The Twit destroying Twitter is a Twaitor

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
This is exactly the level of petty I expected from Musk. He's all about free speech as long as it's not pointed at him.
Wonder what's happened with that kid who tracked his jet?

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
If they stick a Neuralink in Elon's brain and it cures him of being such a douchenozzle, then I'll buy ten.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen

NovaSaber

Citizen
King Twit thinks building inspectors should investigate drugs, apparently?
unknown.png

NovaSaber

Citizen
"Being Elon Musk" is obviously not a nationality, gender, or religion.
Is he claiming it's a disease?
e55209e58034e6e0bef83574ff869f822184477b.jpg

NovaSaber

Citizen

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
That Elon Musk is a garbage person who hangs out with garbage people is not news.
I look forward to the Twitter alternative so this dumpster fire can be relegated to the trash bin.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Worst part is his estranged daughter is trans.(Though given how petty Musk is, that might be one of the reasons WHY he brought on an anti-trans activist)

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
That Elon Musk is a garbage person who hangs out with garbage people is not news.
I look forward to the Twitter alternative so this dumpster fire can be relegated to the trash bin.
Well Mastodon seems to be shaping up to be that for everyone not sucked into TikTok. Furries and the Infosec community have been there en masse since the purchase actually went through, and various organizations and other people have been trickling over there too. The Auschwitz Museum just got an account on some instance this week for example, and a bunch of the EU government types have all been setting up on a European based instance. Just find an instance with a community you vibe with(avoid mastodon.social though - it's got horrible moderation compared to the smaller instances) and away you go. Chronological timelines and no placement algorithms, and you can follow people on other instances with no issue, but your local admins run the thing, so it's like forums in that respect. Format-wise though, it's basically the same as Twitter with some improvements(Edit button with edit history visible, 500 character default, built-in custom content warning system you can use, etc). I actually almost considered suggesting the creation of an Allspark Mastodon instance, as AFAIK there's no Transformers-themed instances, but both Discord and the forums kind of already cover the same territory between them.

Semi-official guide here
This one should be pretty good too

And if it gives you any idea, from what I've heard the King twit's apparently been causing links to Mastodon things to get set "Sensitive"(aka adult content) which removes them from search.

As for the others:
cohost - A Tumblr/Twitter hybrid. Became a victim of it's own success, with people waiting over a week for their account to be approved.
hive.social - App-only twitter clone. Last I heard, shut down for good after security folks found it was wide open to hacking.
Tumblr - Does seem to be getting a resurgence, and it is established already, but AFAIK doesn't work quite the same if you want it to work the same as Twitter. Also from what I heard they're looking at adding a plugin to integrate with the Mastodon fediverse so if that goes though you should be able to follow tumblr folks from Mastodon and vice versa.
TikTok - I assume this is where all the younger folk are going or have gone. Video-focused, so it depends on if that's your thing.
counter.social - This is just a modified Mastodon instance.
Post - Not been hearing good things about this and AFAIK is also another Mastodon instance.

Some artists are also returning to Instagram, and Inkblot is a new art site trying to establish itself with DA cratering itself(due to the AI art stuff) but I haven't really given it much of a whirl yet.

Last edited:

NovaSaber

Citizen
Worst part is his estranged daughter is trans.(Though given how petty Musk is, that might be one of the reasons WHY he brought on an anti-trans activist)
I thought it was because his ex dated a trans woman.
I didn't know about his daughter, but that does make it even worse.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
The next time The New York Times asks me to resubscribe, I'm going to reply with a link to that article and a link to that tweet.

Top Bottom