Transformers Legacy toyline

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I got Black Zarak for 60% his original price a little while ago and then got a addon kit that gives him a bigger shield and more guns, he is a impressive bot, thou I wasn't originally planning to get him until I saw a article on one of the TF sites I go for, to learn the TF News and it was then it was more on a whim that I got him, I wasn't really planning to buy anymore titan bots, but going for what pretty much commander class price, I bought him, he currently on top of my chest of draws in base mode with his Headmaster in robot mode

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I kind of wanted to get Black Zarak, mainly because I think that the Titan Scorponok mold is really good. However, I really don't have much of a place for him (or any real connection to the character), so I am good with Scorponok. But yeah, I did buy one of the DNA kits that gave him his rifle, extra turrets, etc. and really helped put some finishing touches on him.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If you can, get both the DNA Design upgrade kits for Black Zarak and the Ark to sweeten the deal. They really help to complete the two figures, especially the Ark.

Shadewing

Citizen
Black Zarak and Scorponok are amazing, and if you only can get one; I'd honestly say Zarak is the slightly better of the two. Black Zarak's head and Head's robot mode just look all around better imo.

Ark on the otherhand.... Do I regret getting it? ...Not really... but at the same time... I do consider him to be the worst titan. He just does SO much less then any of the others. He's not a bad figure or toy; but just comparing him to all the others (only one I've not handled is Legacy Metroplex) he comes up short. But in a Vaccuum, he's still very much worth at least $100.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Ark on the otherhand.... Do I regret getting it? ...Not really... but at the same time... I do consider him to be the worst titan. He just does SO much less then any of the others. He's not a bad figure or toy; but just comparing him to all the others (only one I've not handled is Legacy Metroplex) he comes up short. But in a Vaccuum, he's still very much worth at least $100.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel about the Ark. In an ideal world, we would have gotten a toy that goes from that Ark mode to an Autobot Base playset with no robot mode involved. That's really what I wanted.

UndeadScottsman

Citizen
I just wish the Ark's transformation didn't feel like an upscaled core class. They sacrificed a lot to fit in mainframe/teletraan.

Shadewing

Citizen
That's pretty much exactly how I feel about the Ark. In an ideal world, we would have gotten a toy that goes from that Ark mode to an Autobot Base playset with no robot mode involved. That's really what I wanted.

I'd be fine with it if they gave him a 3rd base mode. even if a Partformer, and build around Teletran 1/Mainframe. That would probably have bumped him up from a C to a B-

Dake

Citizen
It really ties the Cybertronian sky line together.
6npnf91.jpg

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Wow. Best Buy has both the Ark and Black Zarak for $104 each?

Tell me I won’t regret buying them.

Ark is best to keep in ship mode, Zarak is pretty cool, but if you can't get DNA upgrade kits for them, then go to www.tfsafari.com to find some upgrades for the figures, of course, that is your choice if you want to buy them.

The Phazer

Citizen

I've never really understood this. Ark turns into a pretty convincing spaceship.

That's literally one more thing than Fortress Maximus or Metroplex achieved with their phoned in transformations.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I've never really understood this. Ark turns into a pretty convincing spaceship.

That's literally one more thing than Fortress Maximus or Metroplex achieved with their phoned in transformations.

It's more the opposite problem. He turns from a great spaceship into a mediocre robot. Not a BAD robot mode, mind you, just not fantastic. And my main problem with him remains that what I really wanted was a base mode. A robot mode for the Ark isn't something I hate, but was never something I needed.

Scorponok, Omega Supreme, and Trypticon all pretty much hit the right combination of great robot modes and fun base modes.

Cybertron Metroplex actually looks pretty fun as well, but he's still to pricey for a character I have no attachment to.

The Phazer

Citizen
Scorponok, Omega Supreme, and Trypticon all pretty much hit the right combination of great robot modes and fun base modes.

I don't disagree with this, but that's why I didn't name them.

Sadly, the truth is that budget cuts have rendered anything as good as Trypticon impossible at this point.

The Phazer

Citizen
With Wave 3 of the deluxes in-hand, wow, these are... not great tbh. The tolerances are pretty awful on all of them, and bad material choices abound.

It is very hard to understand how the factory samples of these got sent back and they were like "cool, ship this." Dead End's tabbing engineering just doesn't work, but it's exacerbated by yet another example of nylon parts coming out 2 - 3% wider than they're supposed to be and the designer not compensating, so his car mode is very hard to peg together and if it does puts a massive amount of pressure on one tiny clip. You'll struggle to find one of these intact in a few years. The main clip in his legs is barely functional due to bad wall thickness and materials.

Skullgrin's weapons feel like taffy, the paint seems like it will never fully cure, and many parts just feel too mushy for the tabs to work.

Crankcase inherits Skids bad roof clips.

Pointblank is a floppy mess.

Top Bottom