HasLab Deathsaurus

Shadhausen

Citizen
Kinda glad now I don't have this kind of money for something that's probably going to be a flaky mess in a few years time.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
My senses did not deceive: I thought that looked awfully vac-metally. Oh well, at least it will be a relatively small area overall that gets flaky. And to be fair, there could be a few 3rd party options that take care of just the wings (and include superfluous "gap filler" pieces and the like).

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
They also hinted at what the next HasLab figure might be.

Previous comments implied that it won't be an Optimus, and here we get three more clues:
  • It'll be a figure that celebrates the brand's 40th anniversary
  • It won't be another Victory character
  • It will not be G1 Gun Megatron

MrBlud

Citizen
Given the chrome only appears on Tigerbreast and his head; they damn well should include a version of each that AREN’T chromed.

Be a good fourth(?) tier even.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Does gold chrome flake? I thought it was the only color (besides the bare "silver", obviously) that didn't.

Kup

Citizen

Previous comments implied that it won't be an Optimus, and here we get three more clues:
Rodimus please. Life sized. Road worthy.

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Does gold chrome flake? I thought it was the only color (besides the bare "silver", obviously) that didn't.
It's not a color issue, it's a matter of how they mix and bond the ingredients in every run. I've got chromed toys going back 30+ years (including the original Deathsaurus) that are fine. TM Rattrap and Ultra Jetstorm shed all their chrome; Walmart Blue Rattrap and BC02 Cyclonus are still fine to this day.

It does raise some concerns about how they'll package him. Those tight bamboo ties would be a disaster.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen

I bet it will be Optimus prime of some kind unless they attempt an Ark playset

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My Ultra Jetstorm was fine the last time I looked. There's no certainty with this kind of paint.

SeeveeRay

I'll get better someday, hopefully.
Citizen
Sigh... vac metal...

I'm disappointed to hear the next Haslab isn't a Victory because I really wanted a proper Liokaiser. I don't see them doing it otherwise. (except maybe in Masterpiece G?)

But something that celebrates the 40th anniversary? What could that be? It needs to be something that'll actually get backers. So it needs to be something people don't see themselves being able to get elsewhere (in some form). Well, they've only made good characters choices so far, at least.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Sixshot was the only Phase Sixer who was also a six-changer. The others were Black Shadow and Overlord.
And this was of course definitely planned from the moment someone (presumably Furman) came up with the concept, and there is absolutely no possibility that there was a window of time where someone could have thought "they should be Phase Sixers because Sixshot."

Magnusblitz

Citizen
But something that celebrates the 40th anniversary? What could that be? It needs to be something that'll actually get backers. So it needs to be something people don't see themselves being able to get elsewhere (in some form). Well, they've only made good characters choices so far, at least.

Yeah, I kinda wonder how much to read into that. On one hand "something that celebrates the 40th anniversary" would seem to mean it has to be something from 1984, which is pretty limiting, especially if it's not Optimus or a gun Megatron. (Ark? Seems unlikely after just doing the Titan, unless it's more of a in-volcano playset) Or it could just mean "celebrates the 40th anniversary" in the sense that it's a Transformer.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
What was said in the stream is that the next HasLab igure will not be another Victory because it is one that is being made for the 40th anniversary, which to me sounds a lot like how HasLab Unicron was made for the 35th anniversary of TFTM.

MrBlud

Citizen
I feel like to get enough fan support it would assuredly have to be G1 but they’ve pretty much ticked off all the boxes. Gun Megatron being an obvious exception and one they immediately shot down.

We already have a Unicron. Primus doesn’t really justify the same price given his dearth of fiction. We already have a $200 half decent Devastator (both G1 and film).

We’ve gotten an upgrade of almost every previous Optimus in existence. With the possible exception of Actionmaster Prime and he doesn’t seem like something you’d have the interest to Haslab.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Do we definitely know that it will transform? A playset of the Autobot or Decepticon bases, or for that matter, Maximal and Predacon bases, something to display at least some of the recent figures in might celebrate the brand without singling out a single character.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
A base seems very unlikely to me. One that doesn't transform or come with several exclusive transforming figures is frankly right off the table. There's no way IMO they're going to do a Haslab Anniversary project that doesn't have the brands main gimmick and reason for being front and center.

Possibilities I could see:

*The Nemesis or Primus as counterparts to existing Titans. These don't feel super-likely because they are both less iconic than their counterparts that have already been made, but they're big enough bough and prominent enough to be possible. Especially if Hasbro put some major UMPH into their design.

* Really Really Masterpiece Masterpiece Prime. This is unlikely because it'd break their own rule AND because what more could they even do that hasn't been done before. But it's the super low hanging fruit of an Anniversary thing.

* Really Really Good G2 Tank Megatron - If you can't/won't do Optimus he's next in line for obvious anniversary go to. And if you can't do the Gun this is the next Iconic option, and there's not a really really great on model tank Megatron toy. Pros: Lots of potential. Cons: Second choice on several fronts.

* Some sort of G1 gift set. I don't know what but I'm stretching for things that would justify a HasLab. Too many 84 bots for a gift set. Dinobots are out. Devastator is the obvious choice but doesn't excite me loads. I'm decently satisfied with the Titan and I'm not convinced they'd pull it off better even at Haslab level.

-ZacWilliam, things that would excite me personally: Big Red, Spanner, Scrounge and Smelting Pool, fully featured Pretenders, Prima and Magatronus, New Cool Characters are all WAY too niche for them do a Haslab, especially for the anniversary.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
Honestly, I wouldn't put too much stock in the "No Optimus' on Haslab."

If they think of an idea that'll work well on Haslab, they're going to do it rather than stick to an extremely arbitrary rule. Especially if they get pressure from above.

That said, all the really iconic stuff from G1 has basically been done to death, and the ones that haven't aren't really the kinds of things you need Haslab for. Unless they want do a G1 style Cybertron/Primus, which.. good luck with that.

I'm gonna step outside the box for a moment and say it'll be a Matrix of Leadership in the style of their many Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers and Ghostbusters prop replica stuff. Because that's the only thing that's both iconic enough to represent the 40th anniversary and also hasn't also been on a shelf in some form in the last 5 years.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I really don't know what I'd like to see for the next Haslab. I mean, I'd really like Tidal Wave or Grandus, but I'd prefer them as Titans, not Haslabs.
I agree we shouldn't put too much stock into the whole 'no Optimus' clause. I can easily see Star Convoy or God Ginrai with new, updated molding. I know we've had a recent Star Convoy, but I'd like to see them take another bite at it without the evolution gimmick.

Gun Megatron is gone and, IMO, we're all better off for it. It never made sense fiction wise and it's not something that I particularly care for.
I heard someone wish for an Animated Omega Supreme. I could get behind that, but I don't know if it'd garner enough support for a Haslab.

I think it needs to be a faction leader. Someone we haven't gotten or haven't seen in a while. I think they learned their lesson with Unicron and other super expensive Haslabs and will keep it around the $200 price point.
Hmm, maybe a unique mold Alpha Trion with a ton of accessories?

Top Bottom