Transformers: Rise of the Beasts

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looks like the bike mode is mistransformed, like the robot head is supposed to tuck away and her shoulders should fold up to bring the arms together in order to complete the back of the bike mode, a la Animated Prowl's original Deluxe toy.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Mistransformed or not…I’m not sure that completely absolves the weak robot mode. It almost feels like Hasbro did an Arcee in this price point to satisfy the crazy “scale die hards“, more than anything else.
I know there are listings for a number of additional Arcee figures, though I can’t recall if deluxe is among them. With the sheer number of product offerings, I feel comfortable in rolling the dice and seeing what ends up being released.

With what I’ve seen from the “Movie Deluxe” line and my experience from the Bumblebee movie line…I feel it is quite possible that we may get a more “attractive” (for lack of a better term) Arcee in another format that isn’t as bound to the “collector standards” of articulation and scale.
Though, that in and of itself might be enough for some to swear off those other expressions completely…

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We got more movie-related news.

First, there's a ROTB campaign going on at a zoo in Sydney, Australia:

Second, plot descriptions for some children's books based on the movie have surfaced:

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
4F2CF554-38EC-4D31-B015-B00CB2454FA0.jpeg

-ZacWilliam "7 Alt-modes."

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
A thought just crossed my mind. The filmmakers might have gone with the bad guys in this movie being Terrorcons instead of Predacons just so that the use of "Terrorize" could make sense with the name of those who use it, reflecting the synergy between "Maximal" and "Maximize" that was always missing between "Predacon" and "Terrorize".

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Maybe 'Freezer' is an awkward reference to Freezon, the Tyco slot race car TF from G1 that had the same head design as Frumbly.
And you mean that the G1 Freezon had a head based upon G1 Frenzy/Rumble?

G1-boxart_Freezon.jpg

Doesn't that mean we could reappropriate either the (Prime?) or Binaltech Frenzy/Rumble into Freezon and/or her "brother"?

frru011.jpg

1145721404_0.jpg

Last edited:

KuroKiiroBee

Citizen
Freezer is probably one of those generic soldiers we see near the end of the trailer (this scene is called Volcano Showdown according to the description for the SS backdrop).

Freezer had the codename "Delta1". There is another Core figure named "Delta2", which is probably going to also be the generic soldiers. I assume there's two types of generic soldiers: one with two arms and one with four/multiple arms. I'm guessing Freezer has a weapon mode because these generics don't transform at all in the film.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Freezer is probably one of those generic soldiers we see near the end of the trailer (this scene is called Volcano Showdown according to the description for the SS backdrop).

Freezer had the codename "Delta1". There is another Core figure named "Delta2", which is probably going to also be the generic soldiers. I assume there's two types of generic soldiers: one with two arms and one with four/multiple arms. I'm guessing Freezer has a weapon mode because these generics don't transform at all in the film.

Here's the weapon mode on Freezer.

Transformers Rise of the Beasts Studio Series Terrorcon Freezer (3)__scaled_600.png

Here's the attached katana/rear spoiler on Nightbird.

Nightbird (Rear Spoiler Attached).png

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, I doubt that toy will be transforming into profits for Hasbro any time soon...

I don't know. I don't mind picking up the occasional transformer with a nonsense alt mode as long as the robot mode is fun and the figure is cheap enough. Freezer here looks kind of like a mecha-kaiju from the Pacific Rim universe, so I could see myself getting him.

Top Bottom