THE KNOCK OFF TRANSFORMERS THREAD

Salt-Man Z

that is not dead which can eternal lie
Citizen
But yeah, maybe the van sides can be fixed but I always consider the inability to peg together to be an impediment to the alt mode, because it's so obviously wrong.
??? There's no gap, you just have to transform him properly. (There's a tab on his front wheels that the side panels peg onto.)

300px-Studio-Series-Deluxe-Class-Bumblebee-Autobot-Ratchet.jpg

Dake

Citizen
Like I said, I don't even have him so I don't know - just going off the pictures where even the official version doesn't appear to quite tab together securely. There are plenty of figures out there that have tabs that just don't work quite right due to imperfect plastic tolerances. So if there is a flaw with the original and all they've done is upsized those parts, they've likely just increased the tolerance issues resulting in the pictures in this thread.

But, if it's just someone being lazy then that's cool.

Dvandom

Citizen
Yeah, it took me a while to figure out how to properly get everything in place on that mold. Specifically, not until I was reviewing Ironhide did I discover I'd transformed Ratchet incorrectly.

---Dave

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Like I said, I don't even have him so I don't know - just going off the pictures where even the official version doesn't appear to quite tab together securely. There are plenty of figures out there that have tabs that just don't work quite right due to imperfect plastic tolerances. So if there is a flaw with the original and all they've done is upsized those parts, they've likely just increased the tolerance issues resulting in the pictures in this thread.

But, if it's just someone being lazy then that's cool.
Both videos of this figure have showed the same mistransformation. I've pre-ordered it so I'll let you all know (unless Ben's KOllectibles or Paul beats me to it with pics).

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
This is really 3P news, but a company that made large, fairly cheap Chinese military vehicle TF robots has just released a red recolor of a previous version for $20 MORE than the original.

Red & Khaki.jpg

Bowu School Type 96B-X Tank Tianyi Shangshi Mountain Lion​

Also, there seems to be a homage to Broadside, sans jet mode. Seems like a nice, chunky figure!

IMG20221022202624_Marine_Morphers_Aircraft_Carrier.jpg
IMG20221022203629_Marine_Morphers_Aircraft_Carrier.jpg

Available here:

- http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=10&p=7920&t=Marine_Morphers_Aircraft_Carrier.html

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
Knockoff Rescue Bots racer sets. An almost-on-model Blurr, and jet-mode Blades in Bumblebee colors. The autotransform works acceptably well.

SupremeMachines2.JPG

SupremeMachines1.JPG

SupremeMachines3.JPG

I picked up the Triceratops/Blades set.

---Dave

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
WARNING:

- The upcoming OSKO Ratchet now has pictures at the Sirtoys website showing serious QC issues with this figure. Apart from the side panels not tabbing in vehicle mode, the panels covering the backs of the lower legs and the entire waist joint seem to break very easily.

OSKO Ratchet.jpg

Edit: - Show Z just checked 3 of these figures and they stated they were fine.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Ben's got a review up:

-

Plus one of a KO 3P Soundwave:

-

Here are three reviews, featuring recently released OSKO SS Bayverse constructicons and their combined form:

-

-

-

The OSKO SS86 Sharkticons are now available to preorder from ShowZ:

- https://showzstore.com/4th-party-sm01-ss86-sharkticons-oversized-version-set-3_p4623.html

As is a KO of TF Prime Bulkhead (Takara Tomy version) :

- https://showzstore.com/4th-party-ac-01r-tfp-bulkhead-japan-version_p4522.html

Also, my "Shock Warrior" (by "Our Little Buddy"?) OSKO SS BB Ratchet just arrived and he's lovely. The Autobot symbol is a reprolabel and his gun's LED is so bright, it can illuminate the opposite wall of my room.

OSKO SS BB Ratchet.png

Ratchet.png

(The side panels have faction symbols on them, which were from an uncut sheet of faction stickers that came with ordered from ShowZ)

Btw, the side panels on mine can, with a bit of fiddling with the rear "shoulders" and other parts-massaging, clip in correctly. The only "hole" is then due to a part that was seemingly removed from the side panels for the OSKO version.

IMG_20221119_084955.jpg

Last edited:

Sir Toys

Citizen

Attachments

• IMG20221116160701_SM-01_SM01_Sharkticon_OS_Set_Of_3.jpg
    IMG20221116160701_SM-01_SM01_Sharkticon_OS_Set_Of_3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG20221116161318_SM-01_SM01_Sharkticon_OS_Set_Of_3.jpg
    IMG20221116161318_SM-01_SM01_Sharkticon_OS_Set_Of_3.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG20221116161347_SM-01_SM01_Sharkticon_OS_Set_Of_3.jpg
    IMG20221116161347_SM-01_SM01_Sharkticon_OS_Set_Of_3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 61

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
A new batch of OS Micromasters. I like the A10 with AWACS dish that transforms by standing up...Size comparison of the OS Sharkticons.

Nice pics! I missed the opportunity to get the undersized KO Sharkticon set so I'm still looking for them. Please PM me here Paul if you've got any spare (hopefully in their box?) and/or if you can accept credit cards via anything other than Paypall (as it's stopped working for me a while ago at your site).

In other news:

-
(Personally, I think even the KO is overpriced, but that's just me).

-
(Apparently, according to Ben, in the video above, there's a modded/alternate mold out with a KO 3P Superion head and the shoulder weapons/kibble have been removed. If anyone has links to the pics, please could they share them here?)

-
(Some sort of KO/3P Bayverse toys?)

-
(A rather slick KO MPM BB)

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
The OSKO Sharkies just arrived about an hour ago.

PicsArt_1669165553247.png

PicsArt_1669184223262.png

I added metallic red, green and purple details to the two bots that didn't get any details on them. I'm also adding additional paint details to the beast mode faces/heads and their flail weapons/tails (to give them some further differences/character).

Btw, here are two English reviews for the oversized SS86 Sharkticons:

-

-

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
That's nice. If one didn't already have FT Phoenix, this would be a decent replacement - though all the added detail certainly separates him from the rest of the MP line.
OSKO Earthrise Rhinox, with filler parts and upgrade parts for his guns.

It'd be good to see this one next to MP Primal. I've put my MP Beast Wars toys away and will likely sell them off since the regular line is doing them all so well - but this might stand in pretty nicely as an MP Rhinox (which if ever gets made will probably cost $300+).

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
That's nice. If one didn't already have FT Phoenix, this would be a decent replacement - though all the added detail certainly separates him from the rest of the MP line.

It'd be good to see this one next to MP Primal. I've put my MP Beast Wars toys away and will likely sell them off since the regular line is doing them all so well - but this might stand in pretty nicely as an MP Rhinox (which if ever gets made will probably cost $300+).

I agree!

Btw, there's a smoked, clear version of SS DOTM Sentinel Prime coming out:

-

Top Bottom