Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Getting kind of a Cybertronian-equivalent-of-Triple H vibe here...

View attachment 11443

It's like they wanted to cosplay as the entire main cast of the live action MOTU film all at once, including Castle Grayskull.

Masters of All the Things.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I bet that Cheator would look even nicer if they changed the shade of blue and gave him more yellow with black spots upon the legs

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I mean, I think there ARE places for improvement on the color side. The existing toy is fine, though, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wouldn’t have preferred a richer yellow, and more distinctive eyes.

Speaking of our spotted friend, more images from the Australia zoo that had the promotional tie in with the film. Easily, the best look we’ve gotten of Cheetor’s finalized beast mode and some good looks at Rhinox and Airrazor. Also seems to confirm that this Cheetor toy was based on concept material rather than the final model (as if that hasn’t become obvious by this point).

allion

Citizen
Better look at Ariazor and Rhinox

Attachments

• Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Beasts-Maximals-13.jpg
    Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Beasts-Maximals-13.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Beasts-Maximals-08.jpg
    Transformers-Rise-Of-The-Beasts-Maximals-08.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 81

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Our insider sleuther JtPrime dropped a minor tidbit over at TFW in regards to some release changes (TBC):
Reportedly, Studio Series wave 1 2023 will just a solid 2x case of Rise of the Beasts Scourge, with Optimus Primal kicked all the way to wave 3 (Wave 2 is reportedly SS86 Snarl). This would put Primal hitting retail later this fall.

I’m wondering if he wasn’t delayed to make some last minute changes? It’s worth noting that all the gimmick toys we’ve seen of Primal, he has had the cartoon’s “open faceplate mouth”. The film’s trailer, however, portrayed his robot mode with a full faceplate like Optimus Prime. Maybe a repeat of the 2007 Megatron headsculpt situation, perhaps?

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
This week's Transformers Tuesday is a touch underwhelming, with only official images and preorders open for SS97 Airrazor. Pulse has her up now, other retailers will follow in the next hour or so:

I'm a touch disappointed, not necessarily that Hasbro is showing stuff we've seen...but the fact there is SO MUCH on deck that Hasbro seems oddly content in drip feeding us content. I'm REALLY looking forward to SS Cheetor, and it seems odd to show only only Airrazor, but not show the other part of the Voyager assortment currently in preorder.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Only Airazor.

They will 100% deserve it if leakers beat them to the punch with whatever they're planning to save for next time, if they haven't already with all the stuff we've already seen.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Why does this Airazor look completely different to the last time we saw her? She has two deluxes coming up?

Look:

This new one is using the Kingdom engineering. I actually like the previous one we saw better.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wouldn't be surprised if there is two verisons, one for Studio series and the other for Rise of the Beasts mainline, only time & Hasbro will tell.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yes, we've known there are two entirely different Airrazor toys for like months now thanks to leaks. One seems to be based on early concepts and one on the more finished look, and yes, One is Studio Series and one is Main Line.

-ZacWilliam, kinda think the main line one looks significantly better.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Why does this Airazor look completely different to the last time we saw her? She has two deluxes coming up?

Look:

This new one is using the Kingdom engineering. I actually like the previous one we saw better.
Here's the breakdown:

Hasbro had a slate of toys planned for Rise of the Beasts LAST YEAR when it was originally meant for release. Due to production timetables, most of the stuff was built around preliminary design work. Part of that planned slate included "main line" Deluxe figures and complimenting Voyager class figures. They pretty much fit the same "product space" as the Deluxe figures seen in Cyberverse and Earthspark. Studio Series stuff WAS NOT PLANNED for last year, presumably to avoid the inaccuracy issue that plagued Bumblebee where their "accurate and authentic seen in the films" were screwed by last minute design changes.

But with the film delayed to this year, Hasbro's Studio Series timetable was left unchanged so we get multiple deluxe and voyager assortments, though, with vastly differing character selections. For example, Studio Series Cheetor will be a Voyager figure, not deluxe.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
I expect Hasbro is saving a lot of reveals for the toy fair or something
There is NO US Toy Fair in February, anymore. It’s been moved into a late September spot (likely because most new stuff for a new year starts shipping BEFORE Toy Fair is traditionally held).

Presumably, Hasbro will have some sort of presentation is show off the slate of products as we saw with the Indiana Jones stuff last week. Entertainment Earth’s “Drop Zone” indicates a “beast of a drop”, so I’m hoping it‘s a bit more on the nose than some of the other hints they’ve given.

Then again, they also have Dungeons and Dragons which has quite a few “beasts” of their own and their movie is sooner to see release.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I actually like the more "Generations-y" looking Deluxe a lot more than the Voyager. A lot of the movie designs come out too greebily for my taste, but the Deluxe Airazor has a simpler, cleaner look to it that I think fits in with non-movie toys.

RCX

Citizen
The "mainline deluxe" is the more unique Airazor figure, and definitely my preference because I already own 3 figures with that shared engineering. My fear is the the studio series will be more accurate to what we see onscreen, despite the deluxe being a cool fresh take on a bird TF, thus causing me want to buy both for different reasons.

Top Bottom