Transformers Legacy toyline

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Like I know its a mold issue why the colors breakdown this way, but this solution definitely bucks their recent trends for accuracy. Its interesting.
At the end of the day, Hasbro is still in the business of making toys, which includes managing costs. Given the relative obscurity of Crosscut as a character, and this being the third use of the mold in a year, I just don’t think the design/marketing guys felt this was ”a hill worth dying on” in terms of budgeting to give the toy black wheels.
Personally, I think the biggest reason he’s even here is to continue scratching that odd Diaclone itch someone on the team has.

Also, fresh images of Animated Prowl. Looks good, but I’m not sure a huge need for someone like me with a couple from WAY back in the day.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Images below

In-hand Image of Legacy Evolution Animated Prowl Toy (11)__scaled_600.jpg

Animated Prowl (Alt Mode).gif

Animated Prowl (Bot Mode).gif

I hope the face isn't so derpy in-hand, otherwise, I'll be looking for an upgrade kit or mod to fix it to look more like the rest of the Legacy line.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Oof. I was looking forward to Crosscut but that's rough.
If you're happy with repainting, I think it's fairly easy to paint:

- the wheels black.
- the hubcaps/pin/wheel pegs silver.
- the upper arms grey.
- the guns silver/grey/black.
- the upper red stripes silver/grey (or remove it possibly with rubbing alcohol).
- the lower red stripes black (or cover it with a sticker/reprolabel if it comes out)
- silver and then clear yellow (or white and then yellow) over the indentations in the front bumpers to make indicator lights.
- black and then white/yellow over the knee pads).

(Not that we should have to).

Here's a reposted pic to show what it could look like.

Autobot Senator Crosscut.png

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I could use a project. The wheels are probably the only thing I'd want to paint though. The other little inaccuracies don't look bad. Crosscut doesn't need to be stuck with one color layout forever no matter the mold. A lot of the extra red looks good. My first impression of the robot mode was entirely positive. It's just those red wheels that look bad in a way that's too obviously a budget thing, not artistic license.

KuroKiiroBee

Citizen
I think my favourite Legacy figure so far is Bulkhead. I agree that he doesn't feel like Bulkhead and feels more like a G1 version of AOE Hound. But in-hand the figure is solid and chunky, even if the Energon weapon is easily forgettable. Truck mode is cool!

Dake

Citizen
Yeah, I grabbed him on markdown and he's not bad. My main complaint is there's nothing to hide or otherwise close off the massive empty torso cavity. Thanks to the big windows, in bot mode you can just see right through him.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I didn't get the legacy verison, I got the Wreck n rule verison which looks hell of a lot better as a G1 Bulkhead as the paint job fits the vehicle mode nicely and its theme, which is miltray type vehicle of the past, I didn't get the Arcee figure but my only experience with the mold is SG Flame War, the mold is ok but I wasn't intersted in the Arcee verison as the paint job just didn't suit the figure, out of the three verisons of that mold, Flame War is the best paint job

KuroKiiroBee

Citizen
All of Legacy Wave 2 has been leaked except for the Core Swoop, Core Nemesis Prime, Voyager Metalhawk and Voyager Twincast.

Now we move on to Legacy Wave 3: the Deluxes are Strongarm, Shadowstriker, Junkion 3 and Beachcomber, the Voyagers are Bludgeon (rumoured to be Tarn retool) and another unnamed Junkion, the Leader is Armada Megatron. The Commander who will likely be shown alongside Wave 3 is confirmed to be Armada Prime.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I didn't get Legacy Bulkhead because he looked nothing like either verison of Bulkhead; way too square and way too long of legs. If not for the head, I wouldn't even have suspected it was Bulkhead.

But that Wreck 'n' Rule paintjob was really good, so I wound up with that one, and he is definitely a great toy.. just a terrible stand-in for Prime Bulkhead IMO.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It was even admitted by the designer that the Wrecker version was based more on Movieverse Hound instead of either Bulkhead.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
Amazon apparently has Leo Prime and Hot Shot in stock for shipping. Guess the Evolution is upon us!

We’re TOTALLY going to see a big gap in releases for the back half, aren’t we? Not that it matters since I’ve NEVER seen past wave 1 locally aside from Voyager wave 2 and Leader wave 2. My region is looking like we’ll end up skipping most of the back end of Legacy if I hadn’t ordered my stuff online.

The Phazer

Citizen
Have we seen pictures for everything that's leaked? I can't remember.

Official Hasbro ones you mean? No, we've not had official Hasbro images of Animated Prowl, Crosscut or Junkion 2 yet.

There's stacks of stuff we have listings for but have no images at all of yet.

Swerve

Life of the Party
Citizen
Amazon apparently has Leo Prime and Hot Shot in stock for shipping. Guess the Evolution is upon us!
They certainly do...I got both of them delivered this week already....both good figures (though a little odd as the originals were also good figures). A little odd that their wave mates are not shipping until march 3rd.

Steevy Maximus

Citizen
They certainly do...I got both of them delivered this week already....both good figures (though a little odd as the originals were also good figures). A little odd that their wave mates are not shipping until march 3rd.
Hasbro actually offers a majority of their products as "single case items". It seems, in this case, Leo Prime and Hot Shot single cases seem to have made it out before the mixed cases or other full cases of the other figures in the wave.

Top Bottom