Dice identification request.

Autobubbs

Citizen
Back in the Late 00's to 2012 we had an Anime Store. This is where I would hang out to draw, build models, get sucked into MTG, watch anime... and where I became a Dice Goblin.

The manager had modified an old Gumball Machine into a Dice Machine... so I'd pop in a quarter to see what I got. I primarily focused on D-6's, as I was still into heroclix at the time. Of those, there where those pictured below, each with an emblem where the 6 should be. Fast forward to today, where I've just jumped into Battletech, digging out the 'matching' sets for my roles. Problem is that the Axe and Sword match in emblem only, with their colors inversed. This wasn't a problem initially, but it has been made light of that I should use 'matching die' on mass rolls, cuz I could just fudge my rolls.

Can anyone identify just where these came from so I can find more?

Attachments

• Dice.jpg
    Dice.jpg
    519 KB · Views: 113

Dvandom

Citizen
The original "Clickytech" Battletech dice sets would be two "proper" colors dice and one inverted, because the rolling system needed one die to be different for purposes of crits (the two same-color dice rolling 12, rather than any two of the three dice being 6s).

---Dave

Autobubbs

Citizen

Dvandom

Citizen
The game started with a bunch of factions that were aligned with the great houses without being officially part of them, plus a few mercenary companies. The one you're talking about is the Kurita-aligned faction, "Dragon's Fury."

From top to bottom, the factions in that dice picture are Swordsworn (Davion), Bannson's Raiders (merc), Dragon's Fury (Kurita), Northwind Highlanders (Republic of the Sphere), Spirit Cats (Clan Nova Cat), and Steel Wolves (Clan Wolf). The Clan-aligned ones were basically remnants from the previous Clan incursion, but the Real Clans did come back in a later expansion.

I have all of the dice sets, I even used one of the Dragon's Fury dice as a dinner randomizer for a while when I had shifted to only testing blood sugar a few times a month instead of every day (if the DF symbol came up, I'd test for the next two days), and once I stopped having to test at all I'd use it occasionally to randomly determine what I'd make for dinner. It's still sitting on a shelf above my stove.

---Dave

Top Bottom