough land, while legs would enable them to move more freely across rough land and get up where a vehicle cannot go.

The Phazer

Citizen
That pretty much how most beast formers are from Beast Wars, only a few bots don't do that, unlike vehicles, they intend to make use of the beast mode legs where they can, sure it seems like cheating but if they were real living machines, I'm pretty sure they would use beast mode legs, if the land is very rough, a vehicle mode, wouldn't be ideal for exploring such rough land, while legs would enable them to move more freely across rough land and get up where a vehicle cannot go.

Literally the only significant (i.e. not a happy meal or something) Cheetor toys to do it that I can think of are the Beast Machines toys, and it wasn't exactly beloved at the time.

I think there's enough other transformation here that I don't hate it, but I really didn't like when they made Rippersnapper's transformation "just his robot mode arms" in POTP so I get the objection.

Edit: I guess the TM2 one did as well, so maybe it's a bit more common than I recall. That TM2 toy was also rubbish though.

Last edited:

Lobjob

Citizen
The more I look at these, the more I think I'm gonna have to bust the paints out for these.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Official Image  of Transformers Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Cheetor Toy (15)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Image  of Transformers Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Cheetor Toy (14)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Image  of Transformers Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Cheetor Toy (13)__scaled_600.jpg
Official Image  of Transformers Rise Of The Beasts Studio Series Cheetor Toy (11)__scaled_600.jpg

If they repainted both the regular and SS versions of Cheetor as other characters (Nightprowler, Shadow Panther, etc), that would a great way to enjoy all the recent molds as a different character...

In other news...

GS20230125051414.gif

Top Bottom